• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
People that order early are enthusiasts... why limit enthusiast packages???
two reasons
1. you gotta get the basic car made before you can start throwing extras at it.
and
2. a vast majority of sales are not from enthusiasts getting top spec cars, so it only makes sense to ramp production for base trims first then get the enthusiast packages in.
A 3rd reason:

Enthusiasts tend to be brand loyalists that won't just up and jump ship over a relatively small inconveniece or mistake.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gearhead350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 (sold)
After the disaster that has been the Bronco, Maverick and F-150 Lightning launches, this shouldn't be a surprise.

I stand by what I said before. A lot of us would do good to have our cars by the fall.

And then, on top of that, I'm willing to bet there will be some type of recall (in typical Ford fashion).
Yep. I’m not expecting my car before November

Thoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Well this sucks a little. I had plans for trips with this car in October, but if I don't get it by then, then those are washed. I will also need to get a rental for more than a month as my current car is uninspectable after June. Oh well.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
This does stink… but may be good news for me… seem to be dodging it all: GT premium non PP convertible (so no painted roof), nite pony package
I have a GT premium non PP on order as well. Did you order the first day order banks opened? I did but haven't seen any updates yet.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Restating that this looks like it is for scheduling for Week 23 only, the week of June 5-9 (working days), so I am not sure I would balk quite yet at what is and isn't being scheduled. It is literally only the first week of retail scheduling.

If June gets completely scheduled out with no PP, Black roof, or DH, then we could start to speculate, but I am not sure now is the time. There will probably be another round of scheduling next week for week 24.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Scheduling This Week (4/13/23) For Retail Orders. Constraints: Stop Build on Dark Horse, No GT Performance Package, No Black Painted Roof 1681310232259

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Scheduling This Week (4/13/23) For Retail Orders. Constraints: Stop Build on Dark Horse, No GT Performance Package, No Black Painted Roof 1681310544077

In the meantime, congrats to everyone getting scheduled this week, looking forward to seeing some scheduled emails tomorrow/Friday!

Last edited:

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I suspected that the Nite Pony package and Performance Pack would cause delays, it's just extra steps and extra parts for builds and we all know how "constrained" everything has been recently. Either way, I'm still optimistic we will see our cars in the summer, pretty much every car shown at auto shows or media days has been a Nite Pony/PP car, they certainly knew demand would be high.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's the PP wheels and spoiler that will hold orders back as most of the other parts should be carryover from S550

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I'm not surprised by a delay, just a little bummed.

I read in a post by Zach @ Granger the Ford was estimating 8% of production could be GT PP for 2024. That's why my order was in as soon as the banks opened up. Like many on here, I want all the good stuff :fingerscrossed:

I haven't seen any info on production capacity for 2024, but 8% of 2022 (last full year data published) is ~3800 total GTs that would be PP builds. That seems like a relatively small number.

**2024 Mustang Allocation Update**

We have received information that we will have 100 Mustang orders to place once the order banks open up for 2024. We will be able to collect deposits and place those orders at 2% under invoice starting on 3-27-23. The following packages have Limited production capacity, so if you are interested in these, I would suggest placing your orders ASAP:

Option - % of overall production Mix
5.0L - 50%
Magna Ride - 29%
Nite Pony Package - 18%
GT Performance Package - 8%
Recaro Leather - 7%
Bronze Package - 5%
Wheel & Stripe Package - 2%

We will receive less than 10 Dark Horse Mustangs. We will be collecting Deposits on the first 6 allocations and then wait until we see how the production cycle goes to collect deposits on any more units if/when they are available.

If you are intersted in placing an order email [email protected] and you can place a deposit with us now and we'll place an order once the order banks open up! We have a long enough interest list on the dark horse, I'm confident we won't be collecting any more deposits on that unit.

Thanks as always!

Zach

Last edited:

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Based on those numbers, assuming we will see about ~65k mustangs for the 2024 model year based on previous production numbers:

32,500 will be GTs
18,850 will have Magneride
11,700 will be Nite Pony
5200 will have Performance Pack
4550 will have Recaros
3250 will have the Bronze Package
1300 will have Wheel & Stripe Package

Safe to say that even if everyone here ordered with the Wheel & Stripe Package, we would still get our cars, it just might take a while

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
So I f I go to the dealer and drop the night pack, I have a better chance of my car being build sooner?

I might do that.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Based on those numbers, assuming we will see about ~65k mustangs for the 2024 model year based on previous production numbers:

32,500 will be GTs
18,850 will have Magneride
11,700 will be Nite Pony
5200 will have Performance Pack
4550 will have Recaros
3250 will have the Bronze Package
1300 will have Wheel & Stripe Package

Safe to say that even if everyone here ordered with the Wheel & Stripe Package, we would still get our cars, it just might take a while
I'm optimistic that we will get our PP builds. It's just a real bummer that the enthusiasts, who were lined up at the door on day one, may get pushed to the end of the line.

A delay is definitely not unexpected but still sucks.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
ive been operating under the assumption that since i was getting a custom spec'd mustang that i wasnt going to see anything until August at the earliest. Anyone who though their custom builds would be made before the base models for dealer lots that comprise a majority of Fords sales is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
I cannot give an answer but can give you a general feel for things.

From what I understand thus far...the initial month or two is going to be dedicated to dealer stock. Ford wants to sell the S650, but there aren't any on the lots. Around June, Ford will begin building customer orders. This does not mean your car will be built in June, but Ford will begin selecting retail orders in queue to be built. Ford kind of does a round-robin approach to customer builds, much of which remains a mystery. Some orders get picked up almost immediately, others, months later. You can imagine trying to marry parts, configurations and line schedules with orders.

So let's say the window opens in June. Once there, Ford is already dealing with differing supply constraints, not enough parts to go around. Ford and other makers have been wrestling with this issue for some time. It typically impacts those seeking the more unique features and options, but can impact more general items. Paint colors for example; some were delayed in times past.

From the initial comment, later remarks and the order guide, it does not look like you are being specifically impacted by any delays right now. However, due to the random nature of the build cycle and scheduling, this does not mean your build will be picked up as soon as June. I feel your car will be built this calendar year, between June and October. To the others, some initial delays, possibly months long. When Ford schedules your build for production, you will get an e-mail confirmation. The dealer will know as well.

In prior years, almost all of us were delayed, either due to parts constraints, shipping issues, etc. Most didn't mind. It was worth waiting to receive a car built to ones' unique spec.

All of this. The rep I spoke with when I made my order said that they like to tell customers the order will be fulfilled in 4 to 6 months (from the order). So for me, i already expect to not get the car early. I would like to get by September or October....but I'll be happy if i get it before the year 2024 🤷🏿‍♂️

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
Restating that this looks like it is for scheduling for Week 23 only, the week of June 5-9 (working days), so I am not sure I would balk quite yet at what is and isn't being scheduled. It is literally only the first week of retail scheduling.

If June gets completely scheduled out with no PP, Black roof, or DH, then we could start to speculate, but I am not sure now is the time. There will probably be another round of scheduling next week for week 24.

1681310232259.png

1681310544077.png

In the meantime, congrats to everyone getting scheduled this week, looking forward to seeing some scheduled emails tomorrow/Friday!
Thank you for this. I have backed off the ledge. The original poster got us all riled up.

When I think about it, it makes sense to build PP's together and Black Painted roofs together.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I think some of the 3/27 orders will start to be scheduled tomorrow (4/13). Fingers crossed
Sponsored