• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
So I am a newb to all this. Just order an EB premium convertible 201A....the dealer couldn't really give me an estimate...says it could be calendar 2024. What is a realistic ballpark? Is it August, November, March? Or do we just have no idea?
Sponsored

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
My build has pp and nite pony. So I guess I
am gonna stack up a few more bucks and wait.

Wonder what is next?
the flat bottom steering wheel will be next...

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
two reasons
1. you gotta get the basic car made before you can start throwing extras at it.
and
2. a vast majority of sales are not from enthusiasts getting top spec cars, so it only makes sense to ramp production for base trims first then get the enthusiast packages in.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I think week 23 is the week of may 28/29 so this is literally just the first week of june scheduling it sounds like...so there is still hope other weeks in june have these constrained packages and for Dark Horse

FordVideoGuy just said Job 1 was moved back to May 1 on tonights livestream. Ill listen more in depth tomorrow. He did state that all of may are the early dealer stock builds, then june are retail orders.

Last edited:

DemonWorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
It was in one of the long mcarthur videos on YouTube. He was reading off his computer nite pony would have a 5% build rate in June & showed 0% build rate for PP in April, May, & June

Ford has already said they would not build a PP mustang GT for those months? Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
I believe that ford will not build PP during those months UNLESS it’s a retail order.

Ford has already said they would not build a PP mustang GT for those months? Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I believe that ford will not build PP during those months UNLESS it’s a retail order.
Aren't most orders retail orders though? What type of purchase isn't a retail order? My only guess is that plan pricing like X plan or A plan is not a retail order but I'm just guessing.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Aren't most orders retail orders though? What type of purchase isn't a retail order? My only guess is that plan pricing like X plan or A plan is not a retail order but I'm just guessing.
Non-retail means stock order, like dealer stock to have on the lot, not a customer ordering the car. May was scheduled to be dealer stock/early builds. June is rumored to be retail/customer.

Im still not sure what that means with the constraints that have been mentioned honestly...

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
When a dealer orders stock, those are not retail. Retail means sold as in the dealer placed the order on behalf of a customer. So if you purchase a car that was sitting on a lot, that is not a retail order. There are some exceptions like if a customer ordered a car but walked away from it. Then that car will sit on dealer lot. But it was still ordered retail not as stock.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
So I am a newb to all this. Just order an EB premium convertible 201A....the dealer couldn't really give me an estimate...says it could be calendar 2024. What is a realistic ballpark? Is it August, November, March? Or do we just have no idea?
I cannot give an answer but can give you a general feel for things.

From what I understand thus far...the initial month or two is going to be dedicated to dealer stock. Ford wants to sell the S650, but there aren't any on the lots. Around June, Ford will begin building customer orders. This does not mean your car will be built in June, but Ford will begin selecting retail orders in queue to be built. Ford kind of does a round-robin approach to customer builds, much of which remains a mystery. Some orders get picked up almost immediately, others, months later. You can imagine trying to marry parts, configurations and line schedules with orders.

So let's say the window opens in June. Once there, Ford is already dealing with differing supply constraints, not enough parts to go around. Ford and other makers have been wrestling with this issue for some time. It typically impacts those seeking the more unique features and options, but can impact more general items. Paint colors for example; some were delayed in times past.

From the initial comment, later remarks and the order guide, it does not look like you are being specifically impacted by any delays right now. However, due to the random nature of the build cycle and scheduling, this does not mean your build will be picked up as soon as June. I feel your car will be built this calendar year, between June and October. To the others, some initial delays, possibly months long. When Ford schedules your build for production, you will get an e-mail confirmation. The dealer will know as well.

In prior years, almost all of us were delayed, either due to parts constraints, shipping issues, etc. Most didn't mind. It was worth waiting to receive a car built to ones' unique spec.

Last edited:

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
Where did get this information? I have the PP on mine. Starting to feel like this is going to be one long wait.
sounds like long long long wait

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
After the disaster that has been the Bronco, Maverick and F-150 Lightning launches, this shouldn't be a surprise.

I stand by what I said before. A lot of us would do good to have our cars by the fall.

And then, on top of that, I'm willing to bet there will be some type of recall (in typical Ford fashion).
Sponsored