• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Damn, we need to see the May 1 price list

OLD PRICING SUMMARY
  • MSRPS $61,865
  • DESTINATION CHARGES + $1,595
  • TOTAL MSRPS = $63,460

NEW PRICING SUMMARY
  • MSRP $63,265
  • DESTINATION CHARGES + $1,595
  • TOTAL MSRP = $64,860

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
So a DH Premium with 10At is only $1,000 below a 1LT C8... even adding a Handling package isn't making the gap to a Z51 C8 smaller. wtf is Ford doing man. The DH must come with surprising good track tests to justify the price. Don't want to know what they will demand got the upcoming GT3 streetcar and the Gt500.

For european customers this is really bad news, guess the DH could even be in 80-90k€ range here

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
So a DH Premium with 10At is only $1,000 below a 1LT C8... even adding a Handling package isn't making the gap to a Z51 C8 smaller. wtf is Ford doing man. The DH must come with surprising good track tests to justify the price. Don't want to know what they will demand got the upcoming GT3 streetcar and the Gt500.

For european customers this is really bad news, guess the DH could even be in 80-90k€ range here
It is what it is. Those cross shopping C8's will have to decide what they want. But honestly I do not think there are as many of this folks as some think. Especially those you want a M6 and a back seat (for whatever) reason.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
It is what it is. Those cross shopping C8's will have to decide what they want. But honestly I do not think there are as many of this folks as some think. Especially those you want a M6 and a back seat (for whatever) reason.
The only reason I'm not cross shopping a C8 is because they don't offer a manual. Does anyone think the Dark Horse has a chance to hang with a C8 on a track? I'm not sure what the expectations are but the C8 is lighter and mid-engine so I'm guessing the C8 is going to be faster around a track and in a straight line as well.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I typed something in here, but I just couldn't post it. Best of luck to all of you.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe

What I think Ford is doing with the DH is choking supply, to increase demand, and is raising the price. It's an old marketing trick. Sadly, I think it's going to backfire, hard. There is just not enough Mustang meat on the bone. If I'm Mach 1 owner, I'm laughing myself all the way to the bank.

DH's will *never* get the re-sale value they are pricing that car at. If you're buying a DH to have for keeping it yours, cool. You're flushing a shit-ton of money down the drain if you're buying it as any type of an investment. You're gonna lose big money when you go to sell it a few years from now.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
when the build site first dropped i think it was
Base=57k
Prem=59k
Right, and then they decided to include the gas guzzler tax amount on the builder, but total prices were unchanged. Now they have officially changed.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
I wonder of the window sticker will be the MSRP at the time of order.
The sticker will have the prices at the time the sticker is generated. They do that because only the original orderer gets price protection. So if the person that ordered it decides to not take it, the person that buys it pays the current price.

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
What I think Ford is doing with the DH is choking supply, to increase demand, and is raising the price. It's an old marketing trick. Sadly, I think it's going to backfire, hard. There is just not enough Mustang meat on the bone. If I'm Mach 1 owner, I'm laughing myself all the way to the bank.

DH's will *never* get the re-sale value they are pricing that car at. If you're buying a DH to have for keeping it yours, cool. You're flushing a shit-ton of money down the drain if you're buying it as any type of an investment. You're gonna lose big money when you go to sell it a few years from now.
Boss mustangs from 10 years ago with low miles are selling to almost what they were new

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The only reason I'm not cross shopping a C8 is because they don't offer a manual. Does anyone think the Dark Horse has a chance to hang with a C8 on a track? I'm not sure what the expectations are but the C8 is lighter and mid-engine so I'm guessing the C8 is going to be faster around a track and in a straight line as well.
Yeah the number of people crossshopping C8 and DH will be small. Mustangs always should be a "Best Bang for the Bucks" car. If a friggin Corvette offers better performance for the money something is really really off.

In the end the DH is still just a prettier Performance Package 2 which started as an $6,500 option. Now we are looking at $17,000... You can easily build a supercharged GT with the money

Last edited:

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1

Buying any car for investment is laughable.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Boss mustangs from 10 years ago with low miles are selling to almost what they were new
I hear ya, but, that's also a Boss. Check prices on a 70's "King Cobra" or an 84 "Gt 350" and you'll see exactly where the DH is going to fall. There is nothing special at all about a DH for what Ford is trying to rape the customer for money wise. It's 14hp, a paint job, and recycled suspension parts...

Still, if people can afford it and want to throw money at it to get one regardless of cost, god bless 'em. I'm a Ford stock owner, and it only helps me if I'm wrong.