• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Clearly a Ford oval that's taped over on the steering wheel....

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
This is an instant where the saying “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” comes into play. Ford should’ve done at most a light refresh to the interior to improve materials but the s550 interior other than rattles is pretty perfect in my opinion. Exterior both 15-17 and 18+ looks good the only thing the mustang needed was some refreshed aero bits here and there and properly spaced wheels on the outside and maybe some other updates here and there. What needed the biggest refresh was underneath. An improvement in terms of power, weight reduction, traction, chassis, suspension, etc.

Seeing the interior I’m not too excited about the exterior, and I’m starting to think performance might be the same if not worse to meet emissions. Plus all these chunky bits and screens can’t be reducing weight.

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 Mustang GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots Screenshot_20220411-112407_Translate

Chinese prompt - According to google translate

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2020 GT Convertible
I'm seeing at least 3 different cars here. Two have big brake disks and one with smaller disks. Also 3 different wheel types. I doubt they are swapping wheels on the same body. Could be an Eco with the small disk and GT & M1 on the other two?

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots big disk 2.JPG

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots big disk.JPG

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots Small disk.JPG

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
That does not look good at all :crying:

- cheap looking boxy airbag cover :thumbsdown:
- touch screen hvac controls :thumbsdown:
- asymmetrical driver oriented layout :thumbsdown:
- no classic double brow :thumbsdown:
- small fiddely touch buttons replacing the cool toggle switches :thumbsdown:

This looks like a Camaro with rectangular vents instead of round ones.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
I gotta say, I'm really disappointed in that interior. I actually was excited about the next gen, but that interior is a huge swing and miss imho.

Still time to clean it up, but that interior does nothing for me (or the Mustang brand).

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 1649695723587

Ah Yes . . . The Old Pony In The Oval Trick!

Digital Speed Needs to Be Larger For Us Old People! Maybe Allow Us To Scale The Digits.

Probably The Same 12 Inch Display, But Can They Please Offer A Software Option To Display The Map (Preferably With Sat Or Terrain And The Route Showing)?

Don't Really Like The Steering Wheel Buttons. Would Prefer The Rolling Scroll Wheel For Increasing Speed In The Cruise Control. They Also Don't Look Very Good.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Yes, the material choice we see in these photos is very cheap looking. That's on purpose. These are prototypes. I'm 99.9999% sure production materials will be vastly improved. We will likely also have the choice of opting for super plastic for an additional $1200 - $1500, or as the youngsters call it, "carbon fiber".

challengerrtfan

Threads
Reaction score
I had coffee earlier. It didn't wake me up as much as this.

With that said, it's a clear evolution of the outgoing cabin. The only major departure is the placement of the HVAC vents, which I'm not totally a fan of (no pun intended). I may grow to like it overtime, but it's not a dealer breaker by any means. Thanks Jarstang.
Well said. Me too. I perked right ip

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
One can a see a pony button on the center console
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots Screenshot_20220411-190143_Samsung Internet

Also a horse on the wheels in the graphics in the infotainment :)
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots SmartSelect_20220411-190354_Samsung Internet

Looks to be a one big screen, no?
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots Screenshot_20220411-190823_Samsung Internet

The wheel as such does not look nice though :(

Last edited:

challengerrtfan

Threads
Reaction score
Wow….. little too much European sports car vibe and not enough mustang if you ask me…. The double hump dash is as important to the mustang as the Tri Bar tail lights IMO.

That being said, looks like the entertainment system is the new android automotive based (sync 5?) system Ford announced awhile back.
Wondering if the padding about the speedometer etc is hiding a smaller hump above the display? 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored