• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What screen protectors are you using

Stealth19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
yea that's from mine, I tried to dig my nails under it and pull it off but seems that its part of the screen i have a screen protector ordered from "ocd" not sure what is on the screen now
Ok, thanks for sharing the info. Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m not up to date on the technological side of todayā€™s electronics. Could this be some type of resin that is infused over the screen? Itā€™s obviously not glass as it should have cracked when yours did all the way through. Iā€™ve seen a few lcd screen tvā€™s and computer screen break and crack and theyā€™ve always been on the surface. Never underneath like your other post mentioned. Iā€™m also wondering if itā€™s some type of automotive glass/lcd thatā€™s like the windshield? But, why would the layers not be all the way to the edge.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
No, I meant the outer trim extends inward just a smidge to make it look like it's the edge of a screen protector.

If it's a protective film, you should be able to remove it. If you can't remove it, it's not a screen protector.
Oh, I understand what you mean. Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s a form of extra pressed on glass, polycarbonate, or resin for safety compliance. In an accident it should keep the screen from blowing out into the compartment. I donā€™t know if lcd screens are built like windshields where they arenā€™t supposed to shatter and blow out.

Last edited:

Rob162

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU, 2023 HD Roadglide Limited
I used the protector below. Available in continuous or split screen. Matt to cut down glare/reflection. Doesn't show fingerprints like an unprotected screen. Applied with soapy water solution so you can move it around to get it in the correct position. Very easy install with no issues.

https://bit.ly/49lJvVy

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
Did you check to see if you already have a screen protector on there? Ours has one from the factory. Someone else on here posted a pic of a crack in the lower left and theirs also has one. Iā€™m willing to bet all of them have a screen protector on them. It would be strange that some came with and some without screen protectors.

IMG_6148.jpeg
I think you are right about the factory protector. Two reasons: 1) I can see and feel that edge on mine as well and 2) I had scratched my screen within 3 weeks, permanent "finger prints" on the home button and back button. Glass does not scratch with a finger, even here in the desert where there is always sand dust in the air and on everything. I have never scratched an iPhone or iPad with my finger. But, like another poster mentioned, no one has ever talked about taking the factory protector off.

I had a window tint guy near me install mine, he wanted $20 and it was worth it not to have bubbles. He told me that he does Rolls Royce screens for the local dealer because an earlier model didn't have them, the glass shattered in an accident and put out the driver's eye. Now RR puts them on all their screens.

I got the Anchor Room part, the non-matte version. It looks fine, a bit of an orange peel look, but you can't feel it, must be on the inside. However, this part scratches too. I'm using very high quality microfiber clothes to wipe it, still see the scratches when the top is down and the sun shines off it. It hides the permanent finger prints well though. And, once it's all scratched up, I'll put on a new one.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I think you are right about the factory protector.
If there was a factory "screen protector", you'd be able to remove it. It's not there. The only screen protector they put on is the one with the 'warning/words' on it that they remove during vehicle prep.

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If there was a factory "screen protector", you'd be able to remove it. It's not there. The only screen protector they put on is the one with the 'warning/words' on it that they remove during vehicle prep.
Like Vapor Blue GT said, it must be a layer of something other than glass. Glass does not scratch like that. And there is a layer there, that is obvious.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like Vapor Blue GT said, it must be a layer of something other than glass. Glass does not scratch like that. And there is a layer there, that is obvious.
It is not "obvious" in my DH. Mine feels exactly like ... tempered glass.

What would be the point of a factory screen protector that you needed to put a screen protector on to protect it? Are all these companies selling are screen protector protectors?

Last edited:

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is not "obvious" in my DH. Mine feels exactly like ... tempered glass.

What would be the point of a factory screen protector that you needed to put a screen protector on to protect it? Are all these companies selling are screen protector protectors?
The factory covers the glass with a film that keeps it from shattering. When was the last time you scratched tempered glass with a finger or a microfiber cloth?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The factory covers the glass with a film that keeps it from shattering. When was the last time you scratched tempered glass with a finger or a microfiber cloth?
If they've covered it with a "film", then you'd be able to remove the "film".

I've challenged several people to show me them removing this "film", yet oddly, none of them have done this. Care to take the challenge?

The only film I've seen is the removeable film used during shipping (with the words on it). Are you saying they put a screen protector protector on the screen protector?

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they've covered it with a "film", then you'd be able to remove the "film". I've challenged several people to show me them removing this "film", yet oddly, none of them have done this. Care to take the challenge?
No F-ing way! That coating is there to stay. And, it scratches. So, I will use a screen protector from now on. Just can't do the one side like you did. I need the whole screen protected.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No F-ing way! That coating is there to stay. And, it scratches. So, I will use a screen protector from now on. Just can't do the one side like you did. I need the whole screen protected.
So now it's gone from a factori screen protector (with "clearly" visible edges) to a "coating"? LOL

I honestly don't think there's a damn thing there.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
If they've covered it with a "film", then you'd be able to remove the "film".

I've challenged several people to show me them removing this "film", yet oddly, none of them have done this. Care to take the challenge?

The only film I've seen is the removeable film used during shipping (with the words on it). Are you saying they put a screen protector protector on the screen protector?
A factory laminate layer is entirely plausible for safety, and so is a demo / shipping film on top of it, if it has words on it it's clearly intended to be removed.

Challenging someone to removing it is like saying i hear you have run flat tyres, care to put a nail in it to test them.
Early samsung Z phones had a similar looking thing on the interior screen, people started removing them and ended up breaking the screen hours later.

They may have started fitting the films after a certain production date of vise versa stopped fitting them after complaints.
We know what FRAP's quality is like yours might of been missed. Certainly looked like something on one of the pics.

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLURD
A factory laminate layer is entirely plausible for safety, and so is a demo / shipping film on top of it, if it has words on it it's clearly intended to be removed.

Challenging someone to removing it is like saying i hear you have run flat tyres, care to put a nail in it to test them.
Early samsung Z phones had a similar looking thing on the interior screen, people started removing them and ended up breaking the screen hours later.

They may have started fitting the films after a certain production date of vise versa stopped fitting them after complaints.
We know what FRAP's quality is like yours might of been missed. Certainly looked like something on one of the pics.
I was going to reference this exact same scenario (Samsung foldable phones). Iā€™m not a hardware engineer, but working in the technology industry I have seen several devices that have an extra ā€œfilmā€ layer applied to the screen. I wouldnā€™t call it a screen protector as others have, nor would I advise trying to lift it either with your fingernail or some other tool.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Numerous people claimed it was a "screen protector". Screen protectors are removable and replaceable. So, no, you don't break a screen simply by removing a removable screen protector. Hence, my challenge.

Mine is a perfectly normal glass screen. It is not scratched. Nothing was "missed". It is perfectly fine, just like a new tablet or similar glass screen. I dded an aftermarket screen protector to my glass screen.

Not sure why some view this as long division or something.
Sponsored