• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Seems VERY trucklike. Not a fan.
Exactly. IMO, I would not even think of swapping/trading or selling a current S550 for THAT monstrosity of an interior package.

If I want a Bronco/F150/Explorer interior, I'll buy one - not retro-fit such and mash it into a Mustang interior.

I see lost sales and destruction of THE Mustang by folks doing design crap like that - who haven't a clue about Mustang heritage and what the buyers and Enthusiasts want.

I have no interest in the Next Gen. Once that exterior camo is revealed, betcha the exterior will be just as bad as the interior.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
At first I was at aweā€¦ now Iā€™m shifting towards ā€˜mehā€™ā€¦

I like the upper half very much. Itā€™s driver oriented and it looks well integrated. Reminds me of my current car. Does it fit in a Mustang thoughā€¦ I donā€™t know. As someone already stated it might be to European. Anyhow, I think it will work and look great.

Unfortunately the bottom half looks awkward and doesnā€™t look well integrated at all. Iā€™m not talking about the vents, Iā€™m talking about everything underneath them.
Seriously what the hell is this?
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 1649690036808

That looks like some aftermarket car stereo from the ā€™90ā€¦ Pioneer called they want their shady ass radio backā€¦
Why is the volume button at the other side of the driver again? And why do these two USB-ports take up so much space? Itā€™s not like Android Auto and Apple Carplay can be used without any cablesā€¦ Why do I need these ports in a MYā€™24 car? Does the car not offer wireless charging and connectivity? I always liked how the S550 had these flips in that position to switch driving mode and other stuff. Why not keeping those? That over there looks like a hugely missed opportunity on basically everything.

Besides, I know itā€™s a pre-production car and materials arenā€™t final but I think the overall interior impression is that it looks cheap. The materials used look cheap and the steering wheel looks indeed clunky. I like the flat bottom but thatā€™s about it. No M/AMG/RS/Cupra style buttons to quickly switch driving modes or the exhaust. Did you notice that in the animation the steering wheel has some sort of aluminum cover in the middle?
Iā€™m sure itā€™s not aluminum as it wouldnā€™t break in case of an emergency but I hope the steering wheel is just black and does not have this white/silver looking cover.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 1649690066381

Anyhow, itā€™s nice to see some new spy shots. Much appreciated. Do I like them? Partiallyā€¦ But the final product might change the first impression quite a bit. Why is the volume button at the other side of the driver again? Well, maybe because the driver never uses those? I rarely do in my BMW as the steering wheel offers everything I need in order to control the infotainment? Why do the materials look cheap? Because they are, this car will never go on sale so why even bother? Maybe Ford offers premium interior options as almost any European brands doā€¦ and most importantly: cheap materials result in cheap customer pricesā€¦ Not for us in the EU but hopefully for everyone who likes a clean car basically without any extra weight or bling bling.

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
It likely functions like every other Ford in that it resets after every drive. You would have to press that button every time to get in the vehicle to disable auto start/stop.
Yeah thatā€™s my experience with it as well. Right now, thatā€™s my wifeā€™s Volvo. Her old Infiniti and Audi did the same.

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So my initial impression of this is lukewarm and I hope I change my mind when it's properly revealed. The displays have been updated but it doesn't excite me like the '18+ refresh. The AC vents have also migrated down a bit. Not terrible like the camaro but I'm not sure I like that change either.

Steering wheel hump looks like it's from the bronco. The difference is I was pumped and excited by the bronco's interior. Damn.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots ord-bronco-4-door-104-1594323463.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0

jayman33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Whatever it comes out to be theres going to be some options to alter, gotta love the aftermarket world!

ramirj2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, 2003 350z, 1978 280z
That infotainment looks to be a arranged like the new BMW I4, a long screen with both digital dash and infotainment (actually 2 joined together to simulate a long one). I like it better as it is arranged on the Plaid with 2 separate screens. As others pointed out materials doesn't seem to be better and overall inside and outside it seems to be a small evolution of a S550 rather than a new car....

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic
Anyone else notice THIS??

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots Screenshot_20220411-082846_Samsung Internet
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots Screenshot_20220411-083122_Samsung Internet

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
I feel like this is a base model in terms of the cockpit switches. The shifter is just a pace holder that wonā€™t be in the final product.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots E1BF8900-961D-46BF-8808-D01F6B15B6D0

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
I like it. Wish they kept more retro cues, but I like the Euro vibes as well. Weā€™ll have to see, but I hope the wheel is smaller as well. The current wheel to me seems too big in diameter for a sports coupe.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
I suspect that people will accidentally push the stop/start button inappropriately when trying to turn the radio on/off. Honestly, it's a silly place for it. It should be moved closer to where the steering column is.