• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whining noise from engine

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Mine sounds just like that and I took mine in to get looked at. They found no issues. But I've heard the same noise from some s550's. So I was thinking it's coming from the intakes lol.
Sponsored

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Yep A10, starting to learn that it may be something I will have to just deal with. I guess itā€™s a some do some donā€™t situation. No other issues thankfully. Appreciate all the feedback!
Itā€™s louder when in sports modeā€¦.but hey enjoy šŸ˜‰ the fake supercharger sound ..nobody has to know ..lol

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Oh yea the A10 whine is crazy. I have it in my 21 F150.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Ours has it. The only other instance Iā€™ve had this occur was in a Nissan when my timing chain ate through the tensioners. It was much louder than the Mustang but it sounded exactly like a supercharger. Some forum members figured it out and I had to show the service manager pics and a recording. It was a big issue with the VQ 40 engines for a few years.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Oh yea the A10 whine is crazy. I have it in my 21 F150.
Wondering why the transmission would be making this noise at all especially when it's in park or neutral.?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
10R80 is noisy. Should hear them in the F-150. It's near silly.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Wondering why the transmission would be making this noise at all especially when it's in park or neutral.?

moving parts and oil flowing? No clue but it works

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Many transmissions have the pump pushing fluid in park and neutral. If the noise is from the pump itself that would be why. Iā€™m not 100% sure on this as the cause to the noise but itā€™s possible. I do know the straighter the teeth on gears the louder they are. If youā€™ve ever heard a diesel locomotive throttle up from idle, some one of that whine is from the gears driving the turbo

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The oil pump is on the engine side of the transmission. You need oil pressure to move the gears into place. It is an electronic transmission but the electricity controls the the valves that direct the oil.

osupath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
@GiJoe Noticed what I believe to be the same noise you're having when pulling it into the garage. Thought it sounded like the car had a supercharger on it. Since the car barely has 100 miles on it I'll wait a little while & get some miles on it b4 I panic. Hoping it's normal & won't have to go into the dealer for repairs. Mine is an automatic & the noise seems to ramp up as you step on the go pedal.
I have also noticed some sort of unfamiliar whine only while engaging the throttle. I have around 150 miles on it now and was going to wait to see if it went away as I broke it in more.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
@GiJoe -

Any updates as to how it went? Iā€™ve also noticed this whining noise once a while, itā€™s usually not there when on a cold start or driving around for the first 5~10 minutes, but it comes out of nowhere. I have not noticed any performance change per se - could be because Iā€™m still breaking the motor in.
Sometimes it even comes on while cursing around 40 and I depress the accelerator pedal a lil hard at gear 5.

These sounds started to be noticed when I had just 200 miles on the clock.

OP
OP
GiJoe

GiJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
@GiJoe -

Any updates as to how it went? Iā€™ve also noticed this whining noise once a while, itā€™s usually not there when on a cold start or driving around for the first 5~10 minutes, but it comes out of nowhere. I have not noticed any performance change per se - could be because Iā€™m still breaking the motor in.
Sometimes it even comes on while cursing around 40 and I depress the accelerator pedal a lil hard at gear 5.

These sounds started to be noticed when I had just 200 miles on the clock.
Since this is my first 10R80 I was not used to it, but rather than have the dealer charge me for a diagnostic fee, just letting it be. No other issues or performance issues so not suspecting it is anything but the A10 whine. Will just tell everyone itā€™s a supercharger. šŸ˜‚

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Gotcha.. looks like Iā€™m going to live with it as well.! Enjoy the ride - see you on the road somewhere, sometime!

JohnO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES F Sport, 85 Mustang GT modified
Glad I saw this thread as I just noticed this noise today. The car only has 400 miles on it but it's the first day when it was warm enough to have the windows opened.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Glad I saw this thread as I just noticed this noise today. The car only has 400 miles on it but it's the first day when it was warm enough to have the windows opened.
My GT Auto whines as well. From what I can tell it's a combination of tires and possibly tranny. The Continentals on my car seem to whine on certain road surfaces.
Sponsored