• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will Mustang GT have auto start/stop button?

t4nk3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 200c AWD, 16 Jetta sport, 14 FLHTK
w

While I think auto start/stop is stupid (albeit a clever way around emission regulations) there’s no reason to think the motor would experience any extra wear. It would decrease wear since it’s not running.
From what I read majority of engine wear occurs during startup.... So running around for your errands and your engine shuts off and starts 15x while waiting for lights vs that initial startup is that much more wear on the drivetrain.
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
From what I read majority of engine wear occurs during startup.... So running around for your errands and your engine shuts off and starts 15x while waiting for lights vs that initial startup is that much more wear on the drivetrain.
That would make sense on initial startup when oil is cold and viscous and not coating parts. Once it’s warm the difference between start and running is negligible

t4nk3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 200c AWD, 16 Jetta sport, 14 FLHTK
That would make sense on initial startup when oil is cold and viscous and not coating parts. Once it’s warm the difference between start and running is negligible
While negligible you agree its still a factor as well as all oil is draining back into the pan so while it's not cold and viscous it needs to be pumped through the engine again. Also there is the initial drivetrain shock of starting up vs the engine humming along. Start/stop is in place solely for emissions not for longevity especially considering the majority of people generally only keep cars for 3-5 years at most. Anyone buying the car new likely will trade it in before there are any noticeable issue.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Both of you are right. It will blow but not as cold, however if you have it set to low then it keeps the engine running.
When I’ve experienced the joys of that silly auto/stop/start (insert acronym here - and granted not a 2024 mustang), the a/c compressor does not engage while the engine is off (even though
the car is on - the car will start when the ac kicks in or you…) but the fan will continue to blow (some slow the fan speed as well).

hopefully this first set of vehicles experiences the acceptable part supply issue (does not impact the operation of the vehicle) and it is not included. Especially since we already seem to be making our donation to the ‘green credit’ folks with our gas guzzler contribution.

and yes correct - if it’s set too low (as in hasn’t reached the set point it will continue to run)

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I looked at some of the driving reviews for the GT and DH. The button is not there. (Next to the big red button) So most of us probably won't have this. Like someone said, probably just an Ecoboost thing right now.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I currently have a 2014 hybrid fusion. It starts and stops all the time and that's way more than the start and stop of an ICE only engine. 157K on it. Never had an engine issue. Pretty sure they have this figured out.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
When I ordered my GT Convertible I asked the dealer if I could delete the feature--he said no. My22 F-150 had it deleted due to production constraints. I love the fact that it isn't there. MY20 Explorer ST had it and I hated it. Could turn it off but sometimes forgot, and had the "what was that" when the engine stopped. My wifes MY23 Subaru Outback has it. My feeling--each starter has only so many starts in its life. Why constantly use it up at stop lights. My understanding is that this is a government requirement. Thank you Big Brother.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I wonder if the late availability is intentional. Let's be honest, everyone hates the feature and if the pressers had it, everyone would've spent a few minutes ranting about it.
People with early batch orders might be getting real lucky not having it equipped

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I wonder if the late availability is intentional. Let's be honest, everyone hates the feature and if the pressers had it, everyone would've spent a few minutes ranting about it.
People with early batch orders might be getting real lucky not having it equipped
Honestly, I don’t like stop/start but I really hate the blank spot on the switch panel. I would rather have to push that disable button every time I start the car than have that empty switch. On a $60k car I should not have a blank spot, Ford should have made a panel with the appropriate amount of switch’s or found an alternate use.

I realize I’m probably in the minority here 🤷🏻‍♂️

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just leave the car in Sport mode and you will never have to deal with it. Or there will be a few different ways to defeat it IF it is on the car.

Emberglo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Jesus Christ people really hate saving fuel or something. There’s literally a button that turns it off and you people are still crying

Emberglo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Maybe I’m a cheap MFer with OCD but I can’t stand when I idle and waste fuel

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Jesus Christ people really hate saving fuel or something. There’s literally a button that turns it off and you people are still crying
The problem is that you have to hit that every time you start the car. My dad's Ram 1500 has that feature, and I swear every time I go from brake to gas the whole car feels like it just lurches forward and tbh I hate driving with it. I am glad that the early GT won't have it and am planning on replacing that button panel as soon as an aftermarket one becomes available so the blank button doesn't bother me that much

Emberglo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
The problem is that you have to hit that every time you start the car. My dad's Ram 1500 has that feature, and I swear every time I go from brake to gas the whole car feels like it just lurches forward and tbh I hate driving with it. I am glad that the early GT won't have it and am planning on replacing that button panel as soon as an aftermarket one becomes available so the blank button doesn't bother me that much
I have to press a button everytime I have to turn on cruise control or raise the volume and I’m not crying about it

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I have to press a button everytime I have to turn on cruise control or raise the volume and I’m not crying about it
that is irrelevant those both are situational, now imagine having to turn on the infotainment system every time your get in the car the people that don't like it are the people that will turn it off every time
Sponsored