• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Pretty late to the party here, just moved and PC and internet is running now again 😁

We obviously have three models here:
US Ecoboost (small brakes)
1649797985704.png

EU GT (nice wheels, bigger brakes, EU mirrors)
1649798012257.png

EU Hybrid AWD (rear brake on the inner side of the wheel, EU mirrors)
1649798039008.png

In terms of the interior: I really love what Ford is doing here. Big horizontal displays and still having a few pyhsicals buttons is exactly was I was hoping for. Seems like Ford get that the vertical display of the Mach E was not the way to go for the future. It reminds me of the C8 interior in a good way.

Overall the interiors design has way more edges, something I always though the exterior design will feature too based on the spyshots and I see that a slight confirmation for that. So the S650 might overall look like a more bulky and edgy S550. I think some people will see Camaro or Gen 5 elements in that in the end.

If Ford Authority is to be believed, however, there will be no AWD on S650. If that's the case, the second caliper on the rear could just be an e-parking brake.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
If Ford Authority is to be believed, however, there will be no AWD on S650. If that's the case, the second caliper on the rear could just be an e-parking brake.
I wouldn't doubt it either way, but I really don't trust Ford Authority. I have found Mustang 6G/7G insiders to be more accurate. Again, wouldn't be surprised either way.

16&66Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback , 1966 C Code Coupe
About the interior, I keep saying 'where have I seen this before'? The new dash reminds me of the later refreshed Fox body interior, with rectangle vents in the middle down low, 'driver centric' dash pod and blocky style steering . Very 80's to me. The sketch above kinda confirmed my thoughts. Please tell me I am loosing it and totally wrong. I really love the S550 dash, even in my base 2015 GT.
Does that mean that the S550 was retro 60’s inspired and the S650 is retro 80’s inspired. Yes that era of design excellence 😝.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHO, 2016 Police Utility, 2005 Excursion
I'm not digging the more inclusive touch panel. Just about everything on my former SHO, like the heated seats that my wife needs on every time she enters the car....are on the touch screen. Maybe I'm old school, but separate switches and buttons are my preference for many things.

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
But these pictures show that it has a manual handbrake, am I wrong? It looks a bit strange, but it is there...

Could it has a dual handbrake, both manual and e-parking?

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
But these pictures show that it has a manual handbrake, am I wrong? It looks a bit strange, but it is there...

Could it has a dual handbrake, both manual and e-parking?
Or the lever isn't attached to anything and is a fly-by-wire version of a handbrake. Considering they were already working on something similar for a clutch it wouldn't be that far fetched.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Or the lever isn't attached to anything and is a fly-by-wire version of a handbrake. Considering they were already working on something similar for a clutch it wouldn't be that far fetched.
We should also note that the spy shots of the interior appear to be of the convertible. The car we've seen with dual rear calipers is the Mach 1-style coupe. I doubt one would get a physical parking brake and the other an electronic one at production, so it could just be that they opted for the physical parking brake on the convertible simply for testing.

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
Yeah, it would be just as an e-brake button, but just with a traditional case of handbrake 😂

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Just wishful thinking on my part but the level of camo on the roof has me hoping for a sunroof or the return of the glass roof
The prototypes with the heavy black camo on the roofs are the convertibles.......the prototypes with just the thinner black and white camo on the roof are the Fastbacks :like: