• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Re-ordering my car

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
I have a VIN and a production date, 9/25, but I changed the color of my brakes without an issue
Sponsored

OP
OP

notacarguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2024 Mustang GT Premium NPP, PP
Update for anyone wondering, both my dealer and ford told me that once my car has a VIN, I cannot get the performance package or active exhaust. Disappointing, but it looks like my only option is to cancel and re-order. Still asking my dealer if there are any other options.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
As the name suggests, I'm not a car guy. I've loved mustangs since I was a kid, but I'm still fairly young and inexperienced when it comes to the real world, so... what better time to buy a car? Anyway, being not a car guy, I kinda just rushed into ordering one when I finally made the decision I was going to do so. I ordered essentially a base GT w/ NPP, however, I figured if I'm spending this much already, I might as well go all in. If I were to call my dealership, would I need to cancel my order and re-order? Or could my salesman edit my order? I should note that my car is scheduled to be built the week of 9/18, and doesn't have a window sticker yet. Just looking for someone smarter than me to fill me in on the details of how this all works. Thanks.
your gt with np is already scheduled.... fucking lucky. When did you order?

My dealer told me I could change options easily, but mine hasn't been scheduled yet.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I ordered on June 22nd.
This is fucking ridiculous. I ordered a gt with NP way before this and mines not scheduled yet. I've about had it. Don't know where they get their selections from. I know mines been allocated as well.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Update for anyone wondering, both my dealer and ford told me that once my car has a VIN, I cannot get the performance package or active exhaust. Disappointing, but it looks like my only option is to cancel and re-order. Still asking my dealer if there are any other options.
Minus my frustration rant, both the performance pack and active exhaust are pointless anyways and a total waste of money.

The performance is fine if you plan to track it consistently, but otherwise pointless, and you can just mod it yourself. It also gives you summer only tires, which is stupid af, so you'll be buying a new set of tires if you daily it either way.

As for the active exhaust, pointless for anyone that doesn't need a quiet mode. If you want a nice loud exhaust just get one yourself, the active is worse than almost every aftermarket exhaust system out there.

I wouldn't reorder if those 2 packages are what you wanted to change.

OP
OP

notacarguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
your gt with np is already scheduled.... fucking lucky. When did you order?

My dealer told me I could change options easily, but mine hasn't been scheduled yet.
I ordered on 6/22/23. Got the email that I was scheduled for production on 7/13/23. Originally was scheduled for 9/25/23 but has since dropped to 9/18/23.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I ordered on 6/22/23. Got the email that I was scheduled for production on 7/13/23. Originally was scheduled for 9/25/23 but has since dropped to 9/18/23.
That's crazy. Mine's been ordered since the first week of june and no sight of scheduling any time soon. Yours got scheduled in less than a month. Idek.

@Stratman397 you see this shit?

OP
OP

notacarguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minus my frustration rant, both the performance pack and active exhaust are pointless anyways and a total waste of money.

The performance is fine if you plan to track it consistently, but otherwise pointless, and you can just mod it yourself. It also gives you summer only tires, which is stupid af, so you'll be buying a new set of tires if you daily it either way.

As for the active exhaust, pointless for anyone that doesn't need a quiet mode. If you want a nice loud exhaust just get one yourself, the active is worse than almost every aftermarket exhaust system out there.

I wouldn't reorder if those 2 packages are what you wanted to change.
I appreciate the insight, I'll take your advice. Hope you get a schedule date soon. Didn't realize how many people didn't have one.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Not true.

You can make changes up until the time it goes into production.

Source: I was able to make a change after receiving my VIN.
I have a build date September 15, but no vin or window sticker.
The auto workers voted yes for a strike.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I wanted to add the performance package and active valve performance exhaust. My dealer has yet to get back to me but from what y'all have said, I'm hoping it won't be too much of a problem. I'd be okay with pushing the production date back or even having to cancel and reorder, as @JohnP said, I'd rather wait to get the car I want than get the car I don't.
Instead of emailing them, call or if you are close enough, go to the dealers so you make sure right changes get made

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Where in SC are you? We are near Clemson
I used to live in Greenville, SC and my daughter graduated from Clemson and her sister University of South Carolina

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate the insight, I'll take your advice. Hope you get a schedule date soon. Didn't realize how many people didn't have one.
We have active exhaust(I love it) and we have the Performance package. If you want a spoiler, it only comes with performance package. Go to ford and build your 2024. Then you can see what you get with each. There actually may be one already built like the one you want and on a lot

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used to live in Greenville, SC and my daughter graduated from Clemson and her sister University of South Carolina
Awesome! We are gamecock fans. We live 10 min from seneca( have seneca address) and 10 min from Clemson. Love it here. We have been down here since 1986
Don’t ever see me moving

OP
OP

notacarguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Instead of emailing them, call or if you are close enough, go to the dealers so you make sure right changes get made
The car is already built and being shipped as we speak (or so they say). To answer your other questions, I currently live in Clemson attending university there (though I ordered from a dealer in Hardeeville SC, the closest one back home). And for my favorite news, there was one already on a lot in Nebraska that had everything I wanted! I have a deposit down on it and it was scheduled to arrive the 22nd-28th and hasn't arrived yet, but with the scheduled arrival date already passed, I'm hoping it'll be there soon. I don't feel too bad about backing out of the one I ordered because my salesman ignored 80% of the emails I sent him.

Edit: I say on a lot, I should say being shipped to a lot.
Sponsored