• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ 1648614913632

The Original Intent of my Mod, but the 350
Opening and the LE Grille aren’t the same size.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
1648614913632.png

The Original Intent of my Mod, but the 350
Opening and the LE Grille aren’t the same size.
The grille design would be awesome on the Mach 1 too, but it has a unique grille shape too

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
The grille design would be awesome on the Mach 1 too, but it has a unique grille shape too
you'd think someone at Ford would stop screwing with the standard part pattern and just make an inlay that adapted it in the event some designer with entirely too much time on their hands thought it was a good idea to change large openings like this for no good reason. Actually a slap across the head would be better.

All 15-17 GT/15-20 GT350 should all have had common grill size/mounting. Ditto 18+ GT/M1/GT500

Petter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit (2022), Mustang Mach-E (2021)
parallel to CX727 Mach E
Interesting post! This may be perceived as a silly question, but still: What does the code (?) CX727 stand for?

In addition: As a Mustang Mach-E owner - and new to the Mustang brand - I'm very excited by this discussion of design elements on the Mach-E. I would be thrilled if you would take the time to elaborate on where you would place the Mach-E in the design history of the Mustang brand.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
To me the general shape of the back looks like a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The hood doesn't even look like it fits on that render. I hope it does NOT look like this.
Why not, 7 years of the S550 and we're already used to the factory body panel misalignments and huge gaps.... IF it looks like THAT, then no one can bitch about QC anymore, it will just be naturally "gapped"...
:devil:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Side front profile on s650 the more i see, the more i like!

A much more sophisticated look, still shark / snake like imagery to me. Thats how i have always viewed the front profile. Its got some aggressiveness there while its an obvious evolution of what we have now

Think mach 1, remove the raised headlight angles on the top edge.. S650, flatter top and bottom lines to head lifts.. Complex 3 elements/inserts inside

Bottom airdam similar to mach 1 with fog light cutouts / air intakes, mach e like opening grille with a very well worked contrast bumper insert between headlights/grille and lower bumper

Yes i said i was a little disappointed, i think i still am as i was wanting a bit more overt aggression.. But I'm sure these will work great in person and in the metal
sounds lik a description of the dark horse? Especially with the “insert under headlights” description.

pretty hard to describe, but now with hindsight, this was very accurate.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Came back to this topic to take a look at the Mustang sketches of the Mach-E presentation. Tell me what you want, these sketches were definitely some early S650 designs. The whole sharp-edged rearend with big diffusor on both sketches, the big crease on the lower part of the door on the 2nd sketch, they match really good. Even the wheels on the 2nd sketch have some similarities
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ mustangleak
Sponsored