• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I doubt it. Then he would have to come on here and admit what a fool he made of himself. Just like those who crapped on the Mach 1 early on. And not let's forget those who thought the Bullitt was nothing more than a green GT.
The Bullitt IS a green GT PP1, its literally the reason I got it. I couldn't care less about a movie from like 25yrs before I was born
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Except itā€™s not an artificial decrease. They did it to meet more stringent emissions targets, which makes it even better to see that they improved the efficiency of their motors to make what improvements ARE here under the same stringent requirements

100hp/L in a 5L V8 is pretty dang good all things said

coming back to the Z06 argument, it wasnā€™t just the price tag, itā€™s the fact that itā€™s a very low volume model

the more of these they project to sell, the more their average fleet emissions and fuel consumption will be affected so itā€™s great that theyā€™re still committing to the enthusiasts on a relatively economic scale
mits artificial because they could have keptthe rating easily.

instead, knowing a ā€œnewā€platform was coming, they dropped it.

Simple math.

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
Lawyers for Steve'o McQueen's estate will be visiting you shortly.
Sheryl Crow is on her way to his house. She mumbled something about having to show Schwerin how the west was won. I hope she locks my front door on the way out.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Iā€™m still anxious to see what the DH does in the real world. Iā€™d be lying if I said the S650 hasnā€™t kept me on my toes since the announcement.

At the end of the day, at least Ford hasnā€™t killed off the Mustang as we know it. And that makes me happy more than anything else.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Your history of cars is nuts! You gotta pick up a terminator, just to round out the list haha
Iā€™m still anxious to see what the DH does in the real world. Iā€™d be lying if I said the S650 hasnā€™t kept me on my toes since the announcement.

At the end of the day, at least Ford hasnā€™t killed off the Mustang as we know it. And that makes me happy more than anything else.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Your history of cars is nuts! You gotta pick up a terminator, just to round out the list haha
Lol itā€™s only been Mustangs for me since 16! Fast forward to 31, and was finally able to swing a GT500. Couldnā€™t be happier.

Around the time I got the 2nd Mach 1, I wanted a terminator more than anything else. I just couldnā€™t swing it at the time. Iā€™ve kept an eye on them though throughout the years, and still do.

Iā€™d love to add one, but at this point, I think my wife would kill me:cwl:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yet a detuned 2022 gt with 450 have no problem beating this scat pak
Didn't the Challenger outsell Mustang last year?

tbh could you imagine reading that 10 years ago

maybe weā€™re spoiled?

letā€™s face it, outright straight line speed pissing matches have become all but null and void when Suzy in her performance EV CUV can beat the brakes off of most pony and muscle cars

a glass-half-full approach could be ā€œyou can buy a volume-series Mustang GT with less than 15hp shy of 500ā€ or the fact that theyā€™re still offering a track-capable version in the day and age of nazi emissions bullshitery

still convinced the DH wonā€™t last the length of the series and weā€™ll see some Ford Performance vehicles coming in the near future so Iā€™d hold out expectations for big hitters and be happy with what weā€™re getting rn
Why would I care about how fast an EV CUV is? I don't street race and I don't race even on the road course. I'm comparing the DH and the new Mustang to what I currently own. 80 hp over what I have is a fair amount, but spending ~$45K more than I spent for what I have - I'm still not feeling like the improvement is enough for me to want to upgrade. I don't see the HP/$ value in the DH yet. I get 0.018 additional horsepower for each dollar. Not really a good deal.

granted, that 670hp sits behind a $110k starting price tag on a low-volume bespoke unit... i don't think anyone here understands the logistics behind mass-producing a N/A V8 under today's tier-3 regulations. the way it impacts fleet averages. the ability to sell it in select EU markets. i certainly don't

i think @Bikeman315 made a good point in that we're bitching about a few ponies here and there when we should be grateful that this kind of performance is coming to us for at least a guaranteed generation in an era that is more or less stamping out like examples

but you're not wrong for wanting to see progress, i get that
I might not even care if this was just another generation of Mustang in a long line of future expected ICE V8 Mustangs. Since this potentially could be the LAST generation of ICE NA V8 Mustangs, I'm not as laissez faire about it.

Congrats? Weird flex. They will eventually be tune-able. Some people also don't care to nix their warranty. I'm sure a good clip of folks here can't drive a 450+ HP car 10/10, or even 9/10. Know I can't. Valid point if you're chasing top HP numbers or 1/4 mile times.
Yes, there will always be another driver who could extract more from a car than I can. However, that has no impact on any part of my life. What I care about is how the car feels and how much fun it is.

It takes no skill at all to drop the hammer in a straight line, and power to weight ratio is something I enjoy. I may not be racing or getting money, but I'm looking for enjoyment.

99% of posters couldn't drive a Civic to it's full capability. Self included.
This really doesn't matter. I'm considering how much I will enjoy a car for the money spent in order to decide if it's worth it to me. Someone else's driving prowress has no impact on my personal enjoyment when I drive a vehicle.

It's definitely acceptable. I slightly disagree with pretty dang good. In the 80s or 90s it would have been pretty dang good. Now it's fine.

I mean the 2.4 flat 4 in my Subarota makes 228. I don't think that engine is pretty dang good either. I think it's ok decent not great.

I get that you're disappointed that Ford didn't pull a 2011 and stuff a new engine in the car with a 100 hp increase. I get that you think they could've done more and done better, but there's still time for that. We've seen the GT and the Dark Horse, which for all intents and purposes is a Mach 1 replacement, and both received power bumps. Sure, they weren't huge power bumps, but that's simply not a realistic expectation every time a car is redesigned--especially in the face of legislation and a political climate that is dead set on putting the internal combustion engine out to pasture. When the C8 debuted, the car gained 35 hp over the C7. The S650 GT gained 30 over the previous year.
It doesn't matter how much HP the car makes to people who think burning gas is terrible. I don't think "some people hate engines" is a good excuse for phoning in the engine redesign on the Halo version of the last ICE Mustang. I guess I will try to reserve judgement until we have the performance info. And even though Ford representatives implied that the DH is the top S650 model, maybe they are waiting to reveal a higher model.

I agree. I'm glad Ford is still making the Mustang. I really like the new design and I do think the DH is cool. I'm only complaining because I want to love it. I want to have that feeling I did when I first read about the GT350 and watched the videos. I remember thinking that the GT350 wasn't the greatest in appearance, but I had to have a car with that engine. The Voodoo really did it for me. It is great.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
OppoLock said:
tbh could you imagine reading that 10 years ago

maybe weā€™re spoiled?

letā€™s face it, outright straight line speed pissing matches have become all but null and void when Suzy in her performance EV CUV can beat the brakes off of most pony and muscle cars

a glass-half-full approach could be ā€œyou can buy a volume-series Mustang GT with less than 15hp shy of 500ā€ or the fact that theyā€™re still offering a track-capable version in the day and age of nazi emissions bullshitery

still convinced the DH wonā€™t last the length of the series and weā€™ll see some Ford Performance vehicles coming in the near future so Iā€™d hold out expectations for big hitters and be happy with what weā€™re getting rn
Why would I care about how fast an EV CUV is? I don't street race and I don't race even on the road course. I'm comparing the DH and the new Mustang to what I currently own. 80 hp over what I have is a fair amount, but spending ~$45K more than I spent for what I have - I'm still not feeling like the improvement is enough for me to want to upgrade. I don't see the HP/$ value in the DH yet. I get 0.018 additional horsepower for each dollar. Not really a good deal.
My point is that there's a disproportionately loud fuss over what's essentially about 20hp off of what people are finding "acceptable," when we have no idea how the car will perform and whether or not that power feels satisfactory to begin with. On paper, it's an improvement over the Mach 1 and a regression behind the GT350, but we're still getting a 500hp V8 and a manual with all of the political restrictions OEMs are stuck with. Thank god they didn't reduce engine size and go turbocharged, or jack the weight up and hybridize the thing with what's still early battery technology. Nobody here can convince me that they know the logistics behind what it takes to roll out a mass-produced lineup of V8s with the intention to sell on a global level in today's climate while ensuring said product will be viable from a business perspective.

Coming back to the EV subject, most often these horsepower discussions become piss fests about what's faster or what has more. Is this a concern about track times? Drag times? Being faster than Joe Broski in his Cramro at a stoplight? There are so many faster straight-line cars for what will likely be equivalent money. You could go and buy a Kia nowadays that hits 60 in just over 3s all the way up to 160mph. So if it's the former, and people here are hard asses about track times, maybe be concerned about driving skill and tires. If it's drag times, why even look at a V8 and manual. Go for a GT and 10 speed. If it's to be faster than Joe Broski, watch out for Stacy Onlyfans in her Kia who's about to leave you both in the dust.

Or cry about the 20hp that would change everything, supposedly.

OppoLock said:
granted, that 670hp sits behind a $110k starting price tag on a low-volume bespoke unit... i don't think anyone here understands the logistics behind mass-producing a N/A V8 under today's tier-3 regulations. the way it impacts fleet averages. the ability to sell it in select EU markets. i certainly don't

i think @Bikeman315 made a good point in that we're bitching about a few ponies here and there when we should be grateful that this kind of performance is coming to us for at least a guaranteed generation in an era that is more or less stamping out like examples

but you're not wrong for wanting to see progress, i get that
I might not even care if this was just another generation of Mustang in a long line of future expected ICE V8 Mustangs. Since this potentially could be the LAST generation of ICE NA V8 Mustangs, I'm not as laissez faire about it.
And I'm glad that we're getting ICE NA V8s and manuals in today's climate. Improved ones, at that. Just apparently not to the level of a lot of others' expectations.

OppoLock said:
It's definitely acceptable. I slightly disagree with pretty dang good. In the 80s or 90s it would have been pretty dang good. Now it's fine.

I mean the 2.4 flat 4 in my Subarota makes 228. I don't think that engine is pretty dang good either. I think it's ok decent not great.
It doesn't make any sense to compare an oversquare 2.4L I4 with a bore and stroke of 94 x 86 to a 5.0L V8 with a bore and stroke dimension of 93 x 92.7 when we're talking hp/l. For starters, each cylinder is smaller in volume and size and the stroke is significantly shorter. There are tons of small engines making high hp/l with similar attributes because that lends to better high RPM operation which ultimately contributes to better peak hp/l figures.

Instead, how many larger displacement N/A V8s can you recall that make more than 100hp/l? The GT350 made just a hair over 101hp/l, a 4.0L S65 V8 in the E9X M3 makes 104hp/l. There are very few out there; you'll find plenty of smaller engines or engines with many more cylinders, like V10s and V12s, but hardly any V8s, let alone for reasonable money. Or hell, we can go to liter bikes, with little 4-pots routinely making 200hp/l look like another walk in the park.

So with that said, I'll stand by saying that 100hp/L in a 5L V8 is pretty dang good.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Cool, you donā€™t like the car, and youā€™ll never even consider buying one. Soā€¦ what are you still doing here?
Butthurt much?

im a Mustang fan. And thatā€™s WHY Iā€™m disappointed.

I mentioned that ford is making it easy on themselves with these numbers as it allows them to look like theyā€™re improving in two years.

those of us who arenā€™t drinking the kool aid and burying heads in the sand hoped for better. Bullit power figures in the new GT just arenā€™t exciting.

the gt350 that will have come out 8 years prior had 26 more hp than the dark horse and less torque as well.

the dark horse should have been the GT.

you can unpucker now.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Butthurt much?

im a Mustang fan. And thatā€™s WHY Iā€™m disappointed.

I mentioned that ford is making it easy on themselves with these numbers as it allows them to look like theyā€™re improving in two years.

those of us who arenā€™t drinking the kool aid and burying heads in the sand hoped for better. Bullit power figures in the new GT just arenā€™t exciting.

the gt350 that will have come out 8 years prior had 26 more hp than the dark horse and less torque as well.

the dark horse should have been the GT.

you can unpucker now.
Butthurt? Over what exactly? Your unrealistic expectations? Your right Ford could tune the 5.0 to produce more horsepower in both the GT and DH, but at what cost? You have to think of the average driver that is going to buy one of these vehicles and beat the hell out of it. So Ford tunes the engine to a realistic level in which they know Billy Burnout can beat the hell out of it and it will withstand the punishment over the life of the standard warranty. Damn, there I go, drinking the kook-aid again.
Sponsored