• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Since when does running E85 mean you're only chasing 1/4 mile times? You do realize you can road course on E85 too, right? All I'm saying is until someone cracks it, the Mach 1 is superior to any of these due to the fact that it can be tuned. If you're worried about your warranty for bolt ons and a tune, then you may need to find another car. These cars have been tuned for years with no issues pending you don't have retards like Bama tuning your car.
Of course the car your presently own would be superior to its future iteration. Of course it would.....
Sponsored

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Yeah man I understand you... driving 10/10 and 9/10 is typically a reference to road course ability. You're right, the Gen 3 can take E85 and a tune all day. Gen 4 probably will too once it's cracked....but I personally wouldn't try to be the first guy to do it. I'm not a youtuber.

Since when does running E85 mean you're only chasing 1/4 mile times? You do realize you can road course on E85 too, right? All I'm saying is until someone cracks it, the Mach 1 is superior to any of these due to the fact that it can be tuned. If you're worried about your warranty for bolt ons and a tune, then you may need to find another car. These cars have been tuned for years with no issues pending you don't have retards like Bama tuning your car.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Reading through this whole thread as I'm currently tuning my Mach 1 on E85 which will have more power than any of these and a GT350 in stock form. Lol. The fact that you can't tune these will be a huge turn off to me. The stock tunes always feel so mild and the lack of using E85 is really holding these back.
Stop reaching. The car isn't even out yet and you're using tuning as an argument? lol. By this time next year the DH will be cracking 10s in the 1/4 running NA

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I understand you love your car but your comparisons are silly. Comparing any tuned car to a stock one is pointless. A tuned GT350 will still blow your doors off. Also, let's be real, if given a choice most of us on here would take a GT350 long before a Mach 1.

Now as far as the DH, you're speculating. Your M1 is not superior to a car that doesn't exist yet, period. Will your tuned M1 be faster? Maybe, maybe not. Will a tune be made available for the DH that will blow your M1 out of the water? Maybe, we just don't know yet.

Your M1 is an awesome car but there will always be something better, there always is. Will it be the DH, most likely. Will it be a new BOSS, a new GT350 or a GT500, definitely. But enjoy your car today as we do not know what tomorrow will bring.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I think we have every right to brag about the #'s on our 21 Mach 1. Part of the reason I tuned mine was so I could say I'm over 500hp! LOL This thing really rips now!
I mean isn't that the whole point of this thread is HP #'s?
At this point the DH is a non-tunable, not available 2024 model and the Mach 1 tuned with the A10 is only 2nd to the GT500, yes faster than the GT350.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think we have every right to brag about the #'s on our 21 Mach 1. Part of the reason I tuned mine was so I could say I'm over 500hp! LOL This thing really rips now!
At this point the DH is a non-tunable, not available 2024 model and the Mach 1 tuned with the A10 is only 2nd to the GT500, yes faster than the GT350.
My TuNeD eCoBoOsT iS fAsTeR tHaN yOuR sToCk Gt

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I'd rather have a GT350.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
This thread is about the S650 which is why it’s on M7G. Any comparisons to the GT350 should be on M6G. Comparisons to a non existent car are invalid and worthless.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Shh. Some people don't like to hear this.

I wonder if this forum has Ford employees as members. 🤔 I'm sure, but it's fun to wonder.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
Congrats? Weird flex. They will eventually be tune-able. Some people also don't care to nix their warranty. I'm sure a good clip of folks here can't drive a 450+ HP car 10/10, or even 9/10. Know I can't. Valid point if you're chasing top HP numbers or 1/4 mile times.
And this is something that most bench racers, including myself, often forget or ignore. It’s the same principle IMO that applies to a lot of non-track PP and HP owners. Sure, you got the capability but if you don’t track your car where you really gonna use it and are you personally good enough to use it anyway? But hey, if it gives you something fun to talk about and you can add it to your profile sig then it’s all worth it, right?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
granted, that 670hp sits behind a $110k starting price tag on a low-volume bespoke unit... i don't think anyone here understands the logistics behind mass-producing a N/A V8 under today's tier-3 regulations. the way it impacts fleet averages. the ability to sell it in select EU markets. i certainly don't

i think @Bikeman315 made a good point in that we're bitching about a few ponies here and there when we should be grateful that this kind of performance is coming to us for at least a guaranteed generation in an era that is more or less stamping out like examples

but you're not wrong for wanting to see progress, i get that
Ford used the same tech in the gt350, which was more or less in the dark horse category. Not swinging hard means using the GT engine with maybe a tune - and then locking the ECU to fake exclusivity so GT owners can’t easily surpass that number.

regardless of price point, ford simply didn’t go for it. They gave something that barely passes for an upgrade and saved overhead for later rather than work at it.

the “110k” price point talk is disengenuous. It’s not about that. And the DH doesn’t need 670 hp nor an FPC. We all know what Ford can do with its own parts on the coyote and it’s astonishing. Instead, they just leave it significantly under the same categories car from almost a decade ago. That sucks. It’s not “oh, you don’t understand this or that.” It’s the same company that gave us a mass market Cobra with novel supercharging and IRS and GT350 and reasonable price points. The same company that went from 300 horsepower to 415 and all new motor in the GT. It’s not that hard from ford. It was a choice from the board. We all knew that the s650 was just a warmed over s550, but we didn’t think the power figures would be less (oh sorry - forgot to include the GT has so much more horsepower… 6 more horsepower… 6.)

the car will be worth another look in two years when they uncork the engines a bit.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
You're talking about a 6 horsepower gain for the GT over the Mach 1 as a let down? Lest we forget, in the history of the Mustang GT, the "next gen" Mustang GT has never (I believe) surpassed the previous gen non-shelby performance model. So we are looking at and increase of 26 horsepower (not considering the recent 10hp drop) over the previous gen, not 6. As for the Dark Horse, I have a strong feeling it's not going to be the "top model", its the equivalent of the previous Mach 1, so you're off base talking about having 26 LESS hp. Apples to apples we're looking at a gain of 20 hp. You seem to be really reaching here and looking for any and all reasons to hate this car.
S650 Mustang Official!  All-New 2024 Mustang S650 Dark Horse Delivers 500 HP,  GT 486 HP, EcoBoost 315 HP 79B4BA44-DB21-4675-AB7E-6B2E556BC7ED

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Ummm... Sure.

Oh and you mention other companies "stepping on the gas". Which other companies are those? Chevy, which will be ending production of the V8 Camaro? Dodge, which will be ending the production of the V8 Challenger? By stepping on the gas you must mean running from gas powered engines. Having realistic expectations does not equal "drinking the Kool-aid".