• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
Ford build a S650 with more than 700HP at a price less than 100K please.
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
I will admit that is a bad ass car. Impressed to see 50/50 balance without going mid-engine like C8. I am surprised to see the 5.2 back...I hope that carries into a GT500 at a more reasonable price...I will be very interested. Hope some rich person near me buys one so I can see it at our Cars and Coffee...this thing is every bit on par with or exceeds Porsche/Ferrari/lambo.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
We finally get to see the mythical 808hp Supercharged Direct Injected V8 that was supposed to be out in 2019…

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
this is 100% this generations GT, only difference is its not a mid-engine ecoboost

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
It is not just the horsepower. If it was horsepower we would have a 60k, 700+, rental spec car. *cough dodge* This is about handling too
For sure. No point in having power if you cannot use it within reason.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
Well...I'm a HUGE fan of this. The closest I'll ever get to this is in a video game, unfortunately...but damn, what a cool car. I feel like this is a "you either get it - or you don't" type of car.

EDIT: We also have to remember, NO ONE is doing this kind of thing in this modern era right now. Homologation specials back in the day were the bees knees...to see something like this now, is pretty crazy.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Simply put, if this ditched the mega-gigangto wing and bougie tech and had a retail starting price of $79,000+, the forum and car community would be going absolutely berserk

Idk why but this shit honestly infuriates me
I think the frustrating thing is Ford's latest strategy is fuck competition, we'll do whatever we want and charge whatever we want. That's a good strategy in a vacuum, but in the real world, most of us are saying "Yeah, this is a badass car, but unless they depreciate massively, I'll never be able to afford one".

Meanwhile, the c8 can be had for like 70 grand, 120 or so for a 670 hp mid engine supercar. It gives you hope because 70 grand is a lot of money, but it's also in that bracket of "If I save up here and there, I could maybe buy this one day". This is a bitchin' car, but it's also kinda depressing to see multimillionaire Jim Farley with multimillionaire Bill Ford talking about how great this car you'll never be able to afford is.

I don't understand how Ford can justify a business case to do a ground up 300k supercar they'll only sell in a few thousand units. But can't seem to put together a business case for a mid-engine mustang priced like a c8. If Ford made a 80 grand mid-engine 500 hp car, it would blow everyone's hair back, truly elevating the mustang while also staying true to the mustangs roots of offering great performance for a reasonable price. But instead, they're basically like, hey fuck you if you aren't super wealthy.
Sponsored