• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What screen protectors are you using

sknsr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 2009 Escape
Any thoughts on screen protectors? I was thinking of Anchor Rooms but don’t know how it looks in real life.

thanks
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Put this on the right side of my premium screen. I like it. Figured if I didn't like it, it was only $26.60.

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [GlasTR Slim] designed for Ford Mustang (2024) 13.2 inch Dashboard Touchscreen - Crystal Clear

https://a.co/d/bmkt6hE

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Put this on the right side of my premium screen. I like it. Figured if I didn't like it, it was only $26.60.

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [GlasTR Slim] designed for Ford Mustang (2024) 13.2 inch Dashboard Touchscreen - Crystal Clear

How does it look though with it all being one glass (driver hud and infotainment center)?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm picky. I wouldn't leave it in a $70K Dark Horse if it looked janky ... 😉

It was dark when I installed it, so pics aren't very good. What you see are shadows and reflections.

S650 Mustang What screen protectors are you using 20240325_205909
S650 Mustang What screen protectors are you using 20240325_205824

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP

Ain't Amazon wonderful.....:clap:

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
How does the Spigen stick to the screen?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does the Spigen stick to the screen?
How or how well? 🤔

I just installed it last week, so only time will tell how well it sticks. All indicators point to no issues staying put. Install was a non-issue and required very little effort. Seems very solid and responsive.

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
I ordered this one from CJ Pony Parts and it will be here on 4/2, which is earlier than my car, which may not be here till the end of April. I'll just add it to the ever-growing mountain of crap I bought for it in my garage.

S650 Mustang What screen protectors are you using Screenshot_20240331_101823_Chrome

GT-24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized Grey,401A,Active Exhaust, Brembo,Auto
Any thoughts on screen protectors? I was thinking of Anchor Rooms but don’t know how it looks in real life.

thanks
I just added the Anchor Rooms, just know it does not fit exactly from top to bottom and end to end. I measure about 1/8 an average gap of exposed screen. Make sure you have a second pair of hands to help hold material in place while you’re attempt to install. I’m not paying another $55 for some one else’s product nor would I recommend this product either.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV

thanks
Did you check to see if you already have a screen protector on there? Ours has one from the factory. Someone else on here posted a pic of a crack in the lower left and theirs also has one. I’m willing to bet all of them have a screen protector on them. It would be strange that some came with and some without screen protectors.

S650 Mustang What screen protectors are you using IMG_6148

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you check to see if you already have a screen protector on there? Ours has one from the factory. Someone else on here posted a pic of a crack in the lower left and theirs also has one. I’m willing to bet all of them have a screen protector on them. It would be strange that some came with and some without screen protectors.

IMG_6148.jpeg
Not a single person has posted a pic of this supposed "extra screen protector" being removed. As such, I don't think it's a thing. Mine didn't have one, but when I picked it up, it was already prepped. It only had the original protector with the writing on it.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Not a single person has posted a pic of this supposed "extra screen protector" being removed. As such, I don't think it's a thing. Mine didn't have one, but when I picked it up, it was already prepped. It only had the original protector with the writing on it.
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/broken-screen.160673/
First post second pic👌. Clear pic just like mine showing the screen protector
If it’s not a screen protector what is covering the screen. I can clearly catch mine with a finger nail.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Could be part of the trim. Pull it off and show it's a big screen protector. Bet you can't.
So trim goes inside the edge of the glass lcd screen??? That’s a new one on me. I’ve never seen that before. Care to explain why trim would go on the inside of the lcd screen instead of the outside edge? And what purpose what that serve? Protective trim of the entire screen??? Could it be a double layer glass screen?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So trim goes inside the edge of the glass lcd screen??? That’s a new one on me. I’ve never seen that before. Care to explain why trim would go on the inside of the lcd screen instead of the outside edge? And what purpose what that serve? Protective trim of the entire screen??? Could it be a double layer glass screen?
No, I meant the outer trim extends inward just a smidge to make it look like it's the edge of a screen protector.

If it's a protective film, you should be able to remove it. If you can't remove it, it's not a screen protector.
Sponsored