• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Styling? Whats happening?

• Thread starter Deleted member 58706
  • Start date
  • Watchers 17

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
People said the same thing with the s550 when it first came out. I now believe everyone says the same darn thing every generation about everything. Music isn’t the same it’s crap now. *shakes fist at the kids*
Because most people live sad little lives and can barely afford the cars they have. So, naturally, they feel threatened by the idea that something new is coming out that is better than what they have.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I’ll shake my fist til I die at these mumble rappers. It may be a generational thing, but don’t forget, they also ate tide pods.
People said the same thing with the s550 when it first came out. I now believe everyone says the same darn thing every generation about everything. Music isn’t the same it’s crap now. *shakes fist at the kids*

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Is anyone else disturbed by the direction Mustang styling is headed. Honestly,in a profile picture, if the average person was not told it was a Mustang that they were looking at I don't think they would believe you. All that's left on the exterior basically is three light tail lights and a grille shaped similarly to the original. I don't care how big or powerful the engine is, if it doesn't look good " I ain't buyin' "
Ford:Makes a good looking car
People stuck in the past: But it doesn't look like the mustangs from the past!
Ford:Makes retro inspired designs
These same people: Ford is so stuck in the past and unoriginal!
I can’t imagine so if the DH is getting better stoppers with larger more aggressive rubber

Between you and me the GT wins the looks department but that’s subjective 💁🏻‍♂️
Oh for sure. The gt has a great looking front end. The DH is a little too much imo. The Ecoboost is clean, but a little soft. The gt strikes a good balance of agression and understated design.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 02 150, 06 250
Wow the S650 looks so much better here… and I’m saying this about the DH of all things
looks more aggresive for sure. granted, not a big fan of the base/GT front end on the current. it's good, but not great. (Mach 1, which I have, is diff of course). But, I still get the charger front end feel from the S650, especially the DH, and the camaro from the side profile.

much of this picture though is the angle and lighting. look at the S550 and how all the lines are gone due to the glare, but the S650 more at an angle and in shadow shows the slope of the hood better, which are fairly close between the two in reality.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
looks more aggresive for sure. granted, not a big fan of the base/GT front end on the current. it's good, but not great. (Mach 1, which I have, is diff of course). But, I still get the charger front end feel from the S650, especially the DH, and the camaro from the side profile.

much of this picture though is the angle and lighting. look at the S550 and how all the lines are gone due to the glare, but the S650 more at an angle and in shadow shows the slope of the hood better, which are fairly close between the two in reality.
You know, fair point on the lighting. I'd say the exact same thing if these cars were swapped and the glare was on the s650.

The S650's surfacing just looks more resolved. Sharper, more nuances in the surface changes. And I've seen the S650 GT's front end in person and felt the same way with how sharp everything is. Think this photo just really puts that in perspective. To me at least, there's more visual punch inside the same sized canvas.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I am old enough to remember when the Ferrari Boxer was being replaced and I saw a photo of the new Testarossa replacement. What were they thinking with those cheese cutter intakes on the sides. Man it was UGLY. THEN I SAW MY FIRST ONE ON THE STREET AND WHOLY F…. WHAT A JAW DROPPER! My point is photos don’t tell the whole story. Keep your pants on and wait till you see one. If you still don’t like it that’s fine but at least you will have actually experienced it rather than just seeing photos. Just my 2 cents worth.
Sponsored