• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you upgrading from?

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
My 2011 GT Premium. Will be staying in the garage with the DH.
Car Show Sign Pic.JPG
CIMG3512 (2).JPG
LOVE that matching engine cover! Not so big on the inner hood liner, though
Sponsored

DadBodProud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Accord Sport SE, 2016 Mazda Mx-5
To everyone who ordered/will soon be ordering the S650, what are you upgrading from? An S550? A Camaro? An old Honda Civic? Is it just holding you over until you get something better? I’m curious where everyone is coming from.
I love cars - I guess everyone on this forum does. I had 2014 GT years ago and that’s when I really fell in love with the Mustang; but it was my second car and having 2 car payments was not cool with my bank account… or my wife. Needless to say I unloaded it.

I currently have 2022 Accord I just bought a few months back - which is a fine vehicle, but doesn’t excite me. Also have a 2016 Miata…

I’m going to be giving all up for a race red convertible gt premium. Growing up with convertibles my whole life, I’d regret not putting the extra cash down to have to open air experience.

Placed my order yesterday and I’m pumped.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I love cars - I guess everyone on this forum does. I had 2014 GT years ago and that’s when I really fell in love with the Mustang; but it was my second car and having 2 car payments was not cool with my bank account… or my wife. Needless to say I unloaded it.

I currently have 2022 Accord I just bought a few months back - which is a fine vehicle, but doesn’t excite me. Also have a 2016 Miata…

I’m going to be giving all up for a race red convertible gt premium. Growing up with convertibles my whole life, I’d regret not putting the extra cash down to have to open air experience.

Placed my order yesterday and I’m pumped.
I'm getting a premium GT convertible too. I know they aren't quite as fast as their coupe counterparts but it's not that big of a difference and having owned both coupes and convertibles before I know I would regret the coupe the first time it's super nice outside and I live in the midwest where we have plenty of nice days for it. I understand it's not for everyone and it's also a $5,500 option lol

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
No disrespect intended, but I am downgrading. 2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE. I have my reasons...
I was so into the zl1 based on looks, but I modify my cars and that damn LT engine looks like a total pain in the ass to work on, at least I’m familiar with wrenching on a coyote.

I figured a base GT with a whipple, dollar for dollar will be the better move for me.

They look mean as hell though and I’ve seen them run pretty damn hard when built.

drkchai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z06
Recently traded a camaro ss 6mt and a base c8 for a r8. Getting 6mt s650 gt as my manual fun car. The camaro ss with 6mt is one of the best cars i have ever owned. The power, gearing, handling, steering and sound just work. I like it better than the base c8. I hope the s650 is as good as the Camaro in steering department with better visibility and a more exciting/high rev coyote engine. Cant wait.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I hope the s650 is as good as the Camaro in steering department with better visibility and a more exciting/high rev coyote engine. Cant wait.
Pray that things changed up a LOT since the S550 GT. Terrible steering characteristics outside of the M1/GT350/GT500

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No disrespect intended, but I am downgrading. 2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE. I have my reasons...
They are definitely mean, but because of Chevy's fuel saving cylinder delete system, and the manual gears lockout, forcing you from 1st to 4th... Yeah I don't want a Chevy rn. If I were to get a GM product, I would've saved for another year or two for a Cadillac Blackwing.

Also greetings, fellow Utahn. I hope the snow has been kind to you

DemonWorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
They are definitely mean, but because of Chevy's fuel saving cylinder delete system, and the manual gears lockout, forcing you from 1st to 4th... Yeah I don't want a Chevy rn. If I were to get a GM product, I would've saved for another year or two for a Cadillac Blackwing.

Also greetings, fellow Utahn. I hope the snow has been kind to you
Just to clear this up, The LT4 does not have the AFM enabled. The 1-4 lockout is actually nothing and I can 100% say I have never been locked out of going into 2nd. If you baby the engine and barely rev then it will come into play but it's designed to be non-intrusive and basically useless, haha.

I love the snow but this has been too much ! Every time I think I get to drive the car, sure enough, snow again !!! I think I will get to drive it next week though. Happy to see another from Utah in here !

PS< yes the Blackwing is amazing !!!

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
An S550.

2020 Mustang Ecoboost premium with the HPP.
To the 2024 Mustang GT premium with the PP.

If this is the last generation mustang, then it's only right that I go out with a V8.
Agreed! That is also my plan, Possibly the last V8

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to clear this up, The LT4 does not have the AFM enabled. The 1-4 lockout is actually nothing and I can 100% say I have never been locked out of going into 2nd. If you baby the engine and barely rev then it will come into play but it's designed to be non-intrusive and basically useless, haha.

I love the snow but this has been too much ! Every time I think I get to drive the car, sure enough, snow again !!! I think I will get to drive it next week though. Happy to see another from Utah in here !

PS< yes the Blackwing is amazing !!!
Ah, that's nice to know. If I had known AFM was disabled from the factory, I would've considered it more heavily, but I already have my Mustang order in. No turning back now! (unless my dealer pulls a fast one on me)

Isn't that just the Wasatch Front area? You always have your plans soiled by a sudden 6" of snow in the span of 4 hours. And then it's nothing but sun immediately after.

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Upgrading from a 2011 Ford Escape V6 to a loaded GT in Vapor Blue. This will be my first new car that I am buying!
Quite the upgrade thats for sure
Sponsored