• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
And you don't think $$$$$ in paper bags wasn't left in trash cans across M street DC? Dropped off by Ford/Detroit appologists?
I’m sorry but what does that have to do with anything I just said

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
the law was 'bought'. That's how anything is done in this country. Namely, back when they started with the tech and put a goal-post for delivery, the rep/senate was contacted and bribed to make sure it was legal in time for the product to hit the shelves.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
The S550 uses HID projectors. The S650 has full LED lights. That’s as much as an improvement as you should expect considering the only other options are 1) laser projectors, which nobody bothers using anymore, and 2) LED matrix headlights. Regarding the latter, it was only recently—like, in the past year—that the US government updated its 60+ year-outdated headlight regulations that allow adaptive illumination. European cars that offer adaptive matrix lighting that have US equivalents have been barred this feature and we will only likely see this coming to the US on higher end, future EU makes and models. So for a car like the S650 to have adaptive LED matrix headlights, how would they know that laws would be lifted? How would they justify—of all things, above better seats, better transmissions, better use of lightweight material construction, etc—developing and implementing a technology that’s both expensive, complicated, and only until the past year, illegal to use on US roads?
Didn't know adaptive LED were illegal in the USA. What do you mean by HID? HID = xenons were 2015-2017 iirc, 2018+ has full LED headlights. I most definitely don't have Xenons in my Mach 1 but full LED. And it shows in the night immensely.
Order guide says too: "LED Headlamps with Configurable Daytime Running Lamps"

Different design / multiple lenses doesn't mean it shines significantly better (but of course it can be better, like this aftermarket solution). I don't drive much in the night so it doesn't really matter to me.

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
1971 Ford Torino. I wonder how much people complained it looked like a Charger. :wink:

Screenshot_20230111-084700-01.jpeg
Don't you know classic cars are beyond reproach? You can't ever criticize them, or call them unoriginal. Only modern stuff can be called out 😉

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
And you don't think $$$$$ in paper bags wasn't left in trash cans across M street DC? Dropped off by Ford/Detroit appologists?
outside of archibalds?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I agree with you, been saying this for years. But classic car defenders are gonna be pissed that you said that lol.
That’s not really true. For instance, the 1970 Olds 442 shared almost nothing with its relative the Chevelle SS beyond the transmission, and even that was slightly different.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Didn't know adaptive LED were illegal in the USA. What do you mean by HID? HID = xenons were 2015-2017 iirc, 2018+ has full LED headlights. I most definitely don't have Xenons in my Mach 1 but full LED. And it shows in the night immensely.
Order guide says too: "LED Headlamps with Configurable Daytime Running Lamps"

Different design / multiple lenses doesn't mean it shines significantly better (but of course it can be better, like this aftermarket solution). I don't drive much in the night so it doesn't really matter to me.
Oh neat, had no idea the 18 used LEDs as its projector source since the projector bulb and housing looks “traditional” like an HID projector. Usually I see LED projector housings look super tiny and boxy

Well triple projectors sounds like a logical upgrade to me and brings it inline with pretty much 99% of other new cars on the road today

the law was 'bought'. That's how anything is done in this country. Namely, back when they started with the tech and put a goal-post for delivery, the rep/senate was contacted and bribed to make sure it was legal in time for the product to hit the shelves.
It was in response to a petition from Toyota

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...-headlights-after-toyota-petition-2022-02-15/

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I agree with you, been saying this for years. But classic car defenders are gonna be pissed that you said that lol.
They didn’t have to deal with 500000000 regulatory limitations like today’s cars so you could have some cool fuck-off designs like this

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang vs S550 Mustang side-by-side comparison pics thread 1673467209132

Gotta respect the balls of designers back in the day. I have a unique appreciation for them

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
They didn’t have to deal with 500000000 regulatory limitations like today’s cars so you could have some cool fuck-off designs like this

1673467209132.jpeg

Gotta respect the balls of designers back in the day. I have a unique appreciation for them
If someone rear ends that, those taillight pods are going through someone's torso, that's awesome. But yeah, one can hope with advancements in material science and manufacturing, we can get back to radical forms like this. But that's only half of it, the other side is, as you said, the regulations pounding designers into the ground. I swear, we've gotten to the point where a radical design these days is just a one box uninspired design with cameras for mirrors and 24 inch rims. Designers are vomiting in our eyes and calling it modern art.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
ALL the muscle cars were neigh identical back then.
Similar in general shape (although the Mopars typically had longer hoods), but grilles and taillights were quite distinctive. The grille on that Torino looks more like a Dodge than other Fords of that time.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
The S550 uses HID projectors. The S650 has full LED lights. That’s as much as an improvement as you should expect considering the only other options are 1) laser projectors, which nobody bothers using anymore, and 2) LED matrix headlights. Regarding the latter, it was only recently—like, in the past year—that the US government updated its 60+ year-outdated headlight regulations that allow adaptive illumination. European cars that offer adaptive matrix lighting that have US equivalents have been barred this feature and we will only likely see this coming to the US on higher end, future EU makes and models. So for a car like the S650 to have adaptive LED matrix headlights, how would they know that laws would be lifted? How would they justify—of all things, above better seats, better transmissions, better use of lightweight material construction, etc—developing and implementing a technology that’s both expensive, complicated, and only until the past year, illegal to use on US roads?

Just to get that right: The current Mustang has " normal" LED lights and in terms of the auto high beam it is really dated since it just goes " up and down" when it is dark in front of you and/or a car comes towards you on the other lane.

The Ford Fiesta of my mother on the other hand has full LED lights, which means that the auto high beam function is more advanced. The intelligent high beam assistant adjusts to the street, traffic signs, cars in front of you or coming towards you on the other lane, by just brighten the area where an object is not to be seen.

That is much more convenient as other drivers don't get blinded unnecessarily. I assume that the Ford Fiesta technology will be eventually in the Gen7. Same goes for cornering light.

So the correct order of technological advanced head lights are the following from old to new

1. Halogen (1962)
2. Projection Spotlight (1983)
2. Xenon (1991)
3. Bi-Xenon (1998)
4. LED (2007)
5. Full LED (2010)
6. Matrix LED (2012)
7. Multibeam LED (2014)
8. Laser Light (2017)

Gen7 uses technology that is more than 10 years old. Maybe a Matrix LED like in the newest Ford Focus would have been more state of the art, but well.....

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Just to get that right: The current Mustang has " normal" LED lights and in terms of the auto high beam it is really dated since it just goes " up and down" when it is dark in front of you and/or a car comes towards you on the other lane.

The Ford Fiesta of my mother on the other hand has full LED lights, which means that the auto high beam function is more advanced. The intelligent high beam assistant adjusts to the street, traffic signs, cars in front of you or coming towards you on the other lane, by just brighten the area where an object is not to be seen.

That is much more convenient as other drivers don't get blinded unnecessarily. I assume that the Ford Fiesta technology will be eventually in the Gen7. Same goes for cornering light.

So the correct order of technological advanced head lights are the following from old to new

1. Halogen (1962)
2. Projection Spotlight (1983)
2. Xenon (1991)
3. Bi-Xenon (1998)
4. LED (2007)
5. Full LED (2010)
6. Matrix LED (2012)
7. Multibeam LED (2014)
8. Laser Light (2017)

Gen7 uses technology that is more than 10 years old. Maybe a Matrix LED like in the newest Ford Focus would have been more state of the art, but well.....
But you live in Europe. As mentioned, the states have been stuck with regulations dating over 50 years ago that have made adaptive systems illegal

Only just last year did they amend these regulations that would allow adaptive systems to be sold and used on public roads starting this year

There’s no confusion on the technology here

If it’s not clearly inferred here, adaptive is referring to sectional partitioning of the illumination; I’m not talking about Auto on-off

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
n terms of the auto high beam it is really dated since it just goes " up and down" when it is dark in front of you and/or a car comes towards you on the other lane.
My auto-high beams are great - comes with tactile feedback and full situational awareness to boot!
Sponsored