• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What screen protectors are you using

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Numerous people claimed it was a "screen protector". Screen protectors are removable and replaceable. So, no, you don't break a screen simply by removing a removable screen protector. Hence, my challenge.

Mine is a perfectly normal glass screen. It is not scratched. Nothing was "missed". It is perfectly fine, just like a new tablet or similar glass screen. I dded an aftermarket screen protector to my glass screen.

Not sure why some view this as long division or something.
The visible edge is clearly something is there. Could well be an edge protector instead of a screen protector. Maybe show the corner of your main screen where you haven't covered it over yet ?

You might not break anything by removing it, but will it be the same afterwards ? who knows is it worth the risk because someone on an internet forum 'challenged' you to do it ...

If it's a laminate film (for anti shatter purposes in an accident) it's probably glued on to stay together whilst most screen protectors use surface tension + water etc.
Although some recent phone screen's i've had use a uv cured adhesive.

I'll be fitting a protector to mine when it finally arrives, kinda sucks to see 90's bezels on the screens. (main one in particular)
Sponsored

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I think you are right about the factory protector. Two reasons: 1) I can see and feel that edge on mine as well and 2) I had scratched my screen within 3 weeks, permanent "finger prints" on the home button and back button. Glass does not scratch with a finger, even here in the desert where there is always sand dust in the air and on everything. I have never scratched an iPhone or iPad with my finger. But, like another poster mentioned, no one has ever talked about taking the factory protector off.

I had a window tint guy near me install mine, he wanted $20 and it was worth it not to have bubbles. He told me that he does Rolls Royce screens for the local dealer because an earlier model didn't have them, the glass shattered in an accident and put out the driver's eye. Now RR puts them on all their screens.

I got the Anchor Room part, the non-matte version. It looks fine, a bit of an orange peel look, but you can't feel it, must be on the inside. However, this part scratches too. I'm using very high quality microfiber clothes to wipe it, still see the scratches when the top is down and the sun shines off it. It hides the permanent finger prints well though. And, once it's all scratched up, I'll put on a new one.
Thereā€™s definitely something on the lcd screen. Iā€™m not sure what itā€™s made of but itā€™s not the lcd screen itself. You are correct that glass is difficult to scratch with a finger or cloth. Im leaning towards some shatter proof protection that is required for crashes. Iā€™m curious if other manufacturers that use lcd screens have this on them as well. Our Honda doesnā€™t have glass as the screen so thereā€™s nothing over them.

swsmith1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Mustang
Put this on the right side of my premium screen. I like it. Figured if I didn't like it, it was only $26.60.

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [GlasTR Slim] designed for Ford Mustang (2024) 13.2 inch Dashboard Touchscreen - Crystal Clear

https://a.co/d/bmkt6hE
Thanks @roadpilot - and thank you for the pictures as well. How do you think this protector would do on a sunny day with top down in a convertible? Do you get a lot of sun glare on yours?

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I agree with roadpilot, there is nothing extra for protection on these screens. They look and feel like all the other bigger screens they put in F-150's, Superduties, Expedition's.

I put the anchor room matte version on. Hides finger prints and zero glare. I've got a coupe with 20% tint, so that's probably a big factor as well.
S650 Mustang What screen protectors are you using 20240425_092419

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I went with the Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector. This one just covers the center touch screen. I didn't see much point in covering the entire set of screens when you only touch the one side. Pretty happy with it but I got a couple big air bubbles which are barely noticeable if you aren't looking for them but of course I see them every time I look naturally.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CS4Q96S1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Hard to get a good shot of it installed but this at least shows where the coverage is.

S650 Mustang What screen protectors are you using 1000012790

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
My spigen screen protector is great, i love it. Covers the full screen, canā€™t notice edges.

I donā€™t see the need to protect the gauge screen, itā€™s not a touch screen, stays clean natively.

I chose to go with the gloss finish, cause the Matte looks bad and ruins the interior fancy look in my opinion.

S650 Mustang What screen protectors are you using image1

S650 Mustang What screen protectors are you using image2

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Thanks @roadpilot - and thank you for the pictures as well. How do you think this protector would do on a sunny day with top down in a convertible? Do you get a lot of sun glare on yours?
My windows are tinted (50% front, 35% sides, and 5% rears and back) AND I have a coupe, not a convertible, so ... :frown:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
why do you need a screen protector???? It's not like you can drop the giant tablets!
Not all scratches come from dropping something onto something else. You can scratch it by bringing something else TO the screen, such as a ring on a finger, a dirty finger with dirt/mud on it, or a stylus.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector. This one just covers the center touch screen. I didn't see much point in covering the entire set of screens when you only touch the one side. Pretty happy with it but I got a couple big air bubbles which are barely noticeable if you aren't looking for them but of course I see them every time I look naturally.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CS4Q96S1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Yup. I actually had to point it out to my wife, or she would not have even noticed it.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Not all scratches come from dropping something onto something else. You can scratch it by bringing something else TO the screen, such as a ring on a finger, a dirty finger with dirt/mud on it, or a stylus.
Girls nails do significant scratches over timeā€¦ thatā€™s why i decided to protect central screen