• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What screen protectors are you using

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Girls nails do significant scratches over time… that’s why i decided to protect central screen
Finger nails can’t scratch glass. Glass has a hardness of 5.5 where finger nails are 2.5. If a fingernail scratches this screen then there is a film over the glass that’s softer than glass.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Finger nails can’t scratch glass. Glass has a hardness of 5.5 where finger nails are 2.5. If a fingernail scratches this screen then there is a film over the glass that’s softer than glass.
Not sure if the screen comes covered with a film or not, and i don’t mean the plastic sheet with warnings on it.

But my experience with cars touch screens is protect it… i dunno if its nails or sand particles stuck in the cloth, or whatever.

The last thing i want to look at every time I drive the car, is a nasty scratch across the screen. Would drive me crazy.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Not sure if the screen comes covered with a film or not, and i don’t mean the plastic sheet with warnings on it.

But my experience with cars touch screens is protect it… i dunno if its nails or sand particles stuck in the cloth, or whatever.

The last thing i want to look at every time I drive the car, is a nasty scratch across the screen. Would drive me crazy.
I understand. It has to be from dirt on the fingers or something harder than the glass itself. My wife complains about the finger prints but they easily wipe clean. I have tried a couple screen protectors on other things that are supposedly fingerprint proof but they still showed but not as obvious. I might get one just to please her because she’s not allowed to clean the car and definitely not clean the screen.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I'm picky. I wouldn't leave it in a $70K Dark Horse if it looked janky ... 😉

It was dark when I installed it, so pics aren't very good. What you see are shadows and reflections.

20240325_205909.jpg
20240325_205824.jpg
Installed mine today....damn air pockets.😖 All looked great till I peeled off the front cover and saw all the air bubbles and in the middle of course. Had to peel up 2 edges to get 2 little ones out, the big ones squeegeed with no problems. Like you, it'll take a while to get used to it, but at least the screen is protected....slicker too. Can imagine trying to apply one that would cover the whole screen from left to right....talk about air bubbles...😲

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed mine today....damn air pockets.😖 All looked great till I peeled off the front cover and saw all the air bubbles and in the middle of course. Had to peel up 2 edges to get 2 little ones out, the big ones squeegeed with no problems. Like you, it'll take a while to get used to it, but at least the screen is protected....slicker too. Can imagine trying to apply one that would cover the whole screen from left to right....talk about air bubbles...😲
Ironically, I had almost zero bubbles when I installed mine.

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
I purchased the screen protector from Anchor Room. I have a GT Premium with the 401a option, so my dash is one long screen. I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to attach the screen protector from Anchor Room. I'm sure the product works well and works as advertised, but beware it is a pain in the ass to put on especially in warm or hot weather. It comes as one long piece of film. What made it difficult for me was multiple things. The weather was in the upper 80's today with a slight breeze. I don't have a garage to put my car in, so the inside of the car was hot and the screen on the dash itself was quite hot. That makes for a bad recipe for trying to attach that screen protector. You are given a small bottle of slip spray to aid in attaching the screen protector along with a squeegee. The main problem is the screen protector itself is long and attaching it is quite cumbersome and awkward, especially when trying to get the edges to line up properly. I did as the instructions said, but when applying the slip spray to the back of the screen protector it would evaporate before I could get it properly attached. I even tried spraying it directly on the screen and the back of the protector. It didn't help much. Because it takes a moment or two to get the protector properly aligned and fitted on the screen the solution will have mostly evaporated. I ended up using the entire bottle of solution. It was a losing battle. The screen protector is just too long and awkward to apply when the weather is warm. If I had a garage and the inside of the car and dash was cooler the results, I'm sure, would have been different. But as it is, the screen protector and the small empty bottle of slip solution are in the garbage. $72 dollars wasted.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purchased the screen protector from Anchor Room. I have a GT Premium with the 401a option, so my dash is one long screen. I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to attach the screen protector from Anchor Room. I'm sure the product works well and works as advertised, but beware it is a pain in the ass to put on especially in warm or hot weather. It comes as one long piece of film. What made it difficult for me was multiple things. The weather was in the upper 80's today with a slight breeze. I don't have a garage to put my car in, so the inside of the car was hot and the screen on the dash itself was quite hot. That makes for a bad recipe for trying to attach that screen protector. You are given a small bottle of slip spray to aid in attaching the screen protector along with a squeegee. The main problem is the screen protector itself is long and attaching it is quite cumbersome and awkward, especially when trying to get the edges to line up properly. I did as the instructions said, but when applying the slip spray to the back of the screen protector it would evaporate before I could get it properly attached. I even tried spraying it directly on the screen and the back of the protector. It didn't help much. Because it takes a moment or two to get the protector properly aligned and fitted on the screen the solution will have mostly evaporated. I ended up using the entire bottle of solution. It was a losing battle. The screen protector is just too long and awkward to apply when the weather is warm. If I had a garage and the inside of the car and dash was cooler the results, I'm sure, would have been different. But as it is, the screen protector and the small empty bottle of slip solution are in the garbage. $72 dollars wasted.
Should have gone with the $26 Spigen like I suggested ... :rockon:
Sponsored