• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
And the volume knob looks awkward without the tune knob to balance it out. Not to mention it’s on the passenger side completely isolated.
Yes, this reminds me of the early Infiniti G35 models, where similar was done. However, this car also was sold in Asia/Japan, and it looks like a cost-saving measure to have one set of controls, and they favoured the overseas models.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots infiniti
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'll take that steering wheel for my Mach 1.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Wow! Not the interior I was expecting..........I like it! First time Mustang has had a "driver orientated" cockpit.
A bit to much BMW for my taste though.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Also getting a feeling that the Mach E front end is going to make an appearance here on this one too.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
My assumption would be that the button means that feature could be turned off. Otherwise, no point in a button, right?
That’s the only good part but I don’t think it should even find it’s way into the car at all

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Looks nice. Hopefully the analog gauges (I have high doubts the S650 will exclusively have digital gauges, nice as that sounds on paper) look similarly appealing.

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 Mustang GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
Looks like a modernized foxbody dashboard at first glance to me.

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT coupe- shadow black -premium -a10 -pp1 -magnaride- active exhaust etc.
Anyone know what the Chinese ? lettering on the central display just above the rt side a/c vent says ?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Man... THAT interior is fugly.

Sorry - but it's like Ford is trying to integrate a Bronco/F150 interior into the Mustang.

THAT is just horrid.

Everything is too damn boxy, the steering wheel is ugly as sin, the display pushed up into the dash and above the... rectangular vents - no thanks. Everything is angular and square? No thanks.

Ford fouled up this one - welcome back Mustang II, history repeats itself.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
From the peeks at what can be seen, it looks more generic, blander, sanitized, and less interesting than the current car. Some call the current car 'retro', but those design elements are part of the Mustang personality and identity. This 7G interior looks like it could be in any car. It doesn't feel like a 'Mustang' (horse logo aside).

So far, just more reasons to keep my current car. No thanks.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Man... THAT interior is fugly.

Sorry - but it's like Ford is trying to integrate a Bronco/F150 interior into the Mustang.

THAT is just horrid.

Everything is too damn boxy, the steering wheel is ugly as sin, the display pushed up into the dash and above the... rectangular vents - no thanks. Everything is angular and square? No thanks.

Ford fouled up this one - welcome back Mustang II, history repeats itself.
Seems VERY trucklike. Not a fan.

If it ends up with a Mach-E front end, it'll be the icing on the cake.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Good thing they taped over the Mustang logo on the steering wheel….wouldn’t want to give it away that we’re looking at a Mustang.
Right, especially with the pony emblem protruding from below the tape anyway. :)

I guess unlike most here (yes, pretty bland), I think the interior is pretty clean looking.

Positives - plethora of physical controls (thank god they didn't go VW fashion), adaptive cruise more obvious externally, cluster modern in style of new Broncos and F150s.

Interior is clean looking, steering wheel looks actually very comfy and hefty (only the functional buttons seem a tad odd).
Honestly, that seems like a good upgrade and could have gone MUCH worse than what we see, I think.

Honestly, I feared they were just going to reuse most plastics and slap that horrendous 15" (or whatever it is) vertical table from Mach-E/Lighting.

I think we're honestly lucky they had some sense in them to not do that.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
oh boy looks they’re going to have start/stop tech in the car based on the button being on the dash. Gotta say I’m not looking forward to that, hopefully it’s an ecoboost feature and not for the v8. Imagine spending thousands on the perfect exhaust for your V8 just for the car to shut off at the light lol.

also I wonder what the star button is for.

And the volume knob looks awkward without the tune knob to balance it out. Not to mention it’s on the passenger side completely isolated.
But hey, if you got a nice exhaust, then you'd get the startup rumble at each stoplight? :) Just kidding, of course I'd defeat it with the button immediately.
But, I think you virtually cant' even sell a car in Europe without that, so it would make sense the Mustang gets it too.
Sponsored