• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Given they keep the line up at 2.3t, 3.5tt, 5.0, what would be the price range of the 3.5tt, would the 5.0 go up?
geez an "article" of outdated, pure speculation from half a year ago?

I doubt the 3.5TT will be in the mustang. It would be nice but would require far more insight by the marketing department than they are capable of. I don't know what the differences are vis-a-vis the 2.7TT, 3.0TT and 3.5TT but they'll pick from whatever is most convenient. If the 3.5TT comes over it'll be more expensive than the 5.0, by probably the same amount as is currently offered in the F150 (about $600). The 3.5TT might well stomp all over the 5.0 but one thing Ford won't do is cut the 5.0 from the lineup.
Sponsored

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
geez an "article" of outdated, pure speculation from half a year ago?

I doubt the 3.5TT will be in the mustang. It would be nice but would require far more insight by the marketing department than they are capable of. I don't know what the differences are vis-a-vis the 2.7TT, 3.0TT and 3.5TT but they'll pick from whatever is most convenient. If the 3.5TT comes over it'll be more expensive than the 5.0, by probably the same amount as is currently offered in the F150 (about $600). The 3.5TT might well stomp all over the 5.0 but one thing Ford won't do is cut the 5.0 from the lineup.
I get the "speculation" part but it was released May 2020, so idk where you got "form half a year ago". NovaGT pointed out that it was not a Ford source, that of which I was not aware of. MY BAD.

I wasnt trying to upset anyone. Just talk about some potential....thats all...

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Man I really hope they throw the 3.5 Ecoboost in the lineup as an alternative to the GT. It literally has the potential to be leagues better than the V8 especially with it's torque numbers. It would also lose weight too. I could easily see it being a 3.5 second car. I think it'd be the best thing for the Mustang. I know the sound won't be the best but I'd compromise. Let's hope
If they do end up putting the 3.5TT, I wonder how many ppl would chose it over the 2.3 or GT. Id like to know the price. I just hope, regardless of the engine, that they DONT keep adding more weight. I was hoping they would just replace the 2.3T with at least the 2.7TT, which also makes some good TORQUE, but still keeping it "under" the 5.0..

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Probably will. But hope springs eternal. The S550 was supposed to be smaller and lighter than the S197, but Ford couldn't help itself.
If they could take it back to 3400 lb, thatd be great LOL
I thought I read (here, I think...and potentially also as speculation) that the S650 was going to ride on a heavily revised version of whatever the S550 is on right now, and that the CD6 would be for what comes after the S650.

As for the potential powertrain choices...maybe the V6 option is coming back to slowly lure people away from the I-4? Like 2015-2017 but in reverse? The V8 AWD hybrid intrigues me the most, but I think I'd have to be making serious income if I'm going to be able to afford that as my next daily driver.
The CD6 platform if not mistaken.
I think that platform includes 2.3, 3.3 hybrid v6, 3.0 v6. All making a 380 -415 lb-ft, and 365 -400 hp. Still not bad.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
TT 3.5 over Coyote provides what significant benefit? Unless power numbers are substantially increased, and that means the 3.5 is the top-of-the line motor, what is the point if you have 2 motors with comparable performance numbers? Increased torque? For boat towers?

If Ford puts the GT's ecoboost in a Mustang GT, I'd go along with that ;-)

If there is a 5.0 Hybrid, would a manual trans work with that set-up?

FYI - bored at work waiting for something to do.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
TT 3.5 over Coyote provides what significant benefit?
options to get more buyers by any means necessary. The 3.5TT will have more torque and a wider band, the 5.0 will have more HP and the sound. Ford sells a butt load of 5.0 and 3.5TT in the F150 and nobody gives a damn which motor is "supreme" or the designated "top dog". Get real.

If there is a 5.0 Hybrid, would a manual trans work with that set-up?
Could it work, of course. Will they make the effort? Doubtful. With an A10 the driver is just a passenger so the computers can talk amongst themselves and coordinate activities. With the M6 the electric motor side is reactive. Software programmers hate that. They are control freaks. Plus it's easier to coordinate multiple systems when you're the only ring master.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Even if the S650 only winds up with the I-4's and V8's again, it got me thinking. With all the advancements made with optimizing fuel economy, why hasn't anyone tried going back to making a lower powered V8 and promoting that as the entry-level "gatekeeper" to the full-muscle variants of these muscle cars?

(I'm definitely no engine expert or anything internal with cars, so my guess would be due to emissions, increased weight without performance gains, and still not being able to get at least EcoBoost-levels of fuel economy without some type of hybrid setup.)

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even if the S650 only winds up with the I-4's and V8's again, it got me thinking. With all the advancements made with optimizing fuel economy, why hasn't anyone tried going back to making a lower powered V8 and promoting that as the entry-level "gatekeeper" to the full-muscle variants of these muscle cars?

(I'm definitely no engine expert or anything internal with cars, so my guess would be due to emissions, increased weight without performance gains, and still not being able to get at least EcoBoost-levels of fuel economy without some type of hybrid setup.)
Dodge does it with the 5.7. The 6.4 is basically just a stroked 5.7. They make their mpg number with cylinder deactivation (which I deactivated).

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Dodge does it with the 5.7. The 6.4 is basically just a stroked 5.7. They make their mpg number with cylinder deactivation (which I deactivated).
I guess if we're being technical, the 5.0 would be considered the gateway to the GT350 and GT500...or the Mach 1 and GT500 starting with the 2021 models.

But I was thinking more of a V8-engined vehicle that serves as the gateway to the GT. Although, now thinking about it, maybe having two V8 options for a Mustang might be redundant? Even if it was the more "fuel-economical" version to the GT (haha, V8 and fuel economy), I don't think there'd be enough incentive to buy what would essentially be a detuned GT. Which is probably why the V6 and I-4 exist(ed), to give the Mustang variety and spice engine/powertrain/driving-experience wise.

Still, the idea of making a V8 in this day and age with (at minimum) EcoBoost fuel economy (hybrid or not)...wouldn't that be something? (Easy response: Yes, and that something would be "It's not a [real] Mustang. :curse:")

Bonus Question: If the 5.0 is called the Coyote, what would a smaller V8 likely be called? (Maybe Pitbull, Chihuahua, or Shih Tzu?)

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess if we're being technical, the 5.0 would be considered the gateway to the GT350 and GT500...or the Mach 1 and GT500 starting with the 2021 models.

But I was thinking more of a V8-engined vehicle that serves as the gateway to the GT. Although, now thinking about it, maybe having two V8 options for a Mustang might be redundant? Even if it was the more "fuel-economical" version to the GT (haha, V8 and fuel economy), I don't think there'd be enough incentive to buy what would essentially be a detuned GT. Which is probably why the V6 and I-4 exist(ed), to give the Mustang variety and spice engine/powertrain/driving-experience wise.

Still, the idea of making a V8 in this day and age with (at minimum) EcoBoost fuel economy (hybrid or not)...wouldn't that be something? (Easy response: Yes, and that something would be "It's not a [real] Mustang. :curse:")

Bonus Question: If the 5.0 is called the Coyote, what would a smaller V8 likely be called? (Maybe Pitbull, Chihuahua, or Shih Tzu?)
Fox!

S650 Mustang Report: Next gen S650 Mustang will have full 8 year life cycle SpicyAgitatedEastrussiancoursinghounds-size_restricted

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

Jaguar have with the F-Type. Replaced the 3.0V6 with a detuned version of the 5.0 supercharged V8

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe that's just in the UK........in the US, they still have the V6 option.

I wanna see the first S650 mule :bandit::camera:
Confirmed. The base model is also a turbo 2 liter...for $60k. No wonder they never want to play with me. To get Coyote numbers, you need to drop 6-figures. May as well buy a GT500 at that point. Why does anyone buy non-Mustang's?