• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I wonder if acetone smoothing would help at all after porting.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hellcat Jailbreak
Probably the worst test ive ever witnessed. Proved absolutely nothing. A manual car on the street?

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Porting the plastic surely roughens it and making it worthless, I would only take a brand newly smooth designed port to begin with! Just my opinion!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i never understood the idea of supposedly making a modern high-performance intake manifold "better" by making it rougher. i think it's a bit of a scam, like throttle body spacers and billet oil pump gears. if it was so easy for manufacturers to get some extra power, why don't they?

S650 Recon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There is no magic in the smoothness of the surface in an intake manifold folks. lol. These comments are funny. Now that said, after a few hundred miles the surface will be smooth anyways from the gases/vapors etc - so that should tickle your fancy. LOL

No surprise here that there wasn't huge gains. With that said, anyone who has gone "fast" Naturally Aspirated can say "it all adds up" and "it is not cheap" - I am sure these port jobs will pay off once these cars are making more power.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I’ve seen port work on aluminum where they dimple the floor like a golf ball and it leads to higher “laminar flow”

You want to create a thin layer of turbulence for the air to flow on top of the way I understand it.

too smooth/polished is slower.

VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think this is the stupidest and riskiest modification. If air flow is your obsession you should remove the carbon traps or change the cold air intakes. if that's not enough... install a supercharger or turbo.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
It’s physics. ICE engines are air pumps with fuel as the catalyst to keep the process going. More air=more power. The hats also why we love forced induction. However, the modular engines have long needed tuning and in some cases, cams to make use of the extra available air in naturally aspirated setups. You’ll see some fans with a ported Intake, but minuscule —— until you also open up the exhaust and tune the thing.
The issue here is Ford locking down the tuning so the car won’t respond to mods like it used to.

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT , 24 Tundra, 2023 M240i, 23 QX80
I am confused a bit in regard to the porting. Why not port the throttle bodies first? Isn't that a better place to start porting? I asked the guy in the video and he said someone else is doing that...?
Sponsored