• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Z06, GR Corolla, Formerly 2015 mustang gt
Really great video! So, did he spin the car at the ~30:00 Mark in the video? Looked like they cut away as it lost control.
broll and coverage shots are done both before and after. We saved all our drifiting stuff after our shoot. That was my last slide before the tires chunked. Sadly we had a defective rear and it chunked after maybe 3 slides. Somewhere in the shop segment you can see it let go

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Great video as always and I agree the dark horse is better, but is it ~12 grand better? In the video you mentioned suspension being better than last gen, is this compared to a mach 1? M1 seems to have the same suspension set up, the only difference is the new steering rack and MR calibration. It looks very similar underneath otherwise.

The wonderful dealer advertised on here, Granger, is doing MSRP on the DH which with fees is $65k (premium trim). My 2022 M1 premium from them was $53k.

I think for mach 1 owners the justification to upgrade is not there, even considering inflation. But for new mustang owners though... I can see it the exterior and screens being worth the price.
I agree with you. I was looking at purchasing a M1 last year and decided to wait for the DH. The biggest hold up I had on the M1 was the interior being so dated. I love the new interior, and from the reviews I will love the drive too.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Seems to be tons of talk about steering - more direct vs less feel -

How would you compare the Dark Horse to Mach 1 or 350R in terms of steering feel/ turn in/ exc ?

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
I haven't watched the whole video yet, but I did watch the driving portion, and I'm happy to hear that you think the steering is much improved from the S550. There has been so much talk of the steering recently based solely on the Throttle House video, so it's nice to get a second opinion--particularly from a former S550 owner.

One question: In Car and Driver's video, Carlos Lago mentioned that it felt like the car had a soft redline around 7250 or 7300 and that it didn't actually let you rev to 7500. Is this something you guys noticed while on track?
+1 to this. I'm very curious about these soft limiter comments...

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Great video as always and I agree the dark horse is better, but is it ~12 grand better? In the video you mentioned suspension being better than last gen, is this compared to a mach 1? M1 seems to have the same suspension set up, the only difference is the new steering rack and MR calibration. It looks very similar underneath otherwise.

The wonderful dealer advertised on here, Granger, is doing MSRP on the DH which with fees is $65k (premium trim). My 2022 M1 premium from them was $53k.

I think for mach 1 owners the justification to upgrade is not there, even considering inflation. But for new mustang owners though... I can see it the exterior and screens being worth the price.
If you like, I have a couple of IPads I’m not using and I’m sure it won’t be a problem finding someone to crease the back of your car for you. :like: LOL.
Let’s see those cars in garages! Not mine, but I’m excited for those who can appreciate the new design.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
28:47 - 28:51 = 😁

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Z06, GR Corolla, Formerly 2015 mustang gt
Seems to be tons of talk about steering - more direct vs less feel -

How would you compare the Dark Horse to Mach 1 or 350R in terms of steering feel/ turn in/ exc ?
I cant speak to m1 steering feel as its been a while, that said compared to a bullit its substantially better. Also i think the front and the rear of the car talk to one another better

Piotr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Worse. Tbh, the clar platform is just superior in pretty much every aspect
What do you mean by that ? I've watched your m2 review where you said you felt dead inside after driving it and that it didn't have any steering feel at all. Your review was one of the reasons I've stopped considering buying the new m2 at all.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
The whole video was quite underwhelming - it lacked the tech details and the amount of driving of your usual docu type videos.
Hopefully more DH content is coming soon.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Really great video! So, did he spin the car at the ~30:00 Mark in the video? Looked like they cut away as it lost control.
I thought the same thing!!

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
That was my last slide before the tires chunked. Sadly we had a defective rear and it chunked after maybe 3 slides. Somewhere in the shop segment you can see it let go.
I wonder how many miles (Street/Track) were on that tire before it let go? What was the nature of the defect?

Being a brand new tire designed specifically for the DH, does that concern you about these Trofeo RS? Or were these the non-HP Pirelli's?

Screenshot_20230801_203148_YouTube.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: