• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Chinese on the infotainment screen makes it seem like an Alibaba product. But not very impressed by the interiors I prefer some old school personally. Also seems like all the HVAC controls will be on the infotainment screen which I hate even on my 6g mustang
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I'll reserve final judgment until we see the exterior, however, here's where I think we should be thankful for at this point in time.

1. Pure ICE V8 still available.
2. RWD still standard.
3. Manual (at least for North American markets) likely still available.
4. Physical handbrake still available.
5. Physical volume button.

I would lament the loss of the double brow dash as much as the next guy. However, if the car is a stunner and performs admirably, I'll get over it. I also don't really care about the digital HVAC controls. This car will not be my daily driver, and so HVAC controls are not even that relevant to me.

For those upset about auto stop/start - either get a manual that will likely not have it, or disable it via Forscan.

P.S., I bet the center stack will look great displaying various performance metrics similar to Dodge's performance pages implementation.
Why is a physical handbrake Important at all?

Ford went too angular and too "tech" with all the capacitive touch BS than is needed.

IMO there isn't going to be some huge Hail Mary to getting this 7G interior tweaked or changed to look any better prior to the first off the line.

It's just a very ugly interior design. I think the Design Team Lead envisioned the Mustang interior being the same layout as KITT from Knight Rider... Betcha those front seats will be huge rectangles with no lateral or lumbar support. Kind of like a retro-70's kitchen set or the 1971-73 Mustang front seats.

The steering wheel, aside from being pulled from the Bronco parts bin, also has way too many buttons. There's no need to make the steering wheel into a complex keyboard - all that does is creates distraction with a Driver having to look down to see what key they are pressing for a needed function.

Here's the other problem going forward:
For those that will want a dedicated "track car" (insert track type here), it's going to be much harder for that owner to "gut" due to the over complexity of the multiple interfacing of modules and digital clusters now being incorporated. It's not going to be as easy for someone to purchase a base Mustang 5.0 and add or subtract things, because the modules, screens and PCM's will be more tied into each other than ever before.

IMO - the Mustang should remain simplistic as it always has been - true performance oriented is Mustang's Heritage, NOT all the froo-froo gadgetry and an attempt to being made into a Luxury car like BMW, Lexus or Mercedes...

Sure I get it, some folks want the "fluff", that's great and that's a buyer's choice to go with XYZ. Pretty soon though, the Mustang is going to be out of reach for many due to the exorbitant costs coming along with all the digital froo-froo. The Mustang just isn't the affordable Pony Car for the masses now as was it's original intent. Year after year it's price point, even for a base model GT, and regardless of inflation, is getting to be beyond the reach of your normal working Enthusiast or first time buyer.

If the Ford folks are on here - stop already with the "Stealth", "White Ice" and BS trim packages already. Put together a TRUE stripper/base 5.0 Mustang. Keep only the essentials to pass the Govt. safety and emissions regulations. There's more folks than you think who would buy such a performance car and many others who don't even use half the available Tech or doodads. Give the true Mustang Enthusiast and Track Enthusiast an option for a solid, light weight performer, at a good price point, without all the happy nanny froo-froo horseshit. You did it halfway with the 2012-13 Boss Laguna Seca's, so why not do it again? Why can the Bronco be built "your way" from the driveline components to nearly any piece on the "menu", but the Mustang has to always be tied together by option packages? Oh, can't get or delete this component unless it comes with Option Package XYZ and a required wheel combo... but Bronco buyers can piece together a Bronco and build it as if it's from a busted up Lego set.

PS - Love the Bronco, the Mustang isn't one, keep the truck design elements out of the Mustang. :)

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Why is a physical handbrake Important at all?
because it is an essential part of the driving equation. You can modulate a hand-brake, you can't do that with electronic push-button brake. The e-brake is supposed to be used to hold the car on non-flat surfaces when you are pulling away. And if you're Travis Pastrana, to spin the car around and park it with 6 inches to either end.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
The prototypes with the heavy black camo on the roofs are the convertibles.......the prototypes with just the thinner black and white camo on the roof are the Fastbacks :like:
Yeah I definitely see that. I just mean the heavy masking over the rear 1/3 of the roofline on the fastback prototypes, which is where a seam would be for a panoramic sunroof like what's on the E class coupe.

It just seems like an odd place to put so much camo, unless they're hiding a liftback.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Give the true Mustang Enthusiast and Track Enthusiast an option for a solid, light weight performer, at a good price point, without all the happy nanny froo-froo horseshit.
that's why I bought a 300A (36k) and 100A (28k). The latter has one of those bar thingies you have to pull up on to slide the seat back and forth. I felt like I was transported back to the nirvana of 1968.

Problem is the buying public is 99.99999999% interested in damn fru-fru. Your "i'm gonna buy a new Mustang and take it to the track" is what, 100 cars total out of a 50,000 unit annual production run?

Ford Marketing/Sales is convinced people want a Civic/Accord/Lexus just with American V8 power and since those cars all come with fru-fru crap, we "have to" as well.

"Mustang" should come ONLY in stripper config. Basic 6-speaker audio, cloth seats, no damn touchscreen and not-a-total farce of a braking system. 25k for the Eco, 32k for a GT ai as expensive as it gets. No electronic dash, no lane change protection, no I can't be bothered to use teh damn brake pedal to keep proper following distance etc. If you want leather go get Katzkin you pampered twat. :)

For everything else there is the Ford Aftermarket Catalog you page thru like Sears when you were a kid, buy stuff from and pay the dealer/ASE to replace the factory kit. That is Mustang Ethos.

Last edited:

Mustang_Qi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In fact, I prefer Ford's knob-type gears, I wonder if they will be applied to Mustang models, at least to the GT version
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots A375CBDF-BFAB-4745-8B2A-76074E69F0D7

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 436DCC69-DD7B-4D4B-931E-73B6F49A1CD6

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 28CB6C1E-594E-4B2D-A22B-680A5A9D289A

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 6F853F7B-A4A5-4E46-8AE7-7E1E17470E8E

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
The steering wheel, aside from being pulled from the Bronco parts bin, also has way too many buttons. There's no need to make the steering wheel into a complex keyboard - all that does is creates distraction with a Driver having to look down to see what key they are pressing for a needed function.
This wheel has the exact same amount of buttons as the current wheel.....

They've just been shifted into one section per side instead of two.

For those that will want a dedicated "track car" (insert track type here), it's going to be much harder for that owner to "gut" due to the over complexity of the multiple interfacing of modules and digital clusters now being incorporated.
I've spent a good amount of time on the track, and outside of folks with a LOT of money and a handful of extremely hardcore enthusiasts, I haven't seen many people inclined to "gut" a brand new $35k+ car.

Especially when there are so many good track cars out there that already exist for far less money (spec 944, spec Miata, E46 M3, hell even a full Formula 4 car can be had for about $40-$50k)

It's just completely unreasonable to engineer a mass produced car for the niche needs of <1% of buyers.

The Mustang just isn't the affordable Pony Car for the masses now as was it's original intent. Year after year it's price point, even for a base model GT, and regardless of inflation, is getting to be beyond the reach of your normal working Enthusiast or first time buyer.
The base mustang GT with no options is $37,000 for a 400+HP V8 coupe with a manual transmission. The average car purchase in the US is over $10,000 more than that. It is still just as proportionally viable as it has always been.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
LOVE the new wheel! I think this new interior looks a lot edgier than the current model. Dare I say, almost a little like the C8 Corvette?

IKE32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black
Wow! Not the interior I was expecting..........I like it! First time Mustang has had a "driver orientated" cockpit.
I like it! Kinda reminds me of the 97’ Supra the way the center console is oriented towards the driver (and it looked great back then too).

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
huh, so now it's a 2024 model? Makes sense. let the supply-chain kinks work out and milk the S550 tooling for all it's worth and save $$$$$$$

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Meanwhile, I'm wondering why they placed the volume knob on the passenger side and removed the volume controls on the steering wheel. 🤨