• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT

tacamo01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT/CS; 2013 Charger Daytona
I like everything but the long screen dash. Mercedes has these in all their new models. But 480 hp+ and definitely 500 hp will get me to the dealer. Not many V8's being produced after 2023! Camaro and Charger/Challenger are out!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So only the Dark Horse gets the Tremec. The regular GT and Ecoboost get the MT-82. Ouch.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63
So, what are the HP ratings?
They've been vague, 480-ish for the GT and 500-ish for the Dark Horse.

The only thing I didn’t like was the dash design. Kinda looks weird, like they got too lazy to run it all around. It looks too high for me anyway because I’m so short. Ford should of thought about us short women too :giggle: But that’s just me. I mean not like I’m buying one when it comes out, just my opinion :)
Yeah I've said already but that is the main thing I'm bothered by. Maybe you can turn the brightness down of the screens, but I have really light sensitive eyes and this new trend is a literal eyesore for me, and I want to escape all the screen time I get already when I get in a car. It's supposed to be our escape from all the computer/phone time!

If they had made the screens lower & more integrated with the dash I think we both would probably be happier. As is they are very in your face, right in your line of sight.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I find it funny the pull at 80's nostalgia with the dash theme and interior vents, but then pick the name Dark horse and not "Hi-Po" which was around in the 80's but use Hi-Po on the Ecoboost. Ford Marketing is straight retarded.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I'm liking the improvements made to the 5.0. The dual intakes is a very cool and badass feature. I like the exterior overall, a few nitpicks here and there. I do not like the dash at all. The stuck-on tablet look is terrible. The Dark Horse theme and badging is a bit cheesy. It seems like Ford is trying to imitate Dodge and their Hellcat marketing, which doesn't fit with the Mustang. Should have been a continuation of Mach 1. I expect to see a Boss down the road. I don't really think many S550 owners will upgrade. It felt to me, at least during the presentation, that Ford is trying to attract younger, "edgier" customers. I feel like some of the legacy and heritage associated with previous generations is not here so much with the 7th gen. It almost came off as trying too hard. We shall see. And for a final point, I have no idea why Ford is even considering this a new generation. It really is a refresh of S550. But it's still early. I'll wait to see and drive one in person, and for the magazine tests next year.

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue/Black Mustang GT Premium
They've been vague, 480-ish for the GT and 500-ish for the Dark Horse.

Yeah I've said already but that is the main thing I'm bothered by. Maybe you can turn the brightness down of the screens, but I have really light sensitive eyes and this new trend is a literal eyesore for me, and I want to escape all the screen time I get already when I get in a car. It's supposed to be our escape from all the computer/phone time!

If they had made the screens lower & more integrated with the dash I think we both would probably be happier. As is they are very in your face, right in your line of sight.
I just read the abominable LCD dash is shared with the Mach E. I knew it, I knew it! WAY too "Tesla" for me! They can't cram that sh!t down out throats!

samuelesm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Yep, 16 GT PP Manual, not bothered by the 24
Same here!

I really like the elegant looks of the 15-17. Line flow is really good on our's. I even like the facelift 18+ looks better than this one too.

- Front is just okay, but grille could be smaller and a little less busy
- Rear is kinda hideous to me and kinda weird to not see the black cowel.
- The front has an overall round shape and suddenly the rear is like a sharp door-stop wedge. Not a cohesive design imo
- Interior has carry over parts where it doesn't matter for heritage and replaced all the heritage design characteristics with EV-like parts.
- No more high quality toggle buttons, a lot of convenient buttons moved to the touch screen b/c of "focus groups"

+ Same engines, but slightly more power
+ Beautiful graphics, but not that important to me personally
+ Electronic hand brake
+ At least we still have a V8 + manual Mustang available
+ The racing packages seem interesting and pretty thoughtfully made
+ Dual intakes is a very welcome upgrade. Wonder why it took so long to add that

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
"... ability to rev the car’s engine remotely using the key fob."

Why, I've been lusting for such a feature since 1972.

Tpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 own none mustang and focus rs fanboy
I was really hoping they were gonna say the DH was 520 or 530 meaning the GT had a shot at 490. but now I'm fully expecting the GT to be 485.
I was really hoping they were gonna say the DH was 520 or 530 meaning the GT had a shot at 490. but now I'm fully expecting the GT to be 485.

If you really look at it though. How big is a five hp gap in the end. Could be better in my mind but toyota seems to be taking over what was amazing on ford performance anyway. (Look at gr corolla) soon the gr86 will be competing with the mustang thanks to emission control

24PONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Ecoboost Ford Mustang
This is the only actual "car" left for ford as theyve scraped the focus, fusion, taurus, and the ecosport has reached its final year. I think they wanted to make the new stang look like an everymans car so they could hang on to that part of the market. Its just too bland for me. The interior is basically a car version of the mach e. I love the s550 interior as it holds on to that true classic mustang retro look. This new interior is just what every other luxury car looks like. The outside to me is just a niptuck of the s550 which to me looks more like a bmw or benz. And the rear.... she definitely went on a diet. Those lights are horrible. I really was planning on buying one when the order banks open but now im good. I own a 22 ecoboost btw and all i use it as a everyday driver and nothing else. But im sorry it looks too luxurious and european for me. The good thing for the next gen is it will probably be the best performance mustang of all time. But thats not my ball park. To each his own i guess.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
I really dont like that octagon shaped steering wheel centre hump like a dodge challenger,

it seems so generic and un-mustang

samuelesm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
If you really look at it though. How big is a five hp gap in the end. Could be better in my mind but toyota seems to be taking over what was amazing on ford performance anyway. (Look at gr corolla) soon the gr86 will be competing with the mustang thanks to emission control
Exactly! I miss the days of Mark Fields. Too bad he got ousted b/c the investors weren't happy, but I believe he's one of the reasons we saw so many great Ford Performance cars in the middle of the 2010's: Fiesta/Focus ST, Focus RS, GT350, GT Supercar, Raptors

I'm keeping my 16 GT PP for a long time, and I'm actually putting down a deposit for a GR Corolla. Glad Akio Toyoda has brought Toyota out of appliance car maker phase. Though I guess I'm glad Ford decided to keep the V8 + manual though.
Sponsored