• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Iron man is dead....
no, he's been upgraded to autonomous AI with a flesh-like exterior on the hands and face to help assuage the fears of the meat popsicles. Think of him as your friendly, neighborhood Terminator that dogs love to get their head patted by.
Sponsored

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Did you have cheerios or captain crunch with your edibles for breakfast?

That's like 13 too many. But seriously, I've only seen the first Avengers film, but I know most of the major events in the later films.
no, he's been upgraded to autonomous AI with a flesh-like exterior on the hands and face to help assuage the fears of the meat popsicles. Think of him as your friendly, neighborhood Terminator that dogs love to get their head patted by.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Lol didn't know that one line can cause an avalanche :D Sorry for the spoiler!

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
This comment summarizes 99% of the S197 owners back in the early days of M6G.
It's different because S197 was quite retro. The classic halogen headlights did get obsolete and objectively worse in function. (Round shape headlights however did not as clearly that works great on Challenger.) How do S550 and S650 LED lights differ? I find the S550 LED spectacular in the night (but I only ever had xenons and bi-xenons before). Did S650 evolve technologically with some adaptive matrix technology etc.? Haven't seen that mentioned. It looks like they just replaced the shape of day lights and main lights but not drastically improved function. Change for the change sake, to match current trends, same like everyone does with the big grille or tablets inside.

And aside from the headlights, it's just tweaked fascia like with every model/facelift change, nothing new.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
1971 Ford Torino. I wonder how much people complained it looked like a Charger. :wink:

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang vs S550 Mustang side-by-side comparison pics thread Screenshot_20230111-084700-01

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
1971 Ford Torino. I wonder how much people complained it looked like a Charger. :wink:

Screenshot_20230111-084700-01.jpeg

If the internet existed back then, you can bet they would!!!

Mustang aside......the early Torinos are some of my favourite Fords! :)

GT 500 760

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 ........Past Shelby’s 2019 GT350R, 2009 GT500 KR, 1970 GT500 ,1969 GT350 ,1966 GT350.
I really don’t know how you can improve on the profile of the S550 design. BMW and polestar copied it which says a lot.. I wish they would get off the big grille bandwagon however. Never been a fan of the 2020 GT500 front except in black.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
If the internet existed back then, you can bet they would!!!

Mustang aside......the early Torinos are some of my favourite Fords! :)
I love seeing them at car shows. They're more rare than Chevelles, GTOs, Challengers, etc.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
It's different because S197 was quite retro. The classic halogen headlights did get obsolete and objectively worse in function. (Round shape headlights however did not as clearly that works great on Challenger.) How do S550 and S650 LED lights differ? I find the S550 LED spectacular in the night (but I only ever had xenons and bi-xenons before). Did S650 evolve technologically with some adaptive matrix technology etc.? Haven't seen that mentioned. It looks like they just replaced the shape of day lights and main lights but not drastically improved function. Change for the change sake, to match current trends, same like everyone does with the big grille or tablets inside.

And aside from the headlights, it's just tweaked fascia like with every model/facelift change, nothing new.
The S550 uses HID projectors. The S650 has full LED lights. That’s as much as an improvement as you should expect considering the only other options are 1) laser projectors, which nobody bothers using anymore, and 2) LED matrix headlights. Regarding the latter, it was only recently—like, in the past year—that the US government updated its 60+ year-outdated headlight regulations that allow adaptive illumination. European cars that offer adaptive matrix lighting that have US equivalents have been barred this feature and we will only likely see this coming to the US on higher end, future EU makes and models. So for a car like the S650 to have adaptive LED matrix headlights, how would they know that laws would be lifted? How would they justify—of all things, above better seats, better transmissions, better use of lightweight material construction, etc—developing and implementing a technology that’s both expensive, complicated, and only until the past year, illegal to use on US roads?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I love seeing them at car shows. They're more rare than Chevelles, GTOs, Challengers, etc.
I had a friend that loved muscle cars especially Fords but was too big for the Mustang. The Torino was his favorite.