• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My experience ordering the S650! How was/is yours?

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
That thing is being produced in the states and a CANADIAN will get it first? Shhaaammeee :D JK lol
Haha too funny. Brampton, Canada is where they make the dodge challengers. And with the challenger being out the door as this is its last year, USA is getting all the orders. So odd! Haha
Sponsored

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Congrats man but anyone know why he can place an order and the US can’t ?

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
Congrats man but anyone know why he can place an order and the US can’t ?
My dealer has an early allocation for one. And they have one dark horse! For the dealership. The dealer put it as a cash deal to show ford it’s sold.

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP, 21 Bronco Wildtrak, 20 Ranger
I got a call from one of the local dealers responding to my inquiry about the 2024 mustang. I went down to put a deposit on an order and was totally surprised when he said I was first in line to order one... A total different situation on the C8, which since the dealership sells both ford and chevy he showed me the wait list folder for the c8, 3 inches thick...
I totally relate, as my wife has a 2022 C8 (2LT Z51 coupe), and we waited almost 2 years on the list to get ours. It was MRSP though and so, we didn't mind the wait.
On our 2024 Mustang, we got around $3k below MSRP, but, that was because we have be long time customers with the same dealer in Ottawa, and our 2023 order (which we had placed months ago) got cancelled by Ford last minute as their scheduling was done for S550's and production was ending on time (to ensure S650 production starts first week of May). Ford told our dealer to keep our order number active so we would get early 24 production and our dealer agree to keep the discount in place. I'm a happy camper overall, and if I get it before end July, I'll be even happier.

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP, 21 Bronco Wildtrak, 20 Ranger
My dealer has an early allocation for one. And they have one dark horse! For the dealership. The dealer put it as a cash deal to show ford it’s sold.
What does your order say in the system? It should say "Unscheduled-Clean". You won't see this on your copy, but that is what your dealer should be seeing. That is a GOOD thing. It basically means, the order hasn't been "picked up" by Ford scheduling yet (makes sense since the order banks don't open until 27 Mar), but the "Clean" part means, that Fords ordering system has accepted it and no constraints or hold backs were present, so the system is "happy" and Ford will most likely schedule it when available. This is normal.
All "Retail" orders are considered "sold" orders to Ford as it means it is a customer order and not a dealer "Stock" order. (payment or deposit has no bearing here)
My dealer in Ottawa is one of the largest volume dealers, and they have "guaranteed" early allocations as well (I didn't ask how many, as we have the first one anyway, but they told me they had two DH allocations and several GT's , etc.). Early allocations only mean that Ford will schedule the order in "Job 1" builds or the first batch (so, May/Jun builds). It doesn't mean they can place the order any earlier than anyone else. 27 Mar is still considered "D Day"..... LOL :-)

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
I totally relate, as my wife has a 2022 C8 (2LT Z51 coupe), and we waited almost 2 years on the list to get ours. It was MRSP though and so, we didn't mind the wait.
On our 2024 Mustang, we got around $3k below MSRP, but, that was because we have be long time customers with the same dealer in Ottawa, and our 2023 order (which we had placed months ago) got cancelled by Ford last minute as their scheduling was done for S550's and production was ending on time (to ensure S650 production starts first week of May). Ford told our dealer to keep our order number active so we would get early 24 production and our dealer agree to keep the discount in place. I'm a happy camper overall, and if I get it before end July, I'll be even happier.
I waited about 8 months to get the call for my c8 order, went with the 3lt coupe, caffeine metallic, since I placed deposits at 6 dealers, plan was first one call wins. But while waiting I discovered the demand for them, so instead of asking the 5 deposits back, got the cars and flipped for a profit.. One dealer gave me cash to walk away from the deal.easy money.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Just left my local dealer. The ordering manager is going to check the number of Dark Horse allocations they have, but so far I'm the only person who's inquired. I asked to have their one allocation if they don't get a second. He said he'd have to ask, but if they say yes I should be good to go. I should hear back tomorrow. I'm worried about scoring one of these highly sought after ponies, NGL. This feels like the cabbage patch kid craziness in the 80s! Hopefully tomorrow I'll get good news. I'll post here what happens.

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
Time to drive it this summer!

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
I secured one of my dealer’s dark horse allocations today. None of the dealers around me are doing MSRP. And Granger has a 70+ person waiting list as of today when I last spoke with them over the phone. All said and done I am paying $7K over sticker.

Spec:
700A
6 speed
Vapor blue
Handling package
Recaro seats

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I secured one of my dealer’s dark horse allocations today. None of the dealers around me are doing MSRP. And Granger has a 70+ person waiting list as of today when I last spoke with them over the phone. All said and done I am paying $7K over sticker.

Spec:
700A
6 speed
Vapor blue
Handling package
Recaro seats
Good for you! Once/if you get it, tell us how it is

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Spec:
700A
6 speed
Vapor blue
Handling package
Recaro seats
That's exactly one of my worries is that my dealer will take advantage like that. Ugh. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6

Spec:
700A
6 speed
Vapor blue
Handling package
Recaro seats
Does 700a give you back seats leather?

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
Does 700a give you back seats leather?
Sorry I didn’t ask about the back seats.

Looks like leather in this video though:

he shows the back seats at 13:35. And it’s a fully loaded 700A dark horse 6 speed.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local dealer pulled the rug out from under me. Won't sell his only allocation. Wants to option it to the hilt and add a mark-up even though he had a sale in the showroom ready to put a deposit down for a $70k car. Another dealer said he was charging $15k over MSRP. Absolutely ridiculous! I'm still waiting to hear from one other dealer, but I think the writing is on the wall. I'm not going to pay over MSRP so it looks like I'm not getting a Dark Horse any time soon.

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Local dealer pulled the rug out from under me. Won't sell his only allocation. Wants to option it to the hilt and add a mark-up even though he had a sale in the showroom ready to put a deposit down for a $70k car. Another dealer said he was charging $15k over MSRP. Absolutely ridiculous! I'm still waiting to hear from one other dealer, but I think the writing is on the wall. I'm not going to pay over MSRP so it looks like I'm not getting a Dark Horse any time soon.
Maybe if they bring back the Shelby for the S650 gen, DH's won't be the halo car anymore, thus reducing the chances of encountering an ADM for an allocation of one of them. Hopeful thinking at this point
Sponsored