• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

challengerrtfan

Threads
Reaction score
One can a see a pony button and a start stop button where buttons are in the center console

The wheel as such does not look nice though :(
Anyone know what the pony icon button is for below the entertainment screen?
Sponsored

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
-Mode is moved from the toggles to the left side of the wheel and has Up/Down functionality. (FINALLY)
-Steering is moved from toggle to the right side of the wheel
-Pony is moved from the wheel to the toggles
-Moving 99.9% of HVAC to the screen is not winning me any votes
-Digital screens are a nice improvement, but was hopeful by this gen. they'd use some dual layered screens for a more 3D/premium feel.

I'll reserve judgement until seeing full/finished pics and hoping that parts or trim pieces are missing and that the sections flow cohesively rather than a modular mess of floating shapes.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Negative, looks like a lil horsey to me.
Guess it sort of depends on which pic. Looks horse-ish in one, and oval in others. Has to have the horse....

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Is This A Vert Or A Coupe? Or Just A Longer Flatter Trunk Lid?
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 1649697164619

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
If you were hoping for a better interior, this is not it. Layout is a little more modern but not a lot of charm. Looks like a low 30k car, which of course it is. Im hoping they at least put a hud on it.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I have to say I’m not all that impressed so far. This car seems not very different in design or specs to the current models. You’d think with a new platform it’d get either bigger or smaller. Looks to me it’s exactly the same size. Also, the interior is okay, but losing some of the touches specific to Mustang- just kind of makes it somewhat boring so far. Admittedly, we haven’t seen the car undisguised in Production trim yet, but for what I’m assuming will be a cost increase over the current car and for an all new platform- it just doesn’t seem like a worthy effort. More like what was done with the Fusion before they used the excuse of poor sales to axe it entirely. That what happens when a car stays basically the same for 8 or 9 years in today’s market.
Not sure where you're getting the new platform thing from, it's pretty well known that it will be an evolution of the s550 platform. There were some insane rumors a while ago that it would be using the dc6 platform, but those have been disproven since. The only part I don't like about the design is that rear overhang. I pray to God that's just a camo trick or something.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
So my initial impression of this is lukewarm and I hope I change my mind when it's properly revealed. The displays have been updated but it doesn't excite me like the '18+ refresh. The AC vents have also migrated down a bit. Not terrible like the camaro but I'm not sure I like that change either.

Steering wheel hump looks like it's from the bronco. The difference is I was pumped and excited by the bronco's interior. Damn.

ord-bronco-4-door-104-1594323463.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.jpg
To be fair, when all we had to go on with the bronco's interior/exterior were the spy shotsz everyone hated it. Let's have a little faith.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Between the wheels and interior, looks like they are copying BMW's homework.

2022-bmw-m4-competition-xdrive-coupe-66.jpeg

thumb_356.jpeg

And, while everyone is freaking out over the interior, betting most here glazed over the additional details we can now see in the headlights. See below. The headlights definitely have the "u-shaped" LED elements Jem mentioned - which are also extremely similar to the style several BMWs (including the M4 above) employ.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 1.32.54 PM

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
And, while everyone is freaking out over the interior, betting most here glazed over the additional details we can now see in the headlights. See below. The headlights definitely have the "u-shaped" LED elements Jem mentioned - which are also extremely similar to the style several BMWs (including the M4 above) employ.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 1.32.54 PM.png
Agreed, as I said above, the S650 is Ford's way of attempting to make the Mustang into a 4 Series BMW.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
This is an instant where the saying “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” comes into play. Ford should’ve done at most a light refresh to the interior to improve materials but the s550 interior other than rattles is pretty perfect in my opinion. Exterior both 15-17 and 18+ looks good the only thing the mustang needed was some refreshed aero bits here and there and properly spaced wheels on the outside and maybe some other updates here and there. What needed the biggest refresh was underneath. An improvement in terms of power, weight reduction, traction, chassis, suspension, etc.

Seeing the interior I’m not too excited about the exterior, and I’m starting to think performance might be the same if not worse to meet emissions. Plus all these chunky bits and screens can’t be reducing weight.
I'll be real, I don't understand half the people on this site. Many of them were saying things just like this. That the s550 was almost perfect, and Ford just needed to change a few small things with it. Now that they've made a design that's similar, with what will presumably be a few small improvements, everyone is upset because it's not a radical change.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Which could be a good thing... A less comprehensive G80 with a NA V8 for ~50K... Just don't mess up the front :D
There is an obvious material quality difference between a G80/G82 and everything Ford puts out.

The real competitive analog to the S550 Mustang GT and Mach 1, is a M440i.

I spent $100k for my GT500 CFTP and $100k for my G82 M4. The GT500 still feels like a $35,000 car on the inside.

emrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018, Audi A8L 2019
what's the "STAR" button do I wonder?
That will be probably like the Custom button in Audi. So you can set anything: For example Your driving mode or activate parking camera or Take me home (navigation), etc
Sponsored