• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My experience ordering the S650! How was/is yours?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I’m in Ontario, Canada. I went to my dealership and found out I’m first on the list for a mustang. My dealer has one allocated to them at the moment, this one will be mine. So I ordered my spec I wanted and the best part was the dealer gave me a discount of $1,340.00 CAD. That was super nice of them. Then they showed me what they see in the system for that allocation. Shows it’ll be in production anywhere from May 1-29th. And delivery should be June. Fingers crossed. How was your experience???
I am assuming no mustang yet?
Sponsored

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Admittedly, I'm probably not as patient as I once was. Being at the far end of life's journey has probably contributed to that. Have a great day. :)
Right behind you, but I try to think of myself as being in my 30’s or 40’s since they went by so fast. But the mirror tells me differently. Damn mirrors

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oblivious is me. Lol
of course I still clean houses, love doing that. Only thing wrong with me, besides my mouth getting me in to trouble, is my right shoulder and left knee. get Those fixed, I will be as good as new

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
My experience ordering a S650 Mustang has been terrible / 10 and it's hard to watch a company you love repeatedly botch basic communications.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I went to my dealer & told them I wanted to order a 2024 Mustang GT with the 401A PACKAGE.
I set down with the Sales Associate.
He filled out my order. I signed it. Test drove a GT .
That was all.
No money down & they will be in touch.
Ordered on February 19, 2024.
Excellent Customer Service.
Update,
The salesman sent me a message today saying my order was in the Order Bank.
What ever that means?

Last edited:

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
I live in eastern Canada. Went into the local Ford dealership on Dec 18 and placed an order for a GT convertible with 401A, auto, and AVE. Salesman told me that it would likely arrive sometime in May, but no guarantee. Went into see the salesman on Jan. 10 for an update. He had no update on my order.

Went back to see the salesman on Feb 20 For an update. He checked the computer and said he would have to talk to their “order guy” and asked me to come back in the next day - Feb 21. I went back to the dealer the following morning, planning to walk away if they could not give me an update.

I met the salesman in the office - he advised me that my car was built and enroute to the dealer. The order number had been changed, and he had been checking the wrong order number. The day before, the old order number had come back as cancelled, but he wanted to talk to the order guy before telling me. The order guy had texted him the proper information the evening before.

The order guy had given him the new order number and gave me the VIN of the car. With the order number and VIN, I was able to access the order summary. Looks like I will have the car in 2 to 3 weeks, much earlier than I thought I would have it.

I walked into the office in a foul mood and left elated.
S650 Mustang My experience ordering the S650! How was/is yours? 2024 Mustang ShippedBL

LOTO1953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT On Oder
Worst experience ever from the first sales jockey…. just kept saying “too busy” to get together today and this went on for over a week.
Second dealer had everything done in less than an hour and I got my initial email from Ford the next day thanking me for the order and explaining the process.

Hendu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium (On Order) in Atlas Blue
Worst experience ever from the first sales jockey…. just kept saying “too busy” to get together today and this went on for over a week.
Second dealer had everything done in less than an hour and I got my initial email from Ford the next day thanking me for the order and explaining the process.
The first place I reached out to was near my work and convenient. I got the sales person’s voice mail (it was lunch time) so I left a message. I said I’m putting an order in, so it was clearly a guaranteed sale. That was almost a month ago and I still haven’t heard from them.

I called another place at the end of that first day, the sales person had all info to me within 30 minutes and I stopped in two days later to put the order in with no issues. Had my Ford email before I got home. Needless to say, I’m glad I contacted someone else.
Sponsored