• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
I’m a much bigger fan of the interior compared to the outside. I like the nostalgia cues as much as the next guy but we gotta move forward

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Matt Maran just posted a new vid and I think he hit the nail on the head. This interior is a hard pass.
Yup, literally just watching his video right now.

It's kind of funny to watch someone love the Bullitt as much as I do. Smiles for miles on the commute and never realized how loud it really is.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
that's why I bought a 300A (36k) and 100A (28k). The latter has one of those bar thingies you have to pull up on to slide the seat back and forth. I felt like I was transported back to the nirvana of 1968.

Problem is the buying public is 99.99999999% interested in damn fru-fru. Your "i'm gonna buy a new Mustang and take it to the track" is what, 100 cars total out of a 50,000 unit annual production run?

Ford Marketing/Sales is convinced people want a Civic/Accord/Lexus just with American V8 power and since those cars all come with fru-fru crap, we "have to" as well.

"Mustang" should come ONLY in stripper config. Basic 6-speaker audio, cloth seats, no damn touchscreen and not-a-total farce of a braking system. 25k for the Eco, 32k for a GT ai as expensive as it gets. No electronic dash, no lane change protection, no I can't be bothered to use teh damn brake pedal to keep proper following distance etc. If you want leather go get Katzkin you pampered twat. :)

For everything else there is the Ford Aftermarket Catalog you page thru like Sears when you were a kid, buy stuff from and pay the dealer/ASE to replace the factory kit. That is Mustang Ethos.
Then only about 5 people would buy it

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Then only about 5 people would buy it
I doubt that. I would give my left nut for being able to buy individual parts off the Ford Options Catalog (tm) like bespoke audio systems, digital dash, and recaro in driver position ONLY etc. (not that I give a damn about audio or digi dash, just using it as strawman)

Ford charges INSANE multiples of cost for contrived option sets. The point of producing a mass product is to reduce the options to ~zero and that way you can streamline the hell out of it. Like "you can have any color Model-T you like as long as it's black" of yore.

Why are there more than 2 rear diffs? 3.55 and 3.73 cover the entire useful gamut. If you want a 3.15/3.31 for some silly reason you buy the unit from the catalog and pay to have it swapped in.

SKU management is costly. It complicates assembly-line workflow. It raises costs to suppliers and warehousing and QA/oversight. Cut EVERYTHING until you can't cut anymore.

Cars may have de-volved to "lifestyle" accessories, but that's why you force the enduser to eat the cost of their choices. Ford should be in the business of providing locomotion and nothing more.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I doubt that. I would give my left nut for being able to buy individual parts off the Ford Options Catalog (tm) like bespoke audio systems, digital dash, and recaro in driver position ONLY etc. (not that I give a damn about audio or digi dash, just using it as strawman)

Ford charges INSANE multiples of cost for contrived option sets. The point of producing a mass product is to reduce the options to ~zero and that way you can streamline the hell out of it. Like "you can have any color Model-T you like as long as it's black" of yore.

Why are there more than 2 rear diffs? 3.55 and 3.73 cover the entire useful gamut. If you want a 3.15/3.31 for some silly reason you buy the unit from the catalog and pay to have it swapped in.

SKU management is costly. It complicates assembly-line workflow. It raises costs to suppliers and warehousing and QA/oversight. Cut EVERYTHING until you can't cut anymore.

Cars may have de-volved to "lifestyle" accessories, but that's why you force the enduser to eat the cost of their choices. Ford should be in the business of providing locomotion and nothing more.
and then those parts will be a lot more expensive than they would be when installed from the factory. The parts get subsidized from the supplier to Ford due to being purchased in bulk. You are in a very very small audience of people who want a stripped down car.

Ford would lose massive amounts of sales to the competition if buyers had to purchase options separately and have them installed.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Everything you just listed is already possible.... many people have updated analog clusters with digital ones and better/updated audio systems.

You want one Recaro seat? Order a base model with cloth basic seats and buy a single Recaro. You can do that too.

You're asking for Porsche/Ferrari levels of individualization from a company that has neither the profit margins nor the infrastructure to do so.

I'm sorry but this makes absolutely 0 sense from any reasonable business perspective. You are asking a global corporation to tailor their product to (and I'm being generous here) 5% of their buyers.

and the end user does eat the cost, when they pick the option and pay the upcharge.

While I realize there is a vocal group of enthusiasts that would love a mustang with no doors, windshield, one seat, 700hp and a speedometer made of wood, that's just not how this works, go get yourself a Caterham or a Porsche RS.

Anyone working in product development/management can tell you they aren't adding features/functionality "just because", there's extensive market research justifying additions like this.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
and then those parts will be a lot more expensive than they would be when installed from the factory. The parts get subsidized from the supplier to Ford due to being purchased in bulk. You are in a very very small audience of people who want a stripped down car.

Ford would lose massive amounts of sales to the competition if buyers had to purchase options separately and have them installed.
Not to mention all the added squeaks and rattles from taking a brand new car and disassembling it repeatedly to add new parts.

KoreanKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost 101A automatic
Air vents? Sure, pretty practical. Old style gear selector? Sure, why not. But square-ish steering wheel center? I can't say I am a fan of it. Forfeiting traditional looks for practicality is understandable, but giving up the signature round steering wheel center is.. idk.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Air vents? Sure, pretty practical. Old style gear selector? Sure, why not. But square-ish steering wheel center? I can't say I am a fan of it. Forfeiting traditional looks for practicality is understandable, but giving up the signature round steering wheel center is.. idk.
“the signature round steering wheel center”…..

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 5D9D8265-1C58-4A49-BD07-871CFE46A221

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots C7E8BBA6-28BD-49CE-AF51-A67FA29C0B0A

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 40B6997A-7267-4F94-A966-717CD8D217A9

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots A04F1645-583A-4F91-A654-C1DED7D4BDD1

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes there have been ugly steering wheels. That's why when I bought Fox Mustangs, I went for the 1989 or older rather than the 1990 when the air bag wrecked it.

Yes my '70 has that ugly straight across plastic thing.

Doesn't mean I want a new Mustang to have it. But IMO the square in the middle of the wheel looked ok. Nothing about that interior seemed terrible to me.

But my priorities are all around engine, drivetrain and performance. I would be thrilled with that interior as long as the performance is exceptional and cost isn't too high.

PRO-630HD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Caliber
It looks like they are getting rid of the metal dashboard, IMO Huge Mistake! I don't need a modern interpretation of my old 94 GT. What we don't need is a Camaro interior in a Mustang!

Last edited:

Swedemike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Cabriolet
Man, I really don’t like this new interior, it looks very cheap just as a Camaro. This alone makes me not want to buy.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
I posted about the front end in the other thread...but this thing actually has strong Fox Body cues all over and hit me that way immediately. The interior seems like a total Fox inspiration so far, and I swear to God...if we get an S550 meets Fox design, I will love that to death just because of the heaps of fun and how imaginative that would be. Look at it as a Fox inspiration and the interior changes entirely:

FoxBody8-1024x683.jpg

s650-2023-mustang-ecoboost-interior-spyshot-35-jpg.jpg

hpim0388-jpg.jpg

s650-2023-mustang-ecoboost-interior-spyshot-25-jpg.jpg

s650-2023-mustang-ecoboost-interior-spyshot-41-jpg.jpg

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots pxl20210803115428259-1628884216770@2x
Sponsored

Last edited: