• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

When are you buying the 7th Gen Mustang?

When are you buying the Next Gen?

• Total voters

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
The configurator might work, but orders are not being executed.

Link to the german mustang6.de (you have to be logged in)
https://mustang6.de/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=22722&hilit=Bestellbar
For those of you who don't speak German: it says that the S550 will be discontinued at the end of the year. Orders can no longer be placed as availability is already limited. There will be no ’23 S550 – at least not in Europe – but I doubt that there will ever be a ’23 S550.

Anyhow, finally a confirmation from an official source that the S550 will be discontinued at the end of the year and therefore making room for the next gen Mustang. I know that one could interpret it differently (production of ’22 S550 runs out) but since no one in Germany talks in 22’ or 23’ model years I doubt it ;)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
@Ace have you heard that Germany is no longer getting the current S550?
A lot of people are getting this wrong. As far as I know Ford Europe is stopping new S550 orders, since they already have their order books full for 2022 and can't produce more cars then currently planned before production of EU S550 ends by end of this year. But I also already heard that dealers might still have some few unsold spots that are still available - But surely you have to act fast now if you still want an EU S550.

But Ford Europe recently announced their own California Special model, which is more of a Bullitt partsbin and convertible only, so there must be some way to order them. I guess it's a last try to get the last produced convertibles sold easier by making them a special model.

I will reach out to my sources in the upcoming days to get some more clearance of that topic

It totally fits the Q1 2023 production start of S650 rumors. But it's still a hard guess, Ford could easily just stop the european mustang in 2023 for emission fines or new homolgation regulations for 2023 that they don't want to invest in the outgoing model, etc. In the past they first cut Manual Ecoboost and then the Ecoboost at all in Europe because of not wanting to invest in new regulations for that models.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Strange, as there's been no mention of this in the UK.

Earlier this year it was announced that Ford UK could not order manual GTs as they wouldn't pass the forthcoming EU noise test (the autos were fine). Then, two weeks ago, we were informed the exhaust has been modified and manual orders can be taken again. Then they announced the California Special. At the same time, dealers said they had new limited allocations of the Mach 1, too.

That being said, trying to get clear communications from Ford UK with regards Mustang is very difficult and dealers are left in the dark. We as enthusiasts often know more than they do.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC 90 T8
It’s the same confusion over here (in Germany) with dealers left in the dark (and it’s not just the Mustang).

One of the bigger dealers told me today to get a convertible in Benelux if I really wanted one now. (He rang one colleague in Belgium and one in Luxemburg, both had not gotten any information about order limitations (yet). He presumed there might be limited country quotas (unknown to the dealers) which had been exceeded in Germany.

Regarding the just very recently advertised California Special convertible he said dealers had no idea where those should come from. They had tried to order two as dealer orders (without having actual contracts with customers yet). Those orders had been accepted by Ford first only to be voided the next morning.

Ford’s internal company communication seems to be absolutely unreliable. (With some models “my” dealer told me they get emails while already waiting for a car to be delivered, telling them to tell their customers they would get a car with different options than those they had ordered. And for some models Ford would just constantly extend the waiting/production time. For an Explorer Hybrid it would be 9 months waiting by now.)

We have decided to wait and pray the S 650 would find its way to Germany in the next 12-20 months (ideally as a V8-Hybrid).

Last edited:

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
If it's just a revised s550 platform and powertrains, the wait a year or two thing doesn't really apply. That mostly applies to vehicles with all new powertrains or other important components.
That's a matter of opinion.

Personally I am not a first year adopter.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
After seeing the front end, I think I'll pass.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Poll needs updated selections... hard pass.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
If the S650 is fully revealed by August at the earliest (or October/whenever this year's LA Auto Show comes around assuming it doesn't get cancelled), and it doesn't wow me enough, I may find myself scrambling to find or order either a 2022 Eruption Green GT (or 2023 if the color stays for another year) or White Appearance Package GT. (EDIT: Or most likely of all, I'll just keep my EcoBoost and continue learning about cars in general in preparation for a GT.)

Otherwise, same time and place for me (mid 2025).

Last edited:

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
I would buy one with the V-8 as long is it is faster than my current Shelby GT350.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would buy one with the V-8 as long is it is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than my current Shelby GT350.
My thoughts are that a slight improvement wouldn't be enough for me. But if it also costs significantly more than the original MSRP of the GT350 I owned, I might not buy. I'll buy if it's a good performance value - appearance to me is a secondary consideration.

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
New Option for me: “Waiting to see it in person first and hope that the interior looks significantly better or this generation is a hard pass.” 🙃😆

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
....not.

So far I do not like what I see.
Does not look like a poster car to me (unless it was supposed to be 'poser')
Sponsored