• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My experience ordering the S650! How was/is yours?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Local dealer pulled the rug out from under me. Won't sell his only allocation. Wants to option it to the hilt and add a mark-up even though he had a sale in the showroom ready to put a deposit down for a $70k car. Another dealer said he was charging $15k over MSRP. Absolutely ridiculous! I'm still waiting to hear from one other dealer, but I think the writing is on the wall. I'm not going to pay over MSRP so it looks like I'm not getting a Dark Horse any time soon.
After going through that crap with the GT350, I'm burned out on it.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
After going through that crap with the GT350, I'm burned out on it.
I've given up on it. After 2 days of frustration I'm done. They hold the cards and someone else will pay it so they'll get the car and the dealer will get their money. One dealer said he'd do a GT for MSRP so I think that's going to be my play. The rapid red with bronze package, over the top racing stripes, and red interior is going to look sick. Add all the goodies to get it close to the Dark Horse I had optioned in my head and still saving $9000. Ford needs to get a handle on these dealers, though.

Last edited:

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
I will be sitting down at my "*local Dealer*" (no more out of State shenanigan Dealers) at 9AM March 27th to spec and order my DarkHorse with a $500 deposit and guaranteed *MSRP* delivery sometime in June ...

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will be sitting down at my "*local Dealer*" (no more out of State shenanigan Dealers) at 9AM March 27th to spec and order my DarkHorse with a $500 deposit and guaranteed *MSRP* delivery sometime in June ...
I wish you the best of luck! I can't find a single dealer to agree to MSRP for the Dark Horse. As another user commented and my salesman did, too, that this is Ford's top pony for 2024. They're taking it very seriously like they would the GT500.

Let us all know how it goes! I hope you get it!

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Well I talked to my salesman about this whole subject re: ADMs he stated ā€œThey are getting 3 allocations periodā€ and two are being sold to prior customers myself and another fellow at MSRP the other allocation was sold to a fellow off the street with no prior history at the Dealer and he is paying 5K over šŸ˜±

For those buying with no affiliation with the Dealer I would suggest an Attorney be hired to procure and fill out all paperwork if you are being promised MSRP because Iā€™m hearing people in the past were promised and then when the car landed they tacked on an ADM šŸ«£

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Rec'd confirmation my order is good to go.

just happy I got it under MSRP, been dealing with this local dealer for MANY years...

S650 Mustang My experience ordering the S650! How was/is yours? order jeg.JPG

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Word Iā€™m hearing is the usual suspects are up-charging, as usual. This time around I donā€™t think itā€™s going to work out for them people are stretched out with daily life.
Thereā€™s a group of Pirates in this area that are downright thieves they have Black Beards flag flying on the Dealership flag pole šŸ¤£ - I swear to God they only hire ex inmates from Prison šŸ¤£ā€¦

the Group is called CrossRoads Ford - stay way away from them

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My favorite is calling a dealership to speak to a salesman and them telling me you can't order a 24 Stang until this fall or winter. Sad when I know how than they do, and then they get pissed when you demand they go call someone else. Seriously?

Last edited:

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Correct, Candian dollars (not worth much these days...)

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
If I can get a dark horse at msrpā€¦ do I do it? Or do I spec a GT and still pay less than a DH?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I can get a dark horse at msrpā€¦ do I do it? Or do I spec a GT and still pay less than a DH?
Yes! Do it, or tell me where it is and I will!

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
Well I talked to my salesman about this whole subject re: ADMs he stated ā€œThey are getting 3 allocations periodā€ and two are being sold to prior customers myself and another fellow at MSRP the other allocation was sold to a fellow off the street with no prior history at the Dealer and he is paying 5K over šŸ˜±
ā€¦
This was my case. My usual regular dealer has two allocations. A new customer to dealership snagged the first allocation, but had to agree to a $5K ADM. I was able to secure the other DH for MSRP, but only because of my history with them.

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
This was my case. My usual regular dealer has two allocations. A new customer to dealership snagged the first allocation, but had to agree to a $5K ADM. I was able to secure the other DH for MSRP, but only because of my history with them.
Thatā€™s awesome. Why the DH tho? Just want it?

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Rec'd confirmation my order is good to go.

just happy I got it under MSRP, been dealing with this local dealer for MANY years...

order jeg.JPG
GT with 450HP?
Sponsored