• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stangmode 1/4 mile run

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Only thing I can think of ... I had a 20 f250 powerstroke with the A10 and Ford used to limit the power in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear to be easier on the drive train.. you didn't get full power until 4th gear.. would hate to think they did the same here..
Oh, noooooo are we heading in the torque management direction[?]
Sponsored

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Oh, noooooo are we heading in the torque management direction[?]

I sure hope not - but grasping at straws here as to why its this slow on a drag radial

I mean when you look at where this car is making power compared to the S550- and then knowing how good the A10 is at keeping the power in the exact spot where the 4th gen Coyote has an advantage over the 3rd gen - something seems off -

3rd gen S550s were putting the times down with no miles as well - I mean breaking in the motor isnt going to net you 4 tenths

New car- all the dynos are being done in higher gears- only conclusion I can think of is either this guy sucks at driving or wondering if there is something going on in lower gears....but again reaching at straws here

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I sure hope not - but grasping at straws here as to why its this slow on a drag radial

I mean when you look at where this car is making power compared to the S550- and then knowing how good the A10 is at keeping the power in the exact spot where the 4th gen Coyote has an advantage over the 3rd gen - something seems off -

3rd gen S550s were putting the times down with no miles as well - I mean breaking in the motor isnt going to net you 4 tenths

New car- all the dynos are being done in higher gears- only conclusion I can think of is either this guy sucks at driving or wondering if there is something going on in lower gears....but again reaching at straws here
Could be a bad day. If we start to see a trend then maybe time to start to worry?

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10

The S650 gained weight, it lost torque, and allegedly gained a small amount of horsepower. The dynos and professional testing and now owners in the wild have discovered it isn't performing much better (if better at all) than the S550.

The A10 dynos have all been done in higher gears due to the limiter since 2018. S550 cars ran low 12s-high 11s with less than 100 miles on the clock.

Ford did this in 2015. The new Mustang was slower than the 2011-2014 S197 until the 2018 refresh. If you are concerned about the performance wait until a mid-cycle refresh.

5.0S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
To compare with what he did in a 18 he did run that at atco (lower elevation track which is now closed) and in 45 degree weather or another way to say -1300 da. While this isn't faster than the 18-21 I'd bet it's probably close to the same in the same kind of da which this wasn't. It's got more power but some more weight just like the mach 1 and just like the mach 1 didn't do any better than the 18-21 gt.

Now the question is what happens if you take out the carbon traps which were the reason for the dual intake. On the 22-23 cars it bumpped the power back up to 18-21 lvls. As long as the 24 computer doesn't freak out over there removal as it didn't on the 22-23 could be a power bump that actually makes them a little faster than the 18-21. But who knows until someone that is willing to track it after doing that.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I wouldn't worry too much about this unless you ordered an automatic. The manual transmission cars have already outran S550 manual cars. Motortrend got the 2024 to outrun a manual Mach 1 and 2018 GT by a 1/10 in the quarter mile ( 12.5 seconds vs 12.6 seconds ) which is about what I would expect given the small power increase and small increase in weight. The 2024 had a faster trap speed too compared to both of those cars. 2024 trapped at 114.7 mph. Mach 1 trapped at 113.1 mph and 2018 GT trapped at 113.5 so the 2024 is faster than a S550 at least if you got a manual. Car & Driver also ran 12.5 @ 114 in a manual so the numbers look legit on the manual side of things. I think this proves it isn't the engine. If S650 automatic cars are slower than S550 automatic cars it has something to do with the transmission most likely.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
The best part of all of this is… it’s ON!

stangmodes 1st 1/4 pass is not the end all be all.
I suspect 2024s only get quicker from here.

Mikhail24DH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
My darkhorse arrives next week, I’ve been saving like crazy ever since I sold my 2017 GT and to know that im paying over double what I paid for my brand new 17 GT and the performance is still in the same calibre after 7 years is pretty disappointing from Ford. I’m no professional track driver or even use the drag strip but I’d like to know if I’m spending $90,000 CAD that I’m getting a high performance car that’s better than the previous generation. Disappointed in Ford.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
So over in the s550 forum I just learned that... if true... for the 22 and 22 GTs they started doing torque management so if you tried to brake torque it would reduce power to reduce stress on the drive train so they were not running the same times as the 18 to 21 A10 cars ...

I guess someone went into the programming and figured it out... so would explain why he is only getting 2.0 60 foot times on drag radials

Guy over there is claiming same thing... until they tuned it out of the car their 60 foots sucked also ...

Of course since you are not supposed to be able to tune the 24 ....

As I mentioned earlier... Ford wouldn't let my F250 make full power until 4th gear brake torque or not

I think we are paying the price for all the people who hurt their cars... then put them back to stock to try to get covered under warranty ...

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I'm just getting the car to get a gt500 lol. I could care less what the times are. I don't drag much or go to the track. I just do rolling races if I catch someone interested in having fun. I'm sure ford will fix whatever issue is going on. But this is the growing pains with new cars.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Late August is probably not the best time for a hero run. Im sure the times will drop in October with the temps.
Sponsored