• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Absolutely agree. Sometimes it's tough to read through the butthurt crowd. But, it's the day and age of everything offending everybody if they don't agree. Nobody is allowed a difference of opinion. Sorry, I'm old school. If my opinion hurts the butthurt, too f*ing bad. You'll survive, cupcake. I promise.

I've owned every iteration of the Mustang, even the Mustang II. I've been a fan of the car since I was 11 and that was a hell of a long time ago. I do not like the S650 at all. I hate the design both exterior and interior. But I do hope it sells well, as the original pony car needs to hang around. Sadly, I do not think it's going to sell well. There is not enough meat on the bone for what I think Ford is going to price the car at. When 50k EV's can embarrass a Mustang, pricing a Mustang in the 65 to 70k mark (yes that's what I think the DH is going price at) folks are going to pass. An ICE sound is not a selling point these days. My guess is that a fully loaded GT is going to be just shy of the 60k mark, and I just don't see folks biting.
Contrary to what you’re saying, releasing an N/A V8 is literally a selling point here. Keeping it alive because it’s an intertwined part of the Mustang brand is in fact one of the highlights here.

They could make more power with a downsized, turbocharged mill (at the cost of sound, power delivery, and throttle characteristics). They could make more power by hybridizing and adding weight. They could have rolled with the industry punches and said, “guess what, the Mustang Mach-E finally gets its traditional coupe follow-up, here’s your new Mustang EV complete with pre-recorded Dyson noises.”

This isn’t 1970, cupcake, but you’ll survive.

What would’ve been satisfactory to you?

Well said. I don't get this online S650 D-Riding Squad. The car is not even out yet. Ford does not get a free pass from criticism just for being the only American sports/pony/muscle with an ICE. If Ford is pushed to make an amazing product, it might make Chevrolet and Dodge bring back an ICE competitor in the future. On the surface, the S650 lacks charisma, something the S550 did not lack from the very beginning. It is what it is. That said, I'm confident Ford will address the lackluster design with a refresh down the line, if the ICE Mustang survives that long.
That logic hurts. You’re right, the car hasn’t even come out yet, and we’re all on a forum dedicated to enthusiasts wanting the car. News flash: the vast majority of people on here aren’t spending their day complaining about the car. It’s as if we like the car and want as much news as we can get in a single hub, who would’ve thought that people would get defensive?

You keep saying it lacks charisma. Can you articulate what that actually means?

Sincerely, one of the dick riders you’re talking about?

The 5 cylinder RS models are golden on the sound department
Baby V10 sounds 😍
Sponsored

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Ford really should have tried to imitate the NA 4.2l V8 from Audi. Yeah it's down on power but it revs so fast and clean the Coyote is still trying to ponderously climb the tachometer and I'm in the next gear and hauling ass without the agricultural thrashy-thrashy going on up front.

With Ford and VW joined at the hip, I don't get why they didn't just license the 2015-vintage quattro.
But then there would be significantly less power across the board. From a tech perspective, the Gen III Coyote stacks up extremely well against the (amazing) 4.2L FSI V8 from twenty years ago.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Contrary to what you’re saying, releasing an N/A V8 is literally a selling point here. Keeping it alive because it’s an intertwined part of the Mustang brand is in fact one of the highlights here.

They could make more power with a downsized, turbocharged mill (at the cost of sound, power delivery, and throttle characteristics). They could make more power by hybridizing and adding weight. They could have rolled with the industry punches and said, “guess what, the Mustang Mach-E finally gets its traditional coupe follow-up, here’s your new Mustang EV complete with pre-recorded Dyson noises.”

This isn’t 197, cupcake, but you’ll survive.

What would’ve been satisfactory to you?

That logic hurts. You’re right, the car hasn’t even come out yet, and we’re all on a forum dedicated to enthusiasts wanting the car. News flash: the vast majority of people on here aren’t spending their day complaining about the car. It’s as if we like the car and want as much news as we can get in a single hub, who would’ve thought that people would get defensive?

You keep saying it lacks charisma. Can you articulate what that actually means?

Sincerely, one of the dick riders you’re talking about?

Baby V10 sounds 😍
Well said. M6G dudes on here with their blinders on. We get it, you spent your life savings on an ugly ass catfish S550.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Well said. M6G dudes on here with their blinders on. We get it, you spent your life savings on an ugly ass catfish S550.
Time to stand up for 18 plus 6G. Much, much better looking front end than the 7G, which has hardly any personality at all. It reminds me of the 'expressionless' emoji. At least a catfish (even though I don't see it) IS a personality. BTW, some catfish are very venomous and deadly to humans, so be careful what you say, lol.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
WHAT IF, you could remove your iPad, go outside your car and remote Rev for your boys outside twin peaks?
I'm on board only if I can do remote control drifting with the new drift brake, Back to the Future style. No sale otherwise.