• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
12.4 on p-zero Pirellis on a drag strip on the Dark Horse seems pretty good to me for being a track car.
Esp with the weight.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Not really apples to apples since he modified the GT slightly. I would have like to have seen the GT in pure stock form. Tires and weight reduction will make a huge difference. Then again what do we expect from Stangmode? Just another goofy video trying to push the sale of merchandise with a large amount of cringe thrown in for free.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150

This is a much better comparison even though the GT here doesn't have AVE. This is pretty much what I expected between GT and DH. Apologies if this has been posted before.

ElektroSmokes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT, 2016 Ecoboost, 2021 GT
114 mph. Ouch. Maple Grove for the last couple weekends has stayed at under 1000 feet DA all the way up into the evening. Sometimes sub 500ft during the hours open for test and tune.

Imagine paying all of that money for 114 mph traps... That hurts. :frown:

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
114 mph. Ouch. Maple Grove for the last couple weekends has stayed at under 1000 feet DA all the way up into the evening. Sometimes sub 500ft during the hours open for test and tune.

Imagine paying all of that money for 114 mph traps... That hurts. :frown:
Lol most people don't care about traps as most just want the car to enjoy 😂. 80% of these cars will never see a drag strip

ElektroSmokes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol most people don't care about traps as most just want the car to enjoy 😂. 80% of these cars will never see a drag strip
That's great and all, but it's not so cool that a lot of the stock gen 3 cars would be trapping almost 5 mph higher in the same conditions.

If I'm paying that much, I want an UPGRADE in every metric, not a downgrade.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's great and all, but it's not so cool that a lot of the stock gen 3 cars would be trapping almost 5 mph higher in the same conditions.

If I'm paying that much, I want an UPGRADE in every metric, not a downgrade.
I can show alot of 3 gen that didn't do that. Alot of the 3 gen greatest was after the they switched stuff up. And every day and car is different and track. Some 4 gens have done well some haven't. Just like the 3 gen came on slow, It's way too early to say anything yet about the 4 gen.

Basically by the time th gt500 comes out. That well be the best time to evaluate. That's all I'm saying.

ElektroSmokes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can show alot of 3 gen that didn't do that. Alot of the 3 gen greatest was after the they switched stuff up. And every day and car is different and track. Some 4 gens have done well some haven't. Just like the 3 gen came on slow, It's way too early to say anything yet about the 4 gen.

Basically by the time th gt500 comes out. That well be the best time to evaluate. That's all I'm saying.
You can show me a lot that didn't do that at random higher DAs, sure.

Sorry, but for those conditions, 114 out of a 10 speed car with "500 horsepower" is SLOW.

The gen 3 cars didn't come on slow. They came out swinging, and punching way above their weight. I don't know where you pulled that info from. lol

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can show me a lot that didn't do that at random higher DAs, sure.

Sorry, but for those conditions, 114 out of a 10 speed car with "500 horsepower" is SLOW.

The gen 3 cars didn't come on slow. They came out swinging, and punching way above their weight. I don't know where you pulled that info from. lol
Lol there were issues and the same inconsistent times as the gen 4. The benefit I will give you of the 3 gen was that the EPA didn't nerf it starting off. But the times for 3 gen and 4 gen are the same. Mach 1 traps were between 112-116 on average. You basing drag times for a track car 😂😂 that stangmode had the handling pack on... which don't help at all. More weight. Less torque more HP.

ElektroSmokes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol there were issues and the same inconsistent times as the gen 4. The benefit I will give you of the 3 gen was that the EPA didn't nerf it starting off. But the times for 3 gen and 4 gen are the same. Mach 1 traps were between 112-116 on average. You basing drag times for a track car 😂😂 that stangmode had the handling pack on... which don't help at all. More weight. Less torque more HP.
You're having trouble comprehending what I'm saying. In ~500 foot DA, the verified conditions that DH in the video was running, you're telling me that a 10 speed "Mach 1" will trap between 112 and 116?

Lol. Lmao.
Sponsored