• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
Another topic: Seems like Ford is really cutting options for europe again.

Brake colors are limited to Black and Red, no Grabber Blue or Silver.

Couldn't find specific details on that, but it seems like dark and bronze emblems are not coming too.

Dark Horse handling package and carbon wheels seems are not available here too.
And the new interiors like space grey, carmine red, white recaros...? I can't understand why we don't get the brake colors.

Yes very aware of what we got in previous models of the S550 in e.g. EU and AU.

I saw it in the release information here in Sweden.
So I am hoping that this time around we will get. In previous releases it the never was mentioned that Torsen was part of the PP/Bullitt/Mach 1 but for the the S650 it is mentioned.

Let's keep our fingers crossed :)
What was the problem with the Torsen in Europe?
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
And the new interiors like space grey, carmine red, white recaros...? I can't understand why we don't get the brake colors.

What was the problem with the Torsen in Europe?
We have upon until now not got the Torsen, it's a bit unclear on why that is. If it is due to licensing or something else...

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
Yes very aware of what we got in previous models of the S550 in e.g. EU and AU.

I saw it in the release information here in Sweden.
So I am hoping that this time around we will get. In previous releases it the never was mentioned that Torsen was part of the PP/Bullitt/Mach 1 but for the the S650 it is mentioned.

Let's keep our fingers crossed :)
Did they only mention the torsen (and assuming 3.73) in relation to the dark horse or was the GT also included (as its also part of the PP pack that export cars get)

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Did they only mention the torsen (and assuming 3.73) in relation to the dark horse or was the GT also included (as its also part of the PP pack that export cars get)
For Gen 6 in the US performance package models got the 3.73 axle ratio and the Mach 1 got the Torsen diff on top. For Europe they cut that completely, so you never are able to get the 3.73 and are stuck with the 3.55 in the manuals, even in the Mach 1, and you don't get the torsten in the Mach 1 too. This made the EU manuals painfully slow (bascially 5+ seconds to 60 cars), especially with the already horrible gearing where you reach vmax in 4th gear since the 2018 refresh.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
For Gen 6 in the US performance package models got the 3.73 axle ratio and the Mach 1 got the Torsen diff on top.
PP1, PP2 and Mach 1 all have a 3.73 axle ratio with a Torsen Diff in US. We on the other hand in EU only get 3.55 TrackLoc diff. And I'm sure we will get the same this time again. Basically I doubt anything will change regarding performance in S650 model.

Reactions: Ace

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
The 3.55 ratio in the EU spec cars undoubtedly has to do with the need to hit an emission target.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The 3.55 ratio in the EU spec cars undoubtedly has to do with the need to hit an emission target.
Other cars like the C8 meet their emission target with GPF without such downgrades. I think it still might be part of the first EU model draft where they really cheaped out on everything not knowing if the car will do well.

At least for now the Torsen Diff and Tremec for DH are both listed in german and english press announcement for the EU Gen 7. Let's hope it's not an error.
Don't know about interior colors. Yeah brake colors doesn't even make sense, cars are produced in the same line. Doesn't make any difference if they throw on silver or grabber brake pads for US or EU models.

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
Other cars like the C8 meet their emission target with GPF without such downgrades. I think it still might be part of the first EU model draft where they really cheaped out on everything not knowing if the car will do well.

At least for now the Torsen Diff and Tremec for DH are both listed in german and english press announcement for the EU Gen 7. Let's hope it's not an error.

Don't know about interior colors. Yeah brake colors doesn't even make sense, cars are produced in the same line. Doesn't make any difference if they throw on silver or grabber brake pads for US or EU models.
Thanks that answers my question the torsen is only listed for the Dark horse at this stage not the GT

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Thanks that answers my question the torsen is only listed for the Dark horse at this stage not the GT
Oh you are right, Torsen is mentioned for the DH only. If that's true combined with the Tremec you should always option for the EU DH instead of GT if you want a manual.

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
Oh you are right, Torsen is mentioned for the DH only. If that's true combined with the Tremec you should always option for the EU DH instead of GT if you want a manual.
in the Spanish press release it also mentions the Torsen for Dark Horse (I think it's the same for all of Europe). By the way, the press release mentions that DH got Pirelli P Zero tires, not the Trofeo RS , and blue Brembo.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the Spanish press release it also mentions the Torsen for Dark Horse (I think it's the same for all of Europe). By the way, the press release mentions that DH got Pirelli P Zero tires, not the Trofeo RS , and blue Brembo.
The Trofeo RS tires are for the Track Pack which will not be available in Europe sadly. So again rim/tire sizes in Europe will be limited to 255/40/19 and 275/40/19 which is annoying.

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
The Trofeo RS tires are for the Track Pack which will not be available in Europe sadly. So again rim/tire sizes in Europe will be limited to 255/40/19 and 275/40/19 which is annoying.
Do you know the performance of these P Zero? It’s a new model or the same that 15-18 Mustang? The Michelin Pilot Sport are excellent tires, it’s a pity that have been changed.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know the performance of these P Zero? It’s a new model or the same that 15-18 Mustang? The Michelin Pilot Sport are excellent tires, it’s a pity that have been changed.
The 15-17 PZero's were 300 TW (I know as I still drive on mine). There are so many versions on the P Zero that is very hard to tell if they will be faster than the previous model as there are P Zero's ranging from 320 TW all the way down to 220 TW.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It's possible S650 will still come with Michelins to Europe/ROW...........the US Performance Pack reverted to Pirellis a couple of years back, but ours still came with Michelins.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Few thoughts on the Torsen thing (and 3.73 gear). When I learned that the export Mach 1 did not have a Torsen diff (with 3.73 gear), but an LSD with 3.55 gear I was a bit disappointed, but since there was not really any other choice I did not hesitate and got one anyway. My thoughts were I could swap it eventually if it really bothered me (or just out of curiosity once I wear down the original diff).

After 2.500 km with the 3.55 LSD I have no desire to do so. I understand the functional difference or the impact from the different gear ratio on the dynamics, but I do not have a really need for it. I do not need to have the gears "shorter" on my Tremec, they are actually perfectly fine as they are.

I can imagine that on MT-82D4 the situation might be quite different, but right now, for me, 3.73 Torsen diff on Mach 1 is something from the same category as the HP spoilers, tires or suspension. They find their use in a particular application, but for the normal driving they could be a nuisance as well as an advantage.
Sponsored