• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What brand of motor oil do ya’ll prefer for your Stangs?

Osage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
Wondering what type of oil I should plan on using? I’ve used Mobil 1 full synthetic on my other vehicles. Thanks.
Sponsored

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Royal Purple

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
I always run Pennzoil. No issue using the cheap stuff, I just like keeping my skeptical, worrying side of myself nice and sound.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
My shop stocks Mobil 1, so that's what I use. I've used it in all my vehicles the past 25 years.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
My current ride is the first Mustang I've owned. Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (PUP) and Pennzoil Full Synthetic oils get good reviews and comments from other Mustang owners. I've got two jugs of PUP on the bench, to be used next month.

Blackstone is most often used for engine oil analysis. https://www.blackstone-labs.com/

Some technical analysis of oil brands, grades and types: https://pqia.org/

Attachments

Last edited:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I use Motorcraft full synthetic and Valvoline extended protection full synthetic. Not sure which one will end up in the Mustang once it arrives. I've used both for years and have had good results.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
I am a full synthetic guy and have been like forever, the absolute cheapest full synthetic I can get my hands on that meets Ford spec. Usually $3 to $4 a quart.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Two related items:

1. I'll be changing the factory drain plug to one from UPR. The 3rd Gen engine holds ten quarts, coming out all at once. The UPR plug has a screw valve on the end, allowing me to control the output, with an attachment for a hose. The UPR plug is also magnetic.

2. I'll be using a Fram XG series filter. Like oil, filters are a personal preference. I use Fram items unless there's a clear difference. The XG series is designed around synthetics, filters a bit more, and the internals are of better materials (YouTube has several videos of cut-open comparisons). There are like filters from other companies that are well received and work just as great.

Last edited:

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
As a Texan I would just like to point out the proper spelling is y'all not ya'll. It's the contraction of you and all. y(ou)'all

I have not owned a mustang before but as long as the oil is synthetic and changed every 6k miles or 1 year, I have no preference. Same on my Z, I would take it to a performance shop and have them change the oil. Usually was Mobil-1 but they know more about the car and engine so whatever they recommended is what I would go with. With modern oil and engine technologies, oil is less important than ever (while still being a key factor in longevity of engine).

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
As a Texan I would just like to point out the proper spelling is y'all not ya'll. It's the contraction of you and all. y(ou)'all
you call yourself a “Texan”… but I ain’t heard 1 gottdamn YEEE outta ya!!
💀