• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What was your online Tracking Experience?

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
My car's current status says BUILT on 9/14/23 and the Window Sticker is no longer accessible online (it has been previously available for a couple of weeks). I am a bit surprised that it's taking this long to ship to the dealer. I am hoping to have it by 10/19/23, as I have a trip planned to pick up the car in Nashville and then drive it home on a short road trip. If it's not ready by 10/14 for pick up, I'll have reschedule my flight and hotel plans.

So, I am curious to hear from those who ordered and received their new Mustangs. How long did you have to wait between Built status and pickup from the dealership?
Sponsored

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
I think the tracker could use some improvement. I updated to in production 9/27, but have never been able to see the widow sticker. Got a copy from my dealer. Scheduled for build 10/11. I talked with suport about the window sticker—absolutely no help.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford Track was a general idea of what is going on, at best.

Niko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT
My car's current status says BUILT on 9/14/23 and the Window Sticker is no longer accessible online (it has been previously available for a couple of weeks). I am a bit surprised that it's taking this long to ship to the dealer. I am hoping to have it by 10/19/23, as I have a trip planned to pick up the car in Nashville and then drive it home on a short road trip. If it's not ready by 10/14 for pick up, I'll have reschedule my flight and hotel plans.

So, I am curious to hear from those who ordered and received their new Mustangs. How long did you have to wait between Built status and pickup from the dealership?
Mine was built on 9/8 and was at the dealership on 10/1, I'm in California though.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Anyone got any tracker updates this week or last? My blend date on my window sticker is today, but I saw someone say their build pushed out a week. My tracker says it was last updated on 9/29 so trying to figure out if I’m still safe for it to complete build this week. Guess I’ll reach out in chat.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
The tracker appears to be useless....
Agreed. As was the chat rep in my case today. I was given only a canned response saying it was “in production” with no timeline for completion based on supply chain, blah blah blah. She said my next update would be that it was awaiting shipment but had no ETA.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Does the tracker only get updated on Thursdays? My last update was on 9/29, and seems like I’ve seen several people mention updates on Thursdays in previous weeks.

Phrawst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium DMG PP
Does the tracker only get updated on Thursdays? My last update was on 9/29, and seems like I’ve seen several people mention updates on Thursdays in previous weeks.
From what I've read, scheduling is done on Thursdays but other updates happen as they occur. I got the scheduled to a build week update on a Thursday, but then "In production" popped green last Monday and yesterday the "In Production" bubble got a date (10/16 - blend date from sticker).

One thing I noticed is the last modified date bouncing around with no change to the visual tracker. Just recently the last modified date changed on 10/9, 10/11, 10/13, 10/16, and now 10/17.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far I would have to say online tracking is a POS. Ordered 8/12, picked up for production on 8/17, email received, tracker active— so far so good. Scheduled for production on 9/29, to be built week of 10/9 no window sticker available. 9/30 needed to go to my dealer for quick lane oil change on my F-150. Sales manager printed me a copy of my window sticker, blend date 10/11, also printed my window sticker using ford direct. As of this morning 10/17, tracker still showing in production, and no window sticker. Was down at my dealer 10/13, he pulled up my order, build started 10/11, completed 10/12, and he was able to show me where the car was sitting waiting for the truck to pick it up and bring it here. According to his site estimated delivery 1st week in November. But he commented deliveries are coming sooner than their anticipated date. Absolutely nothing has been updated on the tracker since 9/29.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
So far I would have to say online tracking is a POS. Ordered 8/12, picked up for production on 8/17, email received, tracker active— so far so good. Scheduled for production on 9/29, to be built week of 10/9 no window sticker available. 9/30 needed to go to my dealer for quick lane oil change on my F-150. Sales manager printed me a copy of my window sticker, blend date 10/11, also printed my window sticker using ford direct. As of this morning 10/17, tracker still showing in production, and no window sticker. Was down at my dealer 10/13, he pulled up my order, build started 10/11, completed 10/12, and he was able to show me where the car was sitting waiting for the truck to pick it up and bring it here. According to his site estimated delivery 1st week in November. But he commented deliveries are coming sooner than their anticipated date. Absolutely nothing has been updated on the tracker since 9/29.
Same for me! My blend date was 10/10 and nothing. Chat is no better, either. They don’t have anything different than what the tracker has. I simply don’t feel like bugging my dealer every day asking for updates. According to my dealer, mine was in final assembly on Thursday of last week but had to go to get vinyl stripes before being complete. Chat rep said it had a secondary status of body shop (first step in production). That is obviously wrong.

Update: My dealer just reached out to let me know my car was still in production. I'm guessing there must be some kind of production delay, because it went from supposedly being in final assembly last Thursday to now not SHIPPING to me until 11/8, three weeks away. Still no ETA listed, so looks like this may turn into a Thanksgiving present. Thank goodness I live in Texas!

Last edited:

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same for me! My blend date was 10/10 and nothing. Chat is no better, either. They don’t have anything different than what the tracker has. I simply don’t feel like bugging my dealer every day asking for updates. According to my dealer, mine was in final assembly on Thursday of last week but had to go to get vinyl stripes before being complete. Chat rep said it had a secondary status of body shop (first step in production). That is obviously wrong.
I hear ya. 1st time I asked for the sticker I was there for an oil change, production date I needed to drop off a Ford Performance strut tower brace to be installed when the car comes in. I was able to get a better price online. This is the 3rd vehicle I have purchased from them in 4 years, so we have gotten to know each other fairly well. Also agreed to match Grangers price on extended warranty.
Sponsored