• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My experience ordering the S650! How was/is yours?

Cirnek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 Ecoboost, 2018 Explorer Sport,
I’m in Ontario, Canada. I went to my dealership and found out I’m first on the list for a mustang. My dealer has one allocated to them at the moment, this one will be mine. So I ordered my spec I wanted and the best part was the dealer gave me a discount of $1,340.00 CAD. That was super nice of them. Then they showed me what they see in the system for that allocation. Shows it’ll be in production anywhere from May 1-29th. And delivery should be June. Fingers crossed. How was your experience???
Hey Cherry, Pretty much had the same experience! I did have to go one state over from Texas to Louisiana to find a dealer who was not going to mark the car up 10 to 40k USD but once I did my experience was perfect. Within 15 minutes I had the car spec'ed, ordered (at MSRP), and had my confirmation from Ford.
Sponsored

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Hey Cherry, Pretty much had the same experience! I did have to go one state over from Texas to Louisiana to find a dealer who was not going to mark the car up 10 to 40k

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
I don’t know about the rest of you folks but I’m pretty damn sick of the bullshit, lies, games, and crap these Fin dealers play. This is not specific to anyone manufacturer it’s all of them.

Dealers need to go away … and car manufacturers need to make that happen.

My latest fight (Chevrolet) is having to sue to get a Fing deposit back $2K and the scumbag Pirates won’t return the money. My rant isn’t about this one instance this has actually happened to me before it’s just the whole Cabbage Patch Doll BULLSHIT - I think we are all weary of dealing with …!!!😡😡😡

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I don’t know about the rest of you folks but I’m pretty damn sick of the bullshit, lies, games, and crap these Fin dealers play. This is not specific to anyone manufacturer it’s all of them.

Dealers need to go away … and car manufacturers need to make that happen.

My latest fight (Chevrolet) is having to sue to get a Fing deposit back $2K and the scumbag Pirates won’t return the money. My rant isn’t about this one instance this has actually happened to me before it’s just the whole Cabbage Patch Doll BULLSHIT - I think we are all weary of dealing with …!!!😡😡😡
That's exactly why I sought out a dealer that wouldn't require a deposit.

I might not be getting the best of the best OTD pricing (and they might not be local), but I like having the freedom to walk away without money on the line.

Cirnek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 Ecoboost, 2018 Explorer Sport,
That's exactly why I sought out a dealer that wouldn't require a deposit.

I might not be getting the best of the best OTD pricing (and they might not be local), but I like having the freedom to walk away without money on the line.
Same here. My dealer did not ask for a deposit. I checked with them yesterday, they still have a few allocations left. If anyone is interested PM me and I will share the dealership (Located in South Louisiana) and Sales Manager's name.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Sat down and was told the dealer had one allocated. The first one would have been cool and was my spec, but then they said it would have a $10k ADM. So ordering the SECOND one they will get saved me that ADM. Greed is a stupid thing. so now I await a VIN and build date.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Placed my order over a week ago, dealer didn't require a deposit. Went home, got the Ford email saying my order was confirmed.

A week after placing my order, I called Ford (800-392-3673) just to confirm everything was fine with my order. The person on the phone informed me that my order was successfully processed and is waiting to be assigned a VIN.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
my order experience has been pretty good, i placed my order as soon as i could do so, and because im an employee at the dealer with a good reputation, i was promised MSRP with the only required addon being etch (it's a requirement of the dealer group, beyond even the GM). of course i went for tint and door edge guards too, but i'll be doing the PDI on and and not putting on etch because why would i do that. my salesperson even put my order on hold when i explained my financial uncertainties and asked for that, and recently took it off hold when i asked for it. unfortunately, that hold caused me to miss our first allocation but i was assured i was next in line for the next allocation.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Ordering my DH from my dealer was no problem MSRP & received my confirmation & supply chain issue e-mails but still no build date or VIN!

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I feel like a mushroom . . . kept in the dark and fed crap. 😒

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I feel like a mushroom . . . kept in the dark and fed crap. 😒
Whos feeding ya crap besides this forum?
Ford isn't saying anything, but theyre also not technically behind on their schedule.
If this was months October then maybe I wouldn't be as understanding, but its not even end of July and we all placed orders not even 4 months ago.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Whos feeding ya crap besides this forum?
Ford isn't saying anything, but theyre also not technically behind on their schedule.
If this was months October then maybe I wouldn't be as understanding, but its not even end of July and we all placed orders not even 4 months ago.
I guess I'm old school. I ordered my '16 C7 Z06 and my '19 C7 Z06, and had both of them within 8 weeks. In all the years I've been ordering cars, the only one I've ever had to wait for was a 1970 454 Corvette, which took nearly 5 months to get. If I wasn't pushing 75, I'd probably be a little more understanding like you. You're correct. Ford isn't saying anything, and therein lies the problem. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Actually, I've found this forum to be very helpful. As with any forum, you have to take things with a grain of salt. I've also found Long McArthur Ford YouTube videos very informative.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I guess I'm old school. I ordered my '16 C7 Z06 and my '19 C7 Z06, and had both of them within 8 weeks. In all the years I've been ordering cars, the only one I've ever had to wait for was a 1970 454 Corvette, which took nearly 5 months to get. If I wasn't pushing 75, I'd probably be a little more understanding like you. You're correct. Ford isn't saying anything, and therein lies the problem. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Actually, I've found this forum to be very helpful. As with any forum, you have to take things with a grain of salt. I've also found Long McArthur Ford YouTube videos very informative.
I guess thats the difference between a car that had been in production for over a year vs one that only started production in May. People expecting anything within two months of the production start are really only setting themselves up for disappointment

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I guess thats the difference between a car that had been in production for over a year vs one that only started production in May. People expecting anything within two months of the production start are really only setting themselves up for disappointment
Admittedly, I'm probably not as patient as I once was. Being at the far end of life's journey has probably contributed to that. Have a great day. :)
Sponsored