• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

24GT - Driving Impression from a noob

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
I had a rental Ford expedition for a couple weeks. That thing was totally dead feeling if it wasn't in sport mode.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Who cares what I currently driveā€¦I tested a few S650s and felt the same sensation that the engine needs 4000 rpm to wake upā€¦
Everyone knows the Coyote is a high revving engine with a little to be desired on the bottom end. The A10 certainly helps in that regard. But unless you drive a well broken in S650 with premium fuel your conclusions cannot be totally valid.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Who cares what I currently driveā€¦I tested a few S650s and felt the same sensation that the engine needs 4000 rpm to wake upā€¦
Maybe go participate on those other forums? Based on most of the replies to your posts, you've clearly worn out your welcome here.

OP
OP

Maunissan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024
Ty everyone! Iā€™ll give the car a few months. As many of you said here it seems a matter of breaking in the engine-transmission.

im also glad to know that other people also experienced this sensation of response delay, and I understand as well that the car indeed feels heavy.

As long that is a expected behavior, Iā€™m fine. I can sleep better now!

update: related to the acceleration and delay, the sport mode responds a bit better indeed, but the gear shifts are a bit rough.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Everyone knows the Coyote is a high revving engine with a little to be desired on the bottom end. The A10 certainly helps in that regard. But unless you drive a well broken in S650 with premium fuel your conclusions cannot be totally valid.
I have the A10, love how it shifts, always use Premium, just hit the 500 mile mark. So I want this thing to smoke the tires at launch (if I choose) so are you suggesting if I stay aggressive on the pedal it will learn that's what I want and I might lose some of the throttle delay/lag?
I have no plans to track the car, just drive it for fun

OP
OP

Maunissan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024
I have the A10, love how it shifts, always use Premium, just hit the 500 mile mark. So I want this thing to smoke the tires at launch (if I choose) so are you suggesting if I stay aggressive on the pedal it will learn that's what I want and I might lose some of the throttle delay/lag?
I have no plans to track the car, just drive it for fun
Btw should I use premium gasoline?

Ford says the regular is fine but that I will only reach the 480hp with premium.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Ford says the regular is fine but that I will only reach the 480hp with premium.
I think regular is for the Base model :rockon: I only use Premium in my Premium...lol Seriously though reg wont hurt, probably wouldn't even notice the difference. I only premium, gas is high regardless so why not get the octane

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed

Premium or regular makes only a small difference when the ignition retards when the engine detects knock due to lower octane gasolineā€¦As for your original question you probably would have been happier with a manual as you are more in control what gear you are in and what rpm you want to run and have a more direct feel without the torque convertorā€¦Test drive on and see if it solves your problems how you feel about how the drivetrain behaves !

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Hey everyone - new here and new to Mustangs.

Iā€™ve seen people post to take it easy during the break in and also that the computer is learning how you drive. If youā€™re taking it easy for the first say 1K miles and you normally drive heavy footed, does the car need to be reset to relearn driving habits?

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Hey everyone - new here and new to Mustangs.

Iā€™ve seen people post to take it easy during the break in and also that the computer is learning how you drive. If youā€™re taking it easy for the first say 1K miles and you normally drive heavy footed, does the car need to be reset to relearn driving habits?
You would rather have the AT learn for economical shifting points, if you need higher shifting points just go with the Sport Mode.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I'm a noob re: the Coyote engine. I'm coming from a turbo Subaru WRX (aftermarket exhaust) at about 290 HP. The turbo would kick in at pretty low RPMs (2K-2.5K) which was nice. What is the power band in the Coyote?
Sponsored