• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Re-ordering my car

notacarguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2024 Mustang GT Premium NPP, PP
As the name suggests, I'm not a car guy. I've loved mustangs since I was a kid, but I'm still fairly young and inexperienced when it comes to the real world, so... what better time to buy a car? Anyway, being not a car guy, I kinda just rushed into ordering one when I finally made the decision I was going to do so. I ordered essentially a base GT w/ NPP, however, I figured if I'm spending this much already, I might as well go all in. If I were to call my dealership, would I need to cancel my order and re-order? Or could my salesman edit my order? I should note that my car is scheduled to be built the week of 9/18, and doesn't have a window sticker yet. Just looking for someone smarter than me to fill me in on the details of how this all works. Thanks.
Sponsored

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If your car has a VIN, you are too late. If it does not, then get on the horn with your dealer and build your dream car!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
If your car has a VIN, you are too late. If it does not, then get on the horn with your dealer and build your dream car!
Not true.

You can make changes up until the time it goes into production.

Source: I was able to make a change after receiving my VIN.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
You should be able to edit. May push your schedule but who knows anymore? Just make sure to double check your new order sheet

OP
OP

notacarguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the feedback y'all! Just emailed my dealer. We'll see!

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ā€˜22 Maverick, ā€˜23 Escape
After you a VIN you cannot change anything that impacts the VIN (e.g. engine).

Once it goes into production, you canā€˜t change anything.

Between those you can try. Color is easy. Options are doable, but could impact the schedule date (i.e. could put it on hold until a slot with the options opens up). So depending on the option it might push out your production date.

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I had to reorder due to an error made by my dealer. I was told then that once the Window Sticker generates, you are unable to modify (once it goes into "production" status). Either way, I strongly suggest exercising patience and ordering the final version that you truly want. If not, you will be constantly obsessing about the items you don't have, instead of enjoying the customized car you truly want. That's why I decided to start over, give up 90-120 days, and reorder. Hope that helps your cause.

ryannshit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands / '22 Bronco Outer Banks
I wish I ordered a base GT w/ NP package. We should just trade @notacarguy šŸ˜‚

My order just shipped sometime this week and I really enjoy working on my own mods/upgrades

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Not true.

You can make changes up until the time it goes into production.

Source: I was able to make a change after receiving my VIN.
Certain changes. You canā€™t change major things like convertible vs coupe. And you might not be able to add the performance package or go from 300a to 400/401A

OP
OP

notacarguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted to add the performance package and active valve performance exhaust. My dealer has yet to get back to me but from what y'all have said, I'm hoping it won't be too much of a problem. I'd be okay with pushing the production date back or even having to cancel and reorder, as @JohnP said, I'd rather wait to get the car I want than get the car I don't.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I wanted to add the performance package and active valve performance exhaust. My dealer has yet to get back to me but from what y'all have said, I'm hoping it won't be too much of a problem. I'd be okay with pushing the production date back or even having to cancel and reorder, as @JohnP said, I'd rather wait to get the car I want than get the car I don't.
Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Either way, it will be another good data point for future reference.

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible
As the name suggests, I'm not a car guy. I've loved mustangs since I was a kid, but I'm still fairly young and inexperienced when it comes to the real world, so... what better time to buy a car? Anyway, being not a car guy, I kinda just rushed into ordering one when I finally made the decision I was going to do so. I ordered essentially a base GT w/ NPP, however, I figured if I'm spending this much already, I might as well go all in. If I were to call my dealership, would I need to cancel my order and re-order? Or could my salesman edit my order? I should note that my car is scheduled to be built the week of 9/18, and doesn't have a window sticker yet. Just looking for someone smarter than me to fill me in on the details of how this all works. Thanks.
What day did you order yours? My build date is the week of September 18 too. I ordered mine on June 24. I don't have the window sticker yet either.