• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Where is the Coyote V8 built?

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
Thinking about my GT that is supposed to be built next week and wondering if the engine assembly plant is in the US or Mexico or wherever. I could maybe chance the car being built during the strike at Flat Rock, but I don't think I would want some disgruntled union worker assembling my engine and possibly leaving a couple of rod bolts under torqued just because...
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Good news: theyre made in Windsor CA, not covered by the UAW
Bad news: Unifor is the Canadian version of the UAW and is starting strikes at those plants this week

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good news: theyre made in Windsor CA, not covered by the UAW
Bad news: Unifor is the Canadian version of the UAW and is starting strikes at those plants this week
Thanks. It just doesn't look like a good time to be ordering a car and maybe I'll just take the automatic GT my dealer has on the lot instead of waiting for my manual.

Are people happy with the automatic? I had a 9 speed automatic in the last AMG MB I had and for the three years I owned it it was a thorn in my side because of awful jerky shifting at low speeds. Worked great at full throttle though :crackup:

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks. It just doesn't look like a good time to be ordering a car and maybe I'll just take the automatic GT my dealer has on the lot instead of waiting for my manual.

Are people happy with the automatic? I had a 9 speed automatic in the last AMG MB I had and for the three years I owned it it was a thorn in my side because of awful jerky shifting at low speeds. Worked great at full throttle though :crackup:
Tomorrow will make 2 weeks with my 5.0 automatic. No rough shifting as reported elsewhere in previous generations yet. I've been fairly gentle with it, but pushed it to 65 + x on the highway and it was fine (law enforcement: x = 0).
No problems - very happy! Would have loved a manual, but the novelty wears off and the reality of PITA city driving in the hills makes the AT the way to go for me.

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tomorrow will make 2 weeks with my 5.0 automatic. No rough shifting as reported elsewhere in previous generations yet. I've been fairly gentle with it, but pushed it to 65 + x on the highway and it was fine (law enforcement: x = 0).
No problems - very happy! Would have loved a manual, but the novelty wears off and the reality of PITA city driving in the hills makes the AT the way to go for me.
I’m with you on driving a manual in city traffic, which in south Florida during the season can be a real pia, but this may be my last chance for a good old American V8 with a stick. Tough decision for sure. Thanks for your input.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red

I've had the my car with the ten speed auto for a couple of weeks now, and I must say it has been great. I liked the ten speed in my 2019 Mustang, but this one is even better. In normal mode it is extremely smooth shifting. In sport mode you feel the shift more, but it is still a pretty smooth shift.

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had the my car with the ten speed auto for a couple of weeks now, and I must say it has been great. I liked the ten speed in my 2019 Mustang, but this one is even better. In normal mode it is extremely smooth shifting. In sport mode you feel the shift more, but it is still a pretty smooth shift.
Thanks, but does it ever get those nice fast, crisp shifts like a dual clutch?

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
Thanks, but does it ever get those nice fast, crisp shifts like a dual clutch?
I’ve never had a DCT for comparison, but when in the throttle is sport mode it does seem to shift very quickly.

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I don't mind an automatic when they are able to make nice quick paddle shifts up and down through the gears at higher engine rev's, but then smooth around town. Thanks for the report!

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
There is a delay with using the paddle shifters for sure but overall the pros outweigh the cons..my only complaint is hard 3/2/1 downshifts in Sport. 2024 may be better though, mine is a 2022. Only $595 more for an Auto now with the manual Gas Guzzler TAX

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good point on the savings of the gas guzzler tax with the auto. :like:

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
Ford Canada has a tentative offer. Engines might be continued to be produced unless they get laid off.
Sponsored