• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Styling? Whats happening?

• Thread starter Deleted member 58706
  • Start date
  • Watchers 17

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Is anyone else disturbed by the direction Mustang styling is headed. Honestly,in a profile picture, if the average person was not told it was a Mustang that they were looking at I don't think they would believe you. All that's left on the exterior basically is three light tail lights and a grille shaped similarly to the original. I don't care how big or powerful the engine is, if it doesn't look good " I ain't buyin' "
As it is today I have people ask me what my car is because there are 0 Ford logos or Pony's on it. People already don't know its a mustang unless you tell them. Somone thought it was an Aston Martin.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
It's funny how the critics argue it's looking nothing a Mustang anymore OR it looks identical to the S550 šŸ˜…
It really is hilarious.
You know, fair point on the lighting. I'd say the exact same thing if these cars were swapped and the glare was on the s650.

The S650's surfacing just looks more resolved. Sharper, more nuances in the surface changes. And I've seen the S650 GT's front end in person and felt the same way with how sharp everything is. Think this photo just really puts that in perspective. To me at least, there's more visual punch inside the same sized canvas.
Agreed, the best way I could describe it is the surfacing, especially on the side, just seems more fluid and dynamic. Haven't seen it in person, but it seems like the s650 body side is very muscular. The s550 uses hard lines on the side, whereas the s650 focuses more in strong surfacing.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
You know, fair point on the lighting. I'd say the exact same thing if these cars were swapped and the glare was on the s650.

The S650's surfacing just looks more resolved. Sharper, more nuances in the surface changes. And I've seen the S650 GT's front end in person and felt the same way with how sharp everything is. Think this photo just really puts that in perspective. To me at least, there's more visual punch inside the same sized canvas.
I get it, but it's amazing how people see things so differently. The 650 front to me seems 'less' resolved and hastily put together. The sharper part of the 650 front is correct but I prefer more subtle and softer curves like the 550.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
As it is today I have people ask me what my car is because there are 0 Ford logos or Pony's on it. People already don't know its a mustang unless you tell them. Somone thought it was an Aston Martin.
I can still recall when the new tarus came out back in 2010/11. Admittedly, the one next to us looked quite cool, with a blacked out appearance. But the girl next to me on the bus literally said, I think that's a Maserati. I facepalmed thru my skull.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Yea, sometimes it is so funny it hurts when someone sees like a, say, a Chrysler 300 and calls it a Rolls Royce or Bentley. I mean, when it first came out, the mags called it a poor man's Bentley, but seriously. Come on

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Nothing against Hyundai.

I've worked for a Ford Studio, in a Lotus studio and in the U.K. SAIC studio, so I've rubbed shoulders with designers and I've worked in the studio environment.

I will say for me the 7G is a significant break from the visual design language and lineage of all previous Mustangs that have gone before, both inside and out. Is that the right thing to do with 7G? Is that the wrong thing to do with 7G? I have my opinion.
Outside of how they handled the surfacing, what makes you say that?

ā€¢ fastback RWD proportions
ā€¢ 3-element DRLs and tri-bar taillights
ā€¢ domed hood

What makes it more or less Mustang than a Fox? SN95? New Edge? S550?

Itā€™s less derivative and more forward thinking

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F250 Super Duty SOLD
Stop complaining people, youā€™re getting a V8 and a manual trans available till at least 2026. Sure the dash is trash and the back end leaves quite a bit to be desired but as a Dodge Challenger 392 driver I only wish we had the V8 continuing like you folks do.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I must be the only person that likes it
I donā€™t mind the screens, I just donā€™t really care for the overall design of the interior and how they were implemented, but Iā€™ll reserve judgement until I can sit in one myself.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
This has been discussed to deathā€¦

DO NOT get tied up in styling because it only really reflects the design technology of the time.

The Mustang will continue to drop the front bumper and may eventually get rid of a visible bumper cover.

IF Ford does not directly copy the 1966-1970 era styling for the future, then current design trends suggest we will continue to see the same changes.

A very low or non-existent front bumper, the hood line continues to drop, a very large grill opening that can be easily closed off for EVā€™s and thinner headlights.

Until Ford goes back to the 60ā€™s with the design (See: New Dodge Charger), we will continue to see these changes implemented to keep up with safety and design. As long as a V8 is offered, slimming the front end down to look like a Corvette gets difficult unless you move the front seats towards the rear axle.

S650 Mustang Styling? Whats happening? FC7C7F0A-A0C6-4009-9F03-05927ED7AD76