• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
I jumped to the driving portion first! One thing I keep hearing on the forums is that the first thing most people are going to change is part of or the entire exhaust system. Listening to that Coyote roar and I am good with the stock exhaust!! And that surprises even me, as my '06 GT has straight pipe with progressive size increases to the exhaust tips.

Great job, but I would love to hear more of that exhaust song!!!

As I went back and viewed the video from the beginning, several thing stood out. This car was designed based mostly on Gen Z and Millennial impressions. This is a mixed bag, it could tend to turn Boomers away, and attract the Gen Z and Millennials which Ford seems to shifting toward, after all, they will be ones buying their products long after us Boomers are gone.

I skipped the entire S550 generation, and getting a very thorough look at the underbelly of this beast was great and very informative for me.

For those of you with experience with the S550, what are your impressions of the mechanics of the S650?

A big thank you to all of the Ford Employees giving the in depth views of the Dark Horse!
I mean 100%. The only reason I am getting a mustang at all this generation and will be my first mustang is because the updated interior. I love it. It doesn't look aged. It doesn't look bad. I think it looks great and they finally have functionality I would like. Coming from a millennial but just barely almost Gen. Z
Sponsored

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Smart marketing move by Ford. Nothing like having credibility on your side, specially if it has a price you can afford.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I don’t mind the tech or the screens, but I do think they could’ve been integrated into the dash in a more aesthetically pleasing manner. The thing that I hate about the interior is the awful fake carbon fiber looking stuff—particularly around the shifter and on the steering wheel. I think the darker metallic looking stuff used for the door handles and door latch thing would’ve looked better in those places (if not in place of all of the fake carbon stuff). That stuff just looks cheap as all hell, especially when you’re around $70,000 for a DH premium with handling pack and Recaros. That stuff shouldn’t be anywhere near a $70,000 car, IMO.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
First minute says all you need to know. They gathered 30 millennials for input...a group that can't even afford this car nor want it. Oh they certainly tricked these Ford suits into thinking if I slap a few big screens in it, we would buy it but nothing could be further from the truth. Few millennials are going to pay 70K for this car. The only thing that kept this from being a total cluster@#$% is the fact they had to stay within constraints of certain parts and the chassis was coming over. The exterior guy made one salient point for some of the exterior redesign...they obviously wanted to move away from the "eurostang" look which is why it got the more blocky, muscle car look up front. It isn't my cup of tea, but that made sense to dial back on that a bit as it was probably the biggest gripe from S197 to S550. The only saving grace on this for sales is it has no real competition..it will be interesting to see manual vs. AT sales.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
28:47 - 28:51 = 😁
Correction: 28:47 through 29:51 = 😁 (first time references left out the best part - doh)

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
First minute says all you need to know. They gathered 30 millennials for input...a group that can't even afford this car nor want it. Oh they certainly tricked these Ford suits into thinking if I slap a few big screens in it, we would buy it but nothing could be further from the truth. Few millennials are going to pay 70K for this car. The only thing that kept this from being a total cluster@#$% is the fact they had to stay within constraints of certain parts and the chassis was coming over. The exterior guy made one salient point for some of the exterior redesign...they obviously wanted to move away from the "eurostang" look which is why it got the more blocky, muscle car look up front. It isn't my cup of tea, but that made sense to dial back on that a bit as it was probably the biggest gripe from S197 to S550. The only saving grace on this for sales is it has no real competition..it will be interesting to see manual vs. AT sales.
Bro you realize there are 40yo millennials right? I'm at the very end of the millennial years and I'm almost 30. There are plenty that can afford it.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
They weren’t talking about only the dark horse. They were talking about the entire S650 development. Plenty of millennials can afford Ecoboost and GT Mustangs. Some can afford DH. But yes, older millennials are turning 43 this year.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
I’m about 20 mins into the video. It’s pretty good so far, surprisingly, I find myself liking the DH exterior styling more after what I’ve seen thus far. I still don’t love the front overhang, but overall it’s growing on me. I like the chiseled look of the rest of the body lines. Perhaps an S650 GT500 is in my future since there’s unlikely to be another ICE 7th Gen ZL1
That said, Ford claims 3,993 lbs for the DH auto, which is ~150 lbs heavier than a similar S550
despite sharing the chassis. So a GT500 would be 4,300+ lbs. Ouch. That’s pretty disappointing. And I’m still not sold on the lack of integration of the screens. Also, I lost count of how many times Ford employees said they asked young people what they like. I get trying to bring in a new generation of owners
but meeting in the middle would have made the interior better integrated. Do the big screens, but I wish they were better integrated into the dash.

Last edited:

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
I mean it all depends on the millennial and how their life is going. I'm no crypto millionaire, no tech bro or anything like that but just have set myself up to be able to be in a place to afford the Dark horse and there are plenty more like me out there. Definitely not as many of us as there are boomers but there are still plenty. They can afford it and I'm not even 30 yet

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Finally got a chance to watch the vid.
Man what a hoot, look how much fun they’re having. Wish I could grab a DH but I’m sure the GT will be just as fun

MikenDallas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium in Black
Hi @Savagegeese Jack how does the automatic transmission perform in this? Thanks

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I get trying to bring in a new generation of owners
but meeting in the middle would have made the interior better integrated. Do the big screens, but I wish they were better integrated into the dash.
I agree with that statement. I am on the tail end of the Boomers. And though most Boomers can easily afford a $70k+ car, as a group we only have maybe a couple more product cycles before we are out of the marketplace.

So yeah, go ahead and get the later generations opinions but Ford shouldn't make as Josh Grenier said "Clearcut decision to step away from heritage" (19:27), and he is "Proud of Ford for making the decision to walking away from Heritage" (19:37).

The reason he even has a job working on the Mustang is because of that very heritage he enthusatically discarded.

But, hey! At least we didn't wind up with a Ford bodied front wheel drive Mazda like they were going to do in the late '80's.!

Last edited:

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Oh, and I think someone who knew whoever designed this Middle East only Ford Taurus dash screens, just cut and pasted it into the Mustang:
2023-Ford-Taurus-debuts-in-Middle-East.jpg

2024-ford-mustang-gt-35.jpg

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Realistically though, isn’t it that all tablet computers kind of look the same except for size or shape? I mean, once a manufacturer decides to join the trend and place a tablet on the dash, in a way, all cars become somewhat diluted in identity and more homogeneous looking.
Sponsored