• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Noise from driver seat fan.

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
We still haven’t taken ours in. It rarely does it when my wife drives but it does it when I drive. The harder I push back on the seat the worse it gets and I can hear the fan start to slow down as if I’m pressing against the blades themselves.
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
We still haven’t taken ours in. It rarely does it when my wife drives but it does it when I drive. The harder I push back on the seat the worse it gets and I can hear the fan start to slow down as if I’m pressing against the blades themselves.
Had my passenger side replaced cause of this. It’s missing a back plate that goes between the fan and the leather. There was another person who had the same issue.
Record a video of you pressing on it and it happening or else the dealer is gonna act like idiots and pretend it’s fine

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
+1 for the RECAROs ... :like: They don't have this issue!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
That’s exactly what happens with mine.
Had my passenger side replaced cause of this. It’s missing a back plate that goes between the fan and the leather. There was another person who had the same issue.
Record a video of you pressing on it and it happening or else the dealer is gonna act like idiots and pretend it’s fine
That’s interesting, because they said that they pulled apart both seats and compared them against the schematics, and didn’t find any missing/loose/damaged parts.
The guy seemed really sincere, and said himself that this is not okay.
I’ll go back and tell him about the missing back plate. Maybe that’s not showing up in the schematic? You’d think that would be hard to miss if it was there.
Thanks!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Mine makes this noise as well. drives me crazy. Only with the "cooling" fan or the seat on

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Looks like a service bulletin was posted for this today. How convenient!
@roket I believe you have access to them? Could you post?

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
There is two methods to heat / vent on these seats. Vent is a pull method via an internal fan. There should be a backplate with enough coverage to prevent this user case. If I recall correctly the two systems differ for S650 to S550 and the change didn’t get implemented quick enough on S650. If you experience this issue at all please have it taken care of as it’s a minor fix.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Looks like a service bulletin was posted for this today. How convenient!
@roket I believe you have access to them? Could you post?
you are right, one was released. SSM 52398, here is the description:
" Some 2024 Mustang vehicles may exhibit a ticking noise coming from the front seats when the heated and cooled seat feature is in use. This may be due to the seat backrest blower motor fan contacting the housing. To correct this condition, replace the front backrest blower motor with the updated version (service part number PU5Z-18D507-B). For claiming, use causal part 18D507 and applicable labor operation in Section 12 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual."

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
Mine makes this noise as well. drives me crazy. Only with the "cooling" fan or the seat on
I think that we all need to go to the service departments of our dealerships, show them this thread, and tell them that they need to report it to Ford, because apparently they have no record of this being a problem.
I see a seat recall coming.
you are right, one was released. SSM 52398, here is the description:
" Some 2024 Mustang vehicles may exhibit a ticking noise coming from the front seats when the heated and cooled seat feature is in use. This may be due to the seat backrest blower motor fan contacting the housing. To correct this condition, replace the front backrest blower motor with the updated version (service part number PU5Z-18D507-B). For claiming, use causal part 18D507 and applicable labor operation in Section 12 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual."
Thank you so much for posting this!
While mine is a high pitched whine with ventilation only, and not a ticking with both heat and ventilation, I will definitely reach out to my service department.
Hopefully this will be the fix!

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Is this seat problem only on earlier builds?

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
I think that we all need to go to the service departments of our dealerships, show them this thread, and tell them that they need to report it to Ford, because apparently they have no record of this being a problem.
I see a seat recall coming.

Thank you so much for posting this!
While mine is a high pitched whine with ventilation only, and not a ticking with both heat and ventilation, I will definitely reach out to my service department.
Hopefully this will be the fix!
It does not qualify for a recall. You will NOT be injured in the event your seat blower motor is too loud due to the vent blockage….. Interior Engineering is aware of it.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Looks like a fix is out there:

SSM 52398, here is the description:
you, uh, literally copy-pasted exactly what i posted...

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)