• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Makes my decision to keep my Mach 1 all the easier. The GT barely edges out my 2021 on HP and my torque is higher by practically the same margin. And I don't have the ridiculous IPADs. Power is kind of a let down on this. I still hope to see that handling and steering have actually been improved.
20 and 2 are the same margin? Or are you talking about the GT lol
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Makes my decision to keep my Mach 1 all the easier. The GT barely edges out my 2021 on HP and my torque is higher by practically the same margin. And I don't have the ridiculous IPADs. Power is kind of a let down on this. I still hope to see that handling and steering have actually been improved.
And the insanity continues. When the 10HP drop was announced for 2022 everyone lost their shit. Now the Dark Horse gains 20HP on the Mach 1 (apple to apples) and it's no big deal.

Now when the first tests and write ups come in for the Dark Horse and everyone says how much better it is that a Mach 1 (Hey, I can speculate too) we will see what M1 owners have to say them.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
I for one never made much of the 10 HP loss-doesn't surprise me it was a lousy filter. It was bad optics...that is all. But you can keep those IPAD screens. And yes I was talking about the GT difference. The DH obviously gets a nice boost over the M1....odd that its torque is marginally worse though. I am convinced that the dual intake V8 was originally headed to the M1, but they were touting 525 when that was the rumor. Guess the increased emissions probably took its toll on the dual intake. Wonder if there will be some easy fixes like pulling two filters out of the tubing.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
The base GT now edges out the hp output of a specialty model and it's a let down? Bruh lol.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I for one never made much of the 10 HP loss-doesn't surprise me it was a lousy filter. It was bad optics...that is all. But you can keep those IPAD screens. And yes I was talking about the GT difference. The DH obviously gets a nice boost over the M1....odd that its torque is marginally worse though. I am convinced that the dual intake V8 was originally headed to the M1, but they were touting 525 when that was the rumor. Guess the increased emissions probably took its toll on the dual intake. Wonder if there will be some easy fixes like pulling two filters out of the tubing.
Lol interior/ā€œiPadsā€ aside, this isnā€™t new to most of us.

Boss 302 was used as benchmark for base GT, GT350 was new halo.

M1 is now benchmark for base GT, DH is new halo.

GT500 will come a few years down the line.

Such is the cycle. I donā€™t know why everyone is acting so surprised/expecting more.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
not hurt, just confused as to why someone would spend so much time on a forum dedicated to car they donā€™t like. Also not sure how youā€™re able to get this far in life without the ability to do simple addition and subtraction.
hyper sensitive, projecting, and ranting arenā€™t hallmarks of confusion. They are indications of hurt feelings.

it may be a mystery to you, but many post on discussion forums to DISCUSS things they are interested in. As a lifelong mustang fan, thatā€™s why Iā€™m here. I donā€™t know about you (seriously) but Iā€™m not a kiss up to everything ford does.

e been a fan of the 60ā€™s cars though they were before my time. In the late 90ā€™s, I bought my first car for $500 - a used v8 mustang 2 that was a terrible car. The entire mustang 2 lineup was gross in my eyes. The 1979 Fox started to change things. Huge fan of the 87-93 GT and cobra. Hated the power drop and jellybean design of the 1994 Fox 4, loved the new edge design, yet still was frustrated by the crappy power output compared to the monster Camaros and trans ams of that time. Even the cobra wasnā€™t really making a statement against them. Then came the Terminator. Massive fan of those. The body style, the tremec, massive power for the time with huge aftermarket potential as well, IRS standard, was faster than the corvette of its time, etc.

then 2005 hit. Not a fan. GT was still weak, though now it was a poor copy of the 1960ā€™s look then the gt500 came out with awesome power numbers, but hampered by weight and wasnā€™t measuring up in quickness compared to its engine power. In 2011, the coyote was unleashed and made me a fan even though I disliked the body style. The 2013 gt500 was killer. Ford was swing with bad intentions and landing knockout punches. Awesome time to be a mustang fan. Camaro could do nothing. 2015 hit and loved the Aston Martin style. Hated that the Camaro was whipping the mustang in performance though. The gt350 was rad. The Bullitt was the first bullit I thought looked fantastic and performed well. The 2020 gt500 is a dream car. Insane power, exotic DCT, performs like no tomorrow, and is the best looking mustang ever in my opinion. Not a fan of Mach 1. Basically a mishmash of various existing mustangs: Bullitt, gtpp, etc. and the cheap body style just screams lazy - especially the round shapes in the grill that are supposed to resemble fog lights from the 60ā€™s cars - yet with no lights. Nasty.

now itā€™s on the 2024. Great body style, DISAPPOINTING engines.

And thatā€™s how it is in the life of a lifelong mustang fan. So here I am discussing it. If you canā€™t handle criticism of the car at various points in its history - even the present or future, then you shouldnā€™t be on s discussion forum. Go play pattycake while singing the coca-cola song in a safe space somewhere.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
tbf I think reaction scores are easy to jack up if you just comment agreeable opinions and post media, and all legacy m6g accounts roll total posts in (like we both have dummy total post counts from 2014). the whole reaction score wasnā€™t really a thing in early m6g

but still, you know what youā€™re doing 9, lighten up šŸ˜‚
I do know what Iā€™m doing - discussing a car I love, for better or worse.

The only lightening up needs to be from the butthurt crowd. Like, go get some aloe or something. šŸ˜‡

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
That's what I'm saying. He spends more time on here than I do and I'm buying the car. 2.2k messages and only 200 reactions to his name. Popular guy

Aside from the new GT being a beast, Ford did us a solid by releasing the DH at the same time to give us the choice, rather than wait another 6-7 months like they did with the GT350.
LOL. Honesty is rarely popular. Just look at politics and culture these days. Call it like it is and get called a hater. Virtue signal and toe the line just to feel safe amongst the crowd that eats you alive if you have an independent thought.

heck with that.Just be real and let the chiā€™s fall where they may.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
hyper sensitive, projecting, and ranting arenā€™t hallmarks of confusion. They are indications of hurt feelings.

it may be a mystery to you, but many post on discussion forums to DISCUSS things they are interested in. As a lifelong mustang fan, thatā€™s why Iā€™m here. I donā€™t know about you (seriously) but Iā€™m not a kiss up to everything ford does.

e been a fan of the 60ā€™s cars though they were before my time. In the late 90ā€™s, I bought my first car for $500 - a used v8 mustang 2 that was a terrible car. The entire mustang 2 lineup was gross in my eyes. The 1979 Fox started to change things. Huge fan of the 87-93 GT and cobra. Hated the power drop and jellybean design of the 1994 Fox 4, loved the new edge design, yet still was frustrated by the crappy power output compared to the monster Camaros and trans ams of that time. Even the cobra wasnā€™t really making a statement against them. Then came the Terminator. Massive fan of those. The body style, the tremec, massive power for the time with huge aftermarket potential as well, IRS standard, was faster than the corvette of its time, etc.

then 2005 hit. Not a fan. GT was still weak, though now it was a poor copy of the 1960ā€™s look then the gt500 came out with awesome power numbers, but hampered by weight and wasnā€™t measuring up in quickness compared to its engine power. In 2011, the coyote was unleashed and made me a fan even though I disliked the body style. The 2013 gt500 was killer. Ford was swing with bad intentions and landing knockout punches. Awesome time to be a mustang fan. Camaro could do nothing. 2015 hit and loved the Aston Martin style. Hated that the Camaro was whipping the mustang in performance though. The gt350 was rad. The Bullitt was the first bullit I thought looked fantastic and performed well. The 2020 gt500 is a dream car. Insane power, exotic DCT, performs like no tomorrow, and is the best looking mustang ever in my opinion. Not a fan of Mach 1. Basically a mishmash of various existing mustangs: Bullitt, gtpp, etc. and the cheap body style just screams lazy - especially the round shapes in the grill that are supposed to resemble fog lights from the 60ā€™s cars - yet with no lights. Nasty.

And thatā€™s how it is in the life of a lifelong mustang fan. So here I am discussing it. If you canā€™t handle criticism of the car at various points in its history - even the present or future, then you shouldnā€™t be on s discussion forum. Go play pattycake while singing the coca-cola song in a safe space somewhere.
appreciate you being a life-long appreciator, just think your criticisms of the s650 lack some current-era perspective, with all due respect

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
appreciate you being a life-long appreciator, just think your criticisms of the s650 lack some current-era perspective, with all due respect
That makes no sense.

All about the current era and not lacking perspective thanks. I can look back at cars before my time snd appreviste as well as current cars in my time. Expecting better from a company that has the ability to do better - without really breaking a sweat.

also Respectfully, I think a couple of you guys are almost simping for Ford with some of this stuff. Just agreeing with everything and acting like minimal effort is amazing

The bullitt engine from 2019 is the 2024 GT engine, complete with near identical power figures. Thatā€™s not current era, no matter how many throttle bodies it has. The dark horse should have been the GT - minus that nasty fascia.

the s650 is off to a good start in terms of modern design. The engines arenā€™t so hot right now. But as Iā€™ve said, in a couple years, things will get better. Looking forward to that.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
It's funny how e.g. 486 HP is disappointing when there will be no car near that HP per dollar (list price) around, in any market more or less in 2024

... and with a 5 year warranty, at least here in Sweden

Last edited:

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI

And you're saying I'm the one that is hyper sensitive, projecting and ranting here?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
It's funny how e.g. 486 HP is disappointing when there will be no car near that HP per dollar (list price) around, in any market more or less in 2024

... and with a 5 year warranty, at least here in Sweden
If you talk about pure horsepower numbers, sure. But in performance number the EU GT is sadly in the mix with M240i, 3.0l Supra and even Golf R.
Sponsored