• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Depreciation??? (Not Including Dark Horse)

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F-150
With how expensive these cars are getting , (i.e a fully loaded PP, magneride, Active exhuast, 401A car going for + 60K) what do we think the depreciation will be on these in a year or two? Buying a 60K mustang, two years later is the same car going to be worth45K with 20K miles?

I can't imagine a regular Joe Shmo is going to buy a 60K mustang besides an enthusiast. I think ford is going to have to provide discounts below MSRP to get people outside the enthusiast to buy a car like that.

What is everyones thoughts? Will depreciation hit these cars hard? Or are they holding their value? No garage queens, driving 10-12K miles a year. Obviously Dark horses will hold their value better than a GT.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With how expensive these cars are getting , (i.e a fully loaded PP, magneride, Active exhuast, 401A car going for + 60K) what do we think the depreciation will be on these in a year or two? Buying a 60K mustang, two years later is the same car going to be worth45K with 20K miles?

I can't imagine a regular Joe Shmo is going to buy a 60K mustang besides an enthusiast. I think ford is going to have to provide discounts below MSRP to get people outside the enthusiast to buy a car like that.

What is everyones thoughts? Will depreciation hit these cars hard? Or are they holding their value? No garage queens, driving 10-12K miles a year. Obviously Dark horses will hold their value better than a GT.
The reason I bring this up, is I see F-150s getting so expensive that dealers are now discounting them 5-10K off MSRP now. I know it is apples to oranges, but still something to consider.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Hasn’t been the case since Covid.

Most people are selling their used cars for MSRP still.
The whole reason I ordered a S650 is S550 guys all wanted 40 grand or more for their old ass high mileage cars.

Just the new world… you’re more likely to see appreciated values, esp if this is it for the gas 5.0

Reactions: JAL
OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The whole reason I ordered a S650 is S550 guys all wanted 40 grand or more for their old ass high mileage cars.

Just the new world… you’re more likely to see appreciated values, esp if this is it for the gas 5.0
This is not the last year for the 5.0. Likely run through 2028 is what I've seen

Cindy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP DIB
I recently got a wholesale offer of $28k for my 2016 GT with 65k miles. I paid $36k new (A plan of $40k sticker). So in almost 8 years, hasn't even gotten below 50%. Retail seems to be 28-30k. I plan to keep the 650 at least as long, so I am sure I will feel I got my value out of it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1

And they all seem to sell -interestingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAL

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I'm wondering too in case I might want to trade in on the midcycle refresh or hi-po model later on. In reality I drove a car I didn't even want to drive for 12 years and counting via a Chevy Cruze so I'm sure I will get my money out of the ownership experience out of this car either way. I doubt I would trade up more than once while we still have a V8 option. Even if I lose out financially some on trading up later on, it doesn't matter a whole lot because once the V8 or manual transmission leaves I'm done buying new cars anyways.

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm wondering too in case I might want to trade in on the midcycle refresh or hi-po model later on. In reality I drove a car I didn't even want to drive for 12 years and counting via a Chevy Cruze so I'm sure I will get my money out of the ownership experience out of this car either way. I doubt I would trade up more than once while we still have a V8 option. Even if I lose out financially some on trading up later on, it doesn't matter a whole lot because once the V8 or manual transmission leaves I'm done buying new cars anyways.
I am not concerned about my retail value as much as my purchase price. If I can save 5-6 by buying a 1 yr old used car with 10-15K miles, I would highly consider it. New fully loaded Lariat F-150s easily MSRP at 75K, yet you can find them used with 15K miles for 57-60K.

I know the mustang wont see that much of a differential, but something to consider given the economy we are strapped with.
Sponsored