• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

10 Speed Automatic feedback?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
when in 1st or 2nd the transmission will normally freewheel, but in the manual mode 1st and 2nd will engine brake. drive mode has no effect on engine braking
Thanks
Sponsored

Hawkeyye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT premium
All I want to know is does this bitch whine like the last gen's did. I had a very loud whine and I hated it so much I unloaded the car. People will tell you its normal but I say BS. If every automatic stang had it then its normal. If only 10% have it, its not normal. Now it may be true that it doesn't hurt the car but that doesnt make it "normal."

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
All I want to know is does this bitch whine like the last gen's did. I had a very loud whine and I hated it so much I unloaded the car. People will tell you its normal but I say BS. If every automatic stang had it then its normal. If only 10% have it, its not normal. Now it may be true that it doesn't hurt the car but that doesnt make it "normal."
A whine isn't normal but you could be looking in the wrong place. My 96 mustang with a manual transmission also had a whine but I found the rear end ring and pinion gears weren't correctly shimmed out. Because the gears didn't line up exactly they had so much whine I am surprised they got through inspection at the plant. It takes a skilled person to assemble a rear end correctly and fortunately my dealer had one who correctly repaired it. If the pitch is there in all gears and tends to go up in pitch the faster you go, you should check the rear end first.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Personally, my own opinion and no disparagement to any one else's

The modern Mustang is considered a sports car. The 6M puts the "Sport" into the Mustang.

The Automatic just makes it another passenger car, no matter how fast it may be. I have been driving manuals for over 40 years; 3 on tree, 3 on floor, 4 and 5 on floor. This will be my first 6M.

If I get bored with manual shifting (Not very often), I just jump in my F150. After a couple days, I can't wait to get back to rowing the gears.

I hope everyone enjoys their Mustang no matter the flavor!

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
A whine isn't normal but you could be looking in the wrong place. My 96 mustang with a manual transmission also had a whine but I found the rear end ring and pinion gears weren't correctly shimmed out. Because the gears didn't line up exactly they had so much whine I am surprised they got through inspection at the plant. It takes a skilled person to assemble a rear end correctly and fortunately my dealer had one who correctly repaired it. If the pitch is there in all gears and tends to go up in pitch the faster you go, you should check the rear end first.
Had the same issue in my F150 after Ford dealership replaced the pinion seal. Had to take it back twice until they had their "Rear End Expert", their words not mine, LOL!!. He reinstalled the pinion correctly, no more whine.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Personally, my own opinion and no disparagement to any one else's

The modern Mustang is considered a sports car. The 6M puts the "Sport" into the Mustang.

The Automatic just makes it another passenger car, no matter how fast it may be. I have been driving manuals for over 40 years; 3 on tree, 3 on floor, 4 and 5 on floor. This will be my first 6M.

If I get bored with manual shifting (Not very often), I just jump in my F150. After a couple days, I can't wait to get back to rowing the gears.

I hope everyone enjoys their Mustang no matter the flavor!
We have this jeep(last year for tJ) it is 6 speed love it, but really need to sell it. I don’t want to have a car payment

S650 Mustang 10 Speed Automatic feedback? IMG_0907

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I'm planning to order a '24 GT Convertible soon, with automatic transmission, but wish it could be a 6 speed, like my 2017. I don't do a lot of paddle shifting, but it seems like paddle shifting a 10 speed would be a struggle. Would appreciate some feedback on this.
If you love shifting your own gears , I would say it’s a no brainer to go for the manual. I use the paddle shifters every now and then on my 2019 ecoboost A10 but I have to admit there is little to no feedback response. It’s an electronic toggle so it feels like pressing a button to change gears. Hence why I am going for a 6 speed manual on my order. In my current car, I only use the paddle shifters for downshifting when I want to suddenly accelerate to pass another car.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you love shifting your own gears , I would say it’s a no brainer to go for the manual. I use the paddle shifters every now and then on my 2019 ecoboost A10 but I have to admit there is little to no feedback response. It’s an electronic toggle so it feels like pressing a button to change gears. Hence why I am going for a 6 speed manual on my order. In my current car, I only use the paddle shifters for downshifting when I want to suddenly accelerate to pass another car.
That’s how my jeep was set up

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The truck 10R80s are noisy AF. Our 22 F150 sounds like a damn 747 in a drive thru. My 2020 Interceptor Explorer with 10R60 is bad as well. My 18 GT was not too bad. My 22 Timberline 10R60 is quiet. The 23 Bronco 10R60 is quiet too.

Who knows....

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The truck 10R80s are noisy AF. Our 22 F150 sounds like a damn 747 in a drive thru. My 2020 Interceptor Explorer with 10R60 is bad as well. My 18 GT was not too bad. My 22 Timberline 10R60 is quiet. The 23 Bronco 10R60 is quiet too.

Who knows....
You love vehicles don‘t you? I think you should buy my jeep so I don’t have to have a car payment. 😂

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You love vehicles don‘t you? I think you should buy my jeep so I don’t have to have a car payment. 😂
Just providing info, but we sure do. Have had a few other 10 speed autos I didn't list. Have a few other Fords and two Volvos too currently. LOL

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
I love manual gearboxes.
preferablt dog boxes

i also have fairly extensive road race track door to door experience at national level.
But the 10A is incredible.

i gave 3 DUCATI Sports bikes 700m start and rounded them up in 20 Klms thru a really twisty public street/road.
the 10A is amazing.
sport mode.
paddle shifts.
magnaride
convertible.

drag mode is savage. Really fast changes.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
Prior to my GT350 I owned an 18 PP1 10 speed car......prior to that I would have NEVER considered getting an automatic Mustang....but the 10 speed in the GT is that good......its extremely intuitive and yes you can still use paddle shifters but in sport mode didnt ever feel like I really needed to ....

I will also say....once you experience drag mode in the 10 speed- any desire to have the old 6 speed will fade away quickly

(although the 6 speed auto can by built quite nicely for an all out drag car- but stock to stock Ill take the 10 speed any day of the week)
Heck, I ran a PA built C-4 in my 90 Fox Body drag car. converter with a 5200 stall, ran 9.90’s @ 135

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Getting an A10

however, I love shifting... Have a Harley, many manual vehicles in the past.

BUT, at 60 years old, 2 left knee operations (and waiting for replacement) no way could I go manual.

Now, if they could have gone REALLY OLD SCHOOL, and put in 4 speed manual shifts (like my first 65 'Stang), I probably would have gone that way. LOL

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting an A10

however, I love shifting... Have a Harley, many manual vehicles in the past.

BUT, at 60 years old, 2 left knee operations (and waiting for replacement) no way could I go manual.

Now, if they could have gone REALLY OLD SCHOOL, and put in 4 speed manual shifts (like my first 65 'Stang), I probably would have gone that way. LOL
I am a little older than you( and female) my left knee is bothering me abs right arm. We have manual ordered, but we have a manual jeep I can drive. Infact, it usually helps my knee stretching it out. Sure hoping I don’t need surgery on mine and also hope, if and when I get mine, by then my knee will be better
Sponsored