• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Realistically though, isn’t it that all tablet computers kind of look the same except for size or shape? I mean, once a manufacturer decides to join the trend and place a tablet on the dash, in a way, all cars become somewhat diluted in identity and more homogeneous looking.
Agreed, that happens quite a bit with automotive design. Thinking late '70's square body land barges. But therein lies the issue with this dash. The interior design engineer went on and on about new and fresh and exciting in the Mustang.

How can it be those things if it is from a non US car (A rebadged Chinese market Mondeo in fact) that is none of those things?

Reguardless, we get to live with them for the foreseeable future. Let's hope the aftermarket comes up with some kind of brow or cowl to run up from the dash and across the top of the displays to help improve the overall look of them.
Sponsored

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I think the issue is integration into the dash as well... I'm definitely not anti tablet... I dig the fox body graphics... as a 48 year old guy that grew up on fox bodies and currently own a GT350R... I feel like I am the target market...

If they would have integrated into the dash more with a hood...or something... not made it feel like another generic dash that looks like countless other vehicles...

I want my Mustang to feel unique... special... the exterior is growing on me... I actually loved the back first time I saw it... front has taken me time

I have seen the Dark Horse in person along with a convertible GT in person...

I personally think if they kept the screens but integrated... I would be happy...

Ps.. the car looks better in person in my opinion... I too though Camaro when I saw the pictures but seeing in person completely changed my mind....

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I think the issue is integration into the dash as well... I'm definitely not anti tablet... I dig the fox body graphics... as a 48 year old guy that grew up on fox bodies and currently own a GT350R... I feel like I am the target market...

If they would have integrated into the dash more with a hood...or something... not made it feel like another generic dash that looks like countless other vehicles...

I want my Mustang to feel unique... special... the exterior is growing on me... I actually loved the back first time I saw it... front has taken me time

I have seen the Dark Horse in person along with a convertible GT in person...

I personally think if they kept the screens but integrated... I would be happy...

Ps.. the car looks better in person in my opinion... I too though Camaro when I saw the pictures but seeing in person completely changed my mind....
Not being fully integrated into the dash pad would seem to make replacement easier? Instead of a big table blank spot is there a (pass through style) hole with wire /connection poking through a fully formed dash or is the dash formed around the screen?

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Not being fully integrated into the dash pad would seem to make replacement easier? Instead of a big table blank spot is there a (pass through style) hole with wire /connection poking through a fully formed dash or is the dash formed around the screen?
I would say dash formed around the screen...i think Porsche nailed it...somethinglike this would be perfect...
porsche-911-steering-wheel-105778.jpg

2018-porsche-panamera_100593541_h.jpg

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I would say dash formed around the screen...i think Porsche nailed it...somethinglike this would be perfect...

That’s how it should be done. Perfectly integrated design retaining the character of the Porsche dash.

Last edited:

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
That’s how it should be done. Perfectly integrated design retaining the character of the Porsche dash.
And in the Mustang it would still give it that Cowl look that Mustangs should have, even if it was just on the driver's side.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special

Except, if you have ever been behind the wheel of the newest 911, the two outer gauges are blocked by the steering wheel. There is always something. ;)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Except, if you have ever been behind the wheel of the newest 911, the two outer gauges are blocked by the steering wheel. There is always something. ;)
That’s a problem I’d love to have.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
so the side windows are different and not carry overs? hmm

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The bedtime was lowered so they needed larger glass
For some reason I imagine a newly installed larger floor-to-ceiling window so mommy and daddy can watch the little one, as bedtime has been lowered and it’s now nighty night time. Sorry couldn’t resist.

zee_g7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
First minute says all you need to know. They gathered 30 millennials for input...a group that can't even afford this car nor want it.
FYI, older millennials are in their 40s. Generally they're in their 30s. It's a stretch to say they can't "afford it".

I am not a millennial and I love the interior, as do many others.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
I agree with that statement. I am on the tail end of the Boomers. And though most Boomers can easily afford a $70k+ car, as a group we only have maybe a couple more product cycles before we are out of the marketplace.

So yeah, go ahead and get the later generations opinions but Ford shouldn't make as Josh Grenier said "Clearcut decision to step away from heritage" (19:27), and he is "Proud of Ford for making the decision to walking away from Heritage" (19:37).

The reason he even has a job working on the Mustang is because of that very heritage he enthusatically discarded.

But, hey! At least we didn't wind up with a Ford bodied front wheel drive Mazda like they were going to do in the late '80's.!
Yes, I think the Savage Geese interviews with the Ford guys were particularly telling, as was their entire review. At least the Ford folks had the huevos to actually come out and say that which is evident from a glance at the S650: we boomers are no longer part of the Mustang target market. At all!

Reinforces my decision to grab two 2023 Mach 1s in the last coupla months.

Now, if they were to bust out with a Dark Hoss “Heritage Edition“ then maybe I could be tempted. But naaah, thinking about the $25-30K ADM it would carry puts me right off.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Ford moving away from the boomers makes perfect sense imo, theyre in their 60s and 70s, have mostly retired and already have their "forever cars" Ford might as well be throwing money into a fire if they were to focus on them.
Sponsored